Announcement

Collapse

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

MiceChat Countdown Feature

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MiceChat Countdown Feature

There's been some talk about a countdown feature, which will be coming "soon", and so I had a suggestion, for the script that is:

HTML Code:
    <script>

//change the text below to reflect your own,
    var current=0
    var montharray=new Array("Jan","Feb","Mar","Apr","May","Jun","Jul","Aug","Sep","Oct","Nov","Dec")

function countdown(yr,m,d){
    var today=new Date()
    var todayy=today.getYear()
    if (todayy < 1000)
    todayy+=1900
    var todaym=today.getMonth()
    var todayd=today.getDate()
    var todaystring=montharray[todaym]+" "+todayd+", "+todayy
    var futurestring=montharray[m-1]+" "+d+", "+yr
    var difference=(Math.round((Date.parse(futurestring)-Date.parse(todaystring))/(24*60*60*1000))*1)
    if (difference==0)
    document.write(current)
    else if (difference>0)
    document.write(+difference)
    }
    //enter the count down date using the format year/month/day
    countdown(2005,5,5)
    </script>
    This script would display the number of days only. The idea is that when you have the start tag (say, [countdown]) that would be everything up until "countdown(" you would then enter your date, (eg. 2005,5,5) and then the closing tag ([/countdown] would be the ")" and the </script>

Set as mentioned above, the script would produce the following result:

therefore, you would simply write:

It's only [countdown]2005,5,5[/countdown] days until May 5!

which would display as:

It's only 29 days until May 5!

and it would update itself every day. On the day in question, the script would display "0".

This script, by the way, is a modified version of a script from the Javascript Kit.

I'm not sure if it would work, I'm pretty sure it will, I read the FAQ on the vBulletin site to try to get a better undertstanding of how the vB scripts work, and I think this should work. I guess the admins can play around with it. Or maybe they've already been working on something. Anyway, hope this helps.
    Last edited by Club 33; 04-06-2005, 10:13 AM.

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X