Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

Urban Legend Spam from Dumb Co-Workers

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urban Legend Spam from Dumb Co-Workers

I like a good story as much as the next guy, but how dumb can people get? An admin assistant forwarded an old 'Notice' that 'Could save your life' about a..... you know what, I am so annoyed and the story is so lame, I will spare you, but trust me it's dumb.

Anyway, do you get a bunch of these in your work or personal email? I am always amazed that people don't check some quick facts before sending out crap like this.

Ugh!

Re: Urban Legend Spam from Dumb Co-Workers

Aw c'mon, you don't believe someone woke up in a bathtub of ice water with both their kidneys missing? :lol:

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Comment

I get them all the time from people asking me to it's true or another lie...

I've taught them to not be so gullible.
      -Tim

Comment

Didn't we have a thread about annoying emails not too long ago? I could easily have dreamt that..... nyway, I go look up the email on Snopes and reply to the sender with a link to the debunk.

Comment

Originally posted by Morrigoon
          Aw c'mon, you don't believe someone woke up in a bathtub of ice water with both their kidneys missing? :lol:
          Morrigoon,

You PROMISED you wouldn't tell anyone what happened to me on spring break. Thanks a lot for breaking my trust.

A little piece of my heart just died.*

* A little piece, the one that goes 'lub-dub, lub-dub' not a big piece that pumps blood.

Comment

Originally posted by Xharryb
            Didn't we have a thread about annoying emails not too long ago? I could easily have dreamt that..... nyway, I go look up the email on Snopes and reply to the sender with a link to the debunk.
            probably, but this is specific to Urban Legends and people who think they're doing a community service by telling you about them....

I'm with you, Snopes.com is a great site to see what's BS.

Comment

I finally got so rude to the handful of people who kept sending this junk to me that they (thankfully) don't e-mail me anymore.

When you send someone the Snopes link, and they STILL insist on believing that forwarding an e-mail will make them rich.... that's not someone I want to be around any more. :bang:

Originally posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
              Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Originally posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
              Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

Comment

Actually I LOVE the stupid emails. My personal favorites are the ones that start off by saying "Good Day and compliment of the season to you. I am from a bank in Nigeria and I need your assistance. I was a Princess before my father was overthrown..."

I have a full collection of those brilliant BS emails. I love to see how they ease into the hook of getting your money from you.
                "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals. �
                Homer Jay Simpson

Comment

I LOVE the scam spam ones, too-- sometimes I feel like it's comedy delivered into my inbox.

Fishy (and others), you should check out rapper MC Frontalot. He has an entire song devoted to the Nigerian Scam you're referring to:

http://frontalot.com/lyrics/messageno419.html

You can even download a free MP3 of it on his music page.

Originally posted by Fishbulb
                  Actually I LOVE the stupid emails. My personal favorites are the ones that start off by saying "Good Day and compliment of the season to you. I am from a bank in Nigeria and I need your assistance. I was a Princess before my father was overthrown..."

I have a full collection of those brilliant BS emails. I love to see how they ease into the hook of getting your money from you.

Comment

I've got a couple friends who send me every forward that lands in their box, all headers and all addresses attached. One friend I got trained by my constant replies with links to Snopes. She doesn't send me those anymore. Maybe she learned, maybe she just doesn't love me anymore.
                    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Comment

I discovered this link on a wonderful little site.

http://www.thanksno.com/

(thanks go to SzczerbiakManiac over at LoT)
                      What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

Comment

My daughter's father USED to have a whole collection of examples of him screwing with the Nigerian scam people via e-mail. SUPER funny stuff. I'm kind of sorry he took it off the site.

Originally posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
                        Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Originally posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
                        Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

Comment

Some people "scambait" as a hobby:

http://www.419eater.com/
                          When the eagles are silent the parrots begin to jabber.
                          --Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Tui
                            I discovered this link on a wonderful little site.

http://www.thanksno.com/

(thanks go to SzczerbiakManiac over at LoT)

Beautiful... just.... beautiful. :evil:

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
                            all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X