This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best week ever Disney style

Generally I would say that the best week ever Disney style would be talking about a week long stay at the parks. But the last 5 days have been so awsome. I have had an opportunity to do and see some great things!

Saturday night I was invited to the Oakland Museum's Gala Fundraiser. The honorary Chairperson was Diane Disney Miller and all the attendees got to see the Behind the Magic - 50 years of Disneyland exhibit that opens this weekend (www.behindthemagic.org) This is the same exhibit that was at the Henry Ford Museum. Lot's of great stuff to see. I will definitely be back again before this exhibit leaves in August.

The fundraiser was a lot of fun. There was good food and wine and dancing started at 10:00 pm but we had to leave to get some sleep. We had to be up at 4:30 am to catch a 6:30 am flight to LA to participate in MouseAdventure. Never done this before but it was a lot of fun. I know it is sponsored by another web-site but I bet most everyone who participates in the crazy treasure hunt spends a lot of time at this great forum.

We met another couple who also had never participated in one of these events. A team of 4 newbies. To make maters worse, we choose the longer resort wide challenge - what were we thinking!!!! Well nothing ever goes smoothly - Southwest cancelled our 6:30 am flight and then there was some equipment difficulties on the 7:00 am flight. We didn't get to the resort until 10:00 am. Yikes already lost an hour! Well we had a great time; spent a few hours actually going on some attractions and headed home. What a day.

I got to recover a bit on Monday and Tuesday and last night I finished up my best week ever by getting to see Cars last night. As a fundraiserfor the Emeryville Education Foundation, Pixar let 238 donors (the capacity of the Pixar theater) see one of the first public showings of Cars. What a treat. Got to go in Pixar. A little food and wine and an opportunity to stroll the galleries at Pixar. Saw all sorts of art related to the movie. The evening finished with a screening of the movie preceded by a preview of Ratatouille and the most current short One Man Band. I really enjoyed Cars and will certainly see it again when it opens in early June.

Well work is unfortunately bringing me down from my Disney high. I guess I need to get back at it!

See ya at the park!
    The Mur

Re: Best week ever Disney style

Wow....sounds like you had a "fantabulous" week! Congrats on getting to see Cars early, ya lucky duck! Glad you had fun!
    http://twitter.com/DisneyBrat
    www.foursquare.com/user/disneybrat
    http://www.facebook.com/Melissa.M.Solorzano

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X