This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liquid Band-Aid (superglue)

Anyone ever use superglue on small cuts (paper cuts, nicks, scrapes, ect.)?

I do. I think its stronger then a band-aid. I got some of the 'liquid band-aid" stuff once and noticed it was just like super glue.

Like, tonight I was moving some things and the glass from a picture fram slid out and the corner landed onthe top of my foot. TI hurt but didn't cut it deep. I cleaned it out with alcohol and the applied a touch of super glue and squeezed the cut closed.

I do the same with paper cuts. They heal with very little scar (if any).

I know, kinda off topic. Just interesting topic. I keep a tube of un open spuer glue in my firts aid kits.

They use something similar for many types of surgery to close the incisions without scarring.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

Comment

I've used the liquid band-aid before when it first came out. Have you compared ingredients? I found the liquid stuff just a pain in the butt. The only thing I did like is not having a big ulgy band-aid on my finger.

Comment

Cant say I have a lot of experience with this sort of thing, but it sounds like a good idea.

Comment

I have not bothered with a band-aid, in any form, for some time. A little pressure stops the bleeding and a little time lets them heal.

Comment

My son one time cut his head open on our entertainment center. I wish I had tried that stuff, cuz he has a yucky scar on his forehead now. In hindsight, it may have even needed a stitch or two, I think the cut was worse than I thought it was at the time based on his scar he has now. So I wish I had at least tried that stuff instead of a stupid band-aid, maybe it wouldn't have scarred so bad. I will keep that in mind for future wounds.
            �In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.� -Michael Jackson

Comment

I have used it (liquid Bandaid) I love it, I work with young children and part of the health code is all open wounds (even papercuts) need to be covered and bandaids are cumbersome and distracting, plus if I wear one every kid suddenly needs one.....

and yes I agree it is basicly superglue, though I have not checked the ingredients.
              procrastibating

Comment

Anyone see that story about the guy that accidently put super glue in his eyes thinking it was eye drops?

Story 1

Story 2

Doing a search on Yahoo, seems that MANY people have done this. :confused:

How can someone do this? Wouldn't they smell the fumes from the glue? And I don't know about anyone else, but who keeps super glue in the fridge, medicine cabinet, etc.? I keep mine in the desk drawer. And one more thing. I know after the first use of any super glue I have ever used, the cap becomes almost impossible to remove the next time I need it, so wouldn't that tell me "Hey this isn't normal for eye drops."

Sorry, just kinda puzzled about how people get in some sticky situations (no pun intended).
                Last edited by monorail_rider; 04-12-2005, 12:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by monorail_rider
                  Anyone see that story about the guy that accidently put super glue in his eyes thinking it was eye drops?

Story 1

Story 2

Doing a search on Yahoo, seems that MANY people have done this. :confused:

How can someone do this? Wouldn't they smell the fumes from the glue? And I don't know about anyone else, but who keeps super glue in the fridge, medicine cabinet, etc.? I keep mine in the desk drawer. And one more thing. I know after the first use of any super glue I have ever used, the cap becomes almost impossible to remove the next time I need it, so wouldn't that tell me "Hey this isn't normal for eye drops."

Sorry, just kinda puzzled about how people get in some sticky situations (no pun intended).
                  That is both unfortunate and funny...I am sorry. :botox:

Comment

Yes! I make work in a printmaking studio and my hands are ravaged by paint thinner. Sometimes my thumbs split open a lot and the paint thinner gets in (ouch!). But the superglue fix really helps me get through the day.
                    :captain: double the powder and shorten the fuse?

Comment

after working in a pharmacy I am no longer suprised by the stupid things some people will do. I cannot count the number of times someone has put eardrops in their eyes for infections because you can but eye drops in your ears so they think it works both ways.
                      Or the woman who left the foil on her suppository and used it that way and then wondered why it didn't work.
                      I will save the princess, though I do not know the way.

Comment

suppository.... eeaawwww....
                        :captain: double the powder and shorten the fuse?

Comment

Originally posted by frodo potter
                          after working in a pharmacy I am no longer suprised by the stupid things some people will do. I cannot count the number of times someone has put eardrops in their eyes for infections because you can but eye drops in your ears so they think it works both ways.
                          Or the woman who left the foil on her suppository and used it that way and then wondered why it didn't work.
                          :botox: :botox: DUH! :botox: :botox: And these people become parents and we wonder why kids are so screwy these days....
                          ANYWAY, one of my kids had a big, heavy door whack her in the head a few years back and she got a gash from it. I promptly took her back upstairs to the pediatrician's office (this happened in the lobby of the med. bldg. after her check up!-No, I didn't sue...) and they glued her head closed. I liked the non-invasive (sp?) approach i.e. no stitching the head, but the glue wouldn't come out of her hair so we had to cut it out.
                          I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it.
                          That explains the trouble that I'm always in...
                          sigpic

Comment

It's all polymers... same basic idea!
                            "Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservative." - John Stuart Mill
                            -
                            "We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home." - Edward R. Murrow
                            -
                            "It's far easier to fight for your principles than it is to live up to them." - Adelai Stephenson
                            -
                            Reason for the Season? Tilt of the planet's axis. Oh, you meant the holiday season? That's easy - Feast of Saturnalia. Disagree? That's nice.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X