This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unknown disneyland map

sorry i'ts qutie big , but i found this on my computer , it's quite cool , but i have no idea from when , or for what this map was used for , i like the art on it... any ideas??

My Maleficent tattoo

Re: unknown disneyland map

That is pretty awesome! Judging from the simplicity of the layout it must be from the late 50's, early 60's. That would be a great collector item to have!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

Former frontierland attractions can be seen in the background. What a find. :yea:
      To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Comment

Along with other Disney memorablia available at the gift shop, this toy record set was available when Disneyland opened in 1956. The idea was for kids to cut out the records and set up the map to take you on a play tour of the greatest theme park ever built. You could also cut out the little characters to play with as you enjoyed the records or place them on your record player. This Mattel product was also made in two other theme variations which were The Mickey Mouse Club and, the exceedingly rare Davey Crocket version. This was purchased with a sealable envelope that made it suitable for mailing right from the park. The records were made by The RAINBO Record company which still feature a blurb about it on their website.
        Six paneled medium paper fold out with 5 separate record sheets spot glued at the corners. 78 rpm - 1956

http://www.wfmu.org/MACrec/dismapALL.html
        "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

Originally posted by ALIASd
          Along with other Disney memorablia available at the gift shop, this toy record set was available when Disneyland opened in 1956. The idea was for kids to cut out the records and set up the map to take you on a play tour of the greatest theme park ever built. You could also cut out the little characters to play with as you enjoyed the records or place them on your record player. This Mattel product was also made in two other theme variations which were The Mickey Mouse Club and, the exceedingly rare Davey Crocket version. This was purchased with a sealable envelope that made it suitable for mailing right from the park. The records were made by The RAINBO Record company which still feature a blurb about it on their website.
          Six paneled medium paper fold out with 5 separate record sheets spot glued at the corners. 78 rpm - 1956

wow thats coooool , it makes a kinda cool wallpaper

My Maleficent tattoo

Comment

Originally posted by ALIASd

Their calendar is obviously off by a year but still nice that they include the info on their website, as follows:
            1956: Disneyland opened: Rainbo's Disneyland Talking Map (a five-record fold-out) is an outstanding feature of the opening.
            http://www.rainborecords.com/History.html
            "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

The perspective of the drawing is interesting. The "view from above" seems to emphasize the "ugly show building" aspect of many of the attractions!
              "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
              -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Chaney
                The perspective of the drawing is interesting. The "view from above" seems to emphasize the "ugly show building" aspect of many of the attractions!
                Also if you look on main street , it looks like never built liberty square / edison square area is included on the map , and i also noticed that directly right of Fantasyland is almost nothing , was it really that empty in 1956?

My Maleficent tattoo

Comment

Originally posted by GrimmGreen
                  Also if you look on main street , it looks like never built liberty square / edison square area is included on the map , and i also noticed that directly right of Fantasyland is almost nothing , was it really that empty in 1956?
                  I think that's actually the never-built "ride through the countryside," where you could ride alone on a horse and buggy through a country side. Disneyland's version of the "tunnel of love."

It's included on the original map of Disneyland that was used for the early presentations.
                  -Tim

Comment

Wow, that's quite a fascinating item. I've got a small collection of Disneyland records, but that would have to be the crown jewel of them all.
                    Woof!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X