This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, I love my Ford!
    �In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.� -Michael Jackson

Comment

My first car... my baby... a 98' Chevy Malibu... fantastic car. I miss her so. I took really good care of her until a jackass rear-ended me and she was totaled... I miss her so... I have an '03 Toyota Matrix now.
      Anyone up for a Colorado Micechatters meet-up?
      http://micechat.com/forums/meets-eve...ml#post3486518

Colorado Micechatter Extrordinare!
      sigpic

Comment

I still have my first car, seeing as I just bought over a year ago. Its a 96 Toyota 4runner. Ive put a lot of money into it after the last idiot that didnt take care of it at all. It was my dream truck though, and im very happy I didnt end up with a beater. As for stories, the only funny one I have is that I bought it from a deaf mute car salesman. That was an odd deal.
        Free Ipods!
        Free X-Box 360!

Comment

Originally posted by Malibu Minion
          I do- (I think?)

Found On Road Dead

Fix Or Repair Daliy

F****ed Over Rebulit Dodge

Backwards it's Driver Returns On Foot
          "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuzco-topia
            You do know what FORD means, right?

Fix
            It
            Again
            Tony????

My first car was a '69 Impala with a 327 small block that would smoke a tire like my mom never suspected.....

I am SO not letting my kids drive my car!!

War is over if you want it...

Peace - Love - Mickey Mouse

Comment

Originally posted by Momzilla59
              Fix
              It
              Again
              Tony????

That would be FIAT.

FORD = Found On Road Dead, Fixed Or Repaired Daily, Flip Over Read Directions, 'Fraid Of Racing Dale, First On Race Day, F Over Rebuilt Dodge, (backwards) Down Road On Foot.

My first vehicle was a 86 Ford Ranger. After pushing it for a year, I traded it for a 87 Ranger, and after walking alot with that one I got a 90 Honda Accord. Drove it for 4 years. She spent a year on life suport, and finaly passed away. R.I.P.. My wife and I now drive an Oldsmobile and a Mazda, The Mazda we bought 2 weeks ago and the tranny died. I am a curse on cars.

In addition to the list, we have:

Chevrolet = Clutch Hangs Every Valve Ratles Oil Leakes Every Time
              Subaru = (backwards) U R A Bus
              Pontiac = Poor Old Newyorker Thinks It's A Cadilac
              Last edited by monorail_rider; 04-04-2005, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by monorail_rider
                That would be FIAT.

People from Arlen, Texas know what I'm talking about....

War is over if you want it...

Peace - Love - Mickey Mouse

Comment

For my first car I got grandma's '85 Buick Somerset Regal. Ah, the Silver Beast. She moved in with us about the time I was turning 16 so it worked out nicely. It had that great bouncy suspension that resonated over any and every bump. It went significantly slower if the air conditioner was on (but at least it had air conditioning). Manual locks and windows, but a fully digital gauge cluster. :confused: As soon as I went to school, my sister wrecked it, as she is like to do. A few times. Had the cosmetic damage fixed. A few times. Replaced the torque converter. It's currently in the driveway under a cover, which the crows are tearing apart to use as nest material. *sigh* It needs a new battery; it'll run a little but it smokes. Needs a new head gasket, or maybe a new block (hopefully only the former). One day it shall ride again, I say! If only I could get the time.
                  My finger points.

Comment

A yellow 1972 VW Karmann Ghia, best damn car I ever owned and I will never forgive myself for selling her! She was pretty beat up but she always ran and got me through high school and then some. I bought her for only $1000. It was when I tried to restore her after I got into an accedent that I sold her because it was so much to get everything I needed for her and I'm not really a do it yourself kind of car guy so things got pretty expencive. I sold her 3 years ago and used the money to put a down payment on my current car a 1999 chevy z28 camaro convertable. The Z28 is great and really really fast and it is fun to go topless in the California sun but I miss my little Ghia. I have been thinking of buying anouther one though.

Comment

My first car was 1985 VOLKSWAGEN Golf,Drove it 261,328 miles before it croaked. Good car. Now the New VW's I would n't touch with 10 ft pole. I bought a 2001 VW GTI and the master cylinder went out after 3,000 miles Sold it, got a Honda, Never had a problem.

It's the Hummer Escape Pod- Honda Element, I bought this car because I do alot of outdoor activity, I don't have to worry to much about the interior getting all dirty from the dog or Dirty muddy Bicycles inside.

Plus my brother has had his Honda with over 250,000 and no problems.
                      Last edited by Alchimedes; 04-04-2005, 08:33 PM.
                      1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

A 1990 Toyota Corolla. She was my baby! I bought her in 1996 from my brother's friend who had kept her in pristine condition. Alas, I didn't, but she still lasted until Feb. when finally enough parts were broken that getting a new one became a necessity. I still miss her.

My new car is a bright red 03 Cavalier. I like it enough, but not in love yet.
                        Good morning, son
                        In twenty years from now
                        Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                        And I can tell you 'bout today
                        And how I picked you up and everything changed
                        It was pain
                        Sunny days and rain
                        I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ortizmo2000
                          Backwards it's Driver Returns On Foot

:lol: I forgot about that one.

Comment

I had a
                            88 Mazda 626 which promptly blew up the first weekend so I got a
                            88 Suburau
                            92 Chevy Berettait was a PITA when my first son came along(2 door)
                            94 Dodge Neon(my first new car)which I LOVED, hubby's fault it's gone
                            94 Dodge Caravan hated it(say it like In Living Color)
                            98 Town & Country
                            98 TBird(hubby's same times as I had the T & C)
                            00 Nissan Quest GXE(second new car)My mother in law LOVED it and wanted to buy it off us, so I got the........
                            00 Dodge Durango OMG LOVED IT, but it was the biggest POS! After 2 years I got rid of it it was killing me
                            Current-01 Ford Expedition Bauer edition, loved it at first now, I'm not liking it, want to go back to smaller
                            I'd like to go back to a smaller SUV(REALLY dig the Chevy Equinox)or Midsize sedan.

We also have
                            98 Ford F150(for the business)
                            04 Chevy Silverado(husbands)

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Had a little Ford Ranger that was my dad's work truck before he got a company truck. It had a big dent in the side of it from where someone hit it with a 2x4.
                              sigpic

Welcome to my blog!
                              A Photographed Life
                              12/28: Copperopolis, California

Comment

I have a '02 black Mercury Sable. I love my Mercury... so be nice ya'll!

Comment

"My" first car, which was actually my parents car that I drove exclusively, was an 86 Buick Lesabre... that I drove till it died in 2003. Big old boat car. I called it Big Red.

Then, I bought MY car... which is really MY first car... a 1998 Chrysler Sebring Convertible. It's platinum and perfect and I love it.

Comment

'49 Ford 1 ton homebuilt tow truck
                                    "48 Chev 1 ton homebuilt tow truck
                                    '61 Chev 1 Ton wrecker
                                    '56 Chev Belair 2 door
                                    '64 Triumph TR4
                                    '65 Mustang
                                    All these above I had before I was 18, Funny thing was the first vehicles I drove were old weldedup towtrucks my dad bought for me...to make my own allowance, while I should have been in high school I was making over $500 a week in the mid 70's cruising around San Jose and the bay Area for junk car bodies and scrap metal.
                                    I grew up in a family owned auto salvage business, the FIRST car I owned was the '56 Chev, I bought it for $65 around 1974, it had a broken windshield, tranny missing 1st and reverse(my girlfriend REALLy loved that feature ), a 283 which I blew up and then a 327...which I blew up
                                    '64 Jeep 3/4 ton 4x4 PU
                                    '74 Cadillac
                                    '71 Ford F150
                                    '76 Buick Sylark
                                    '74 Chev C20
                                    '80 Chev C20
                                    '66 GMC C20
                                    '77 GMC 1 Ton dually
                                    2005 Pontiac Aztek AWD (a gift for my wife)
                                    and my current ride....

2002 Silverado 3500 4x4 Dually with the 8.1 Vortec, Allison 5speed auto transmission, Onstar, Heavy duty Tow haul package (4 wheel disc brakes, 135 amp alt etc) leather heated seats, two way FM radio (for work cause I am operations supervisor) and I have it severely customized with an upgraded sound system, HID headlights in projector headlight housings, all lights are now long running LEDs, special front and rear 6 strobe amber warning light system, 2004 upgraded turn signal in outside mirrors, Cadillac Escalade instrument cluster with a carbon fiber bezel (it has better looking gauges and the speedo goes up to 120mph) specialy aftermarket stainless steel bug shield and a lot of little stuff I get off of ebay.
                                    Micechat member # 98

TARDIS
                                    "Time And Relative Dimension In Space."

Comment

My first car was a 1986 Huyndai Excel with a sun roof and no A/C. That little car got me everywhere and was so good to me. It was a stick shift, so I cried when I got it cause I didn't know how to drive one (Luckily my ex was very patient and taught me well). I got that car in 1996 and in 2000, I traded it in and got a 2000 VW Beetle. It's black and people call it the Mickey Mobile!!!! (It has the Mickey Mouse dice that they sold at DL a few years go hanging from the rearview mirror). I love my car. My friends say it smells like crayons.
                                      Katie :yea:
                                      Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
                                      :sc: FIGHT ON!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Disneykat
                                        (It has the Mickey Mouse dice that they sold at DL a few years go hanging from the rearview mirror)
                                        I've got those hanging in my car, too... but they're from WDW!

Comment

My first car is an Oldsmobile.... Brand name 88... Mid 90s i think... Was my sisters car.. has a dent on one side.. paint is chipping... it is not bad driving.. just have to getnew tire.. then drive to school and park.. (illegally since no more parking stickers left..)

It aitn that bad.. still runs.. just needs new tires.... (or i could get it pimped out.. LOL Disney style..)

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X