This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schwan;s - Anyone tried their food?

I was browsing the Schwan's website looking at their food. Has anyone tried it? Is it any good and is it worth the money?

Re: Schwan;s - Anyone tried their food?

I used to buy it a while back. I really like their veggie lasagna and all of the icr cream treats. My husband and kids like the meatballs and meatloaf. It has been awhile since we ordered though. I think it is worth the money if you want something fast, and easy to prepare that is one step above the frozen junk you find at the grocery store. I say try it and see if you like it. The ice cream is actually really good, it would be worth it just for that alone. )

Comment

I've only had their ice cream... love it! We used to get the frozen custard cups and root beer float bars all the time.
      -Tim

Comment

I'm not too worried about the ice cream and such, but more interested in the dinners.

Comment

tried it, way to expensive, and really not worth that price.

Comment

Originally posted by FrumiousBoojum
            I've only had their ice cream... love it! We used to get the frozen custard cups and root beer float bars all the time.
            I was just about to say this! We get their icecream stuff about twice a month!

Wooo hooo!

Comment

My family has been getting Schwan's stuff for about 10-15 years now. It's really good, but also very expensive. I like their ice cream sandwiches and pork chops. Mmm...

Comment

Their ice cream and snacks are pretty good, the main dinner are expensive. Their pizza's are reallllllllllly good too. We had the Fire Roasted Spinach and Mushroom yesterday and it was WAY good,

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

My mom has been a Schwan's fan for about 7 years; she got hooked on it from her neighbor across the street who used it to plan all her meals. Mom buys her meats from them; really good. She likes that they are individually wrapped in single servings; you only have to defrost what you need and no figuring out how much is a serving. I keep the mashed potato buds in the freezer for a quick side dish. She also buys the bowls for my stepdad on nights when we're at quilt group; all he has to do is pop one in the nuker. We've actually had the turkey breast for thanksgiving dinner several times. It's good and juicy, just not enough gravy for all of us (we're gravy hogs). Mom swears by them and thinks most of the stuff is worth the money.
                  A bit of evil lurks in your heart, but you hide it well.
                  In some ways, you are the most dangerous kind of evil. :evil:

Comment

My grandma is a huge schwann fan - love their food. (They live in a small town with no grocery store - the nearest is 30 minutes away). Anyway, their seafood is really good and the chicken strips - yum.

Also the push-ups!!!!! Gotta get them, I grew up on those!
                    sigpic
                    Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Comment

We get their stuff; mostly dinners and a bit of ice cream. Some items, like their chicken strips, fish sticks etc. are a bit more expensive than the grocery store, but are also better quality, IMO. They have other stuff that's sort of hard to find; bacon wrapped turkey tenderloins, to name one, that are very good. And we also absolutely love their Angus steak burgers. They're almost as good as fresh ground beef and are far more forgiving if you overcook them a bit. Yum!

Comment

Thanks guys! I might give them a try. (Especially the ice cream that everyone seems to love!)

Comment

The dinners are good but are REALLY high in sodium

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X