This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other things to ponder (non question)

Inspired by the other thread. Here are some things to make you say "Hum, interesting" that are not questions.

"I Am" is the shortest complete sentence in the english language.

A ducks quack does not echo, and no one knows why.

The airplane Buddy Holly died in was the "American Pie" (thus the name of the Don McLean song)

Only 2 people signed the Declaration of Independance on July 4th, John Handcock & Charles THomson. Most of the rest signed on Aug. 2nd but the very last signature wasnt added intill 5 years later.

An ostrich's eye is bigger then it's brain (I know people like that)

Nutmeg is extremely poisonous if injected intravenousley.

If you have 3 quarters, 4 dimes, and 4 pennies you have $1.19. You also have the largest amount of money in coins without being able to make change for a dollar.

No NFL team which plays it's home games in domed stadium has won a superbowl.

If you put a rasin in a glass of champagne, it will bob from top to bottom of the glass.

Snails can sleep for 3 years without eating.

The fingerprints of Koala bears are virtually indistinguishable from thoes of humans, so much so that they could be confused at a crime scene. (lol. It wasn't me. the Koala bear did it.)

Months that begins on Sunday will always have a "Friday the 13th"

You can't lick your elbow.
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

Comment

Originally posted by monorail_rider
      No NFL team which plays it's home games in domed stadium has won a superbowl.
      This is no longer true as the St. Louis Rams played indoors the year they won Super Bowl XXXIV in 2000.

On topic, there are more cars than people in Los Angeles.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

Comment

Originally posted by AndersDMB
        There are more potholes than people per capita in Michigan.

Comment

There are more sheep than people in New Zealand
          Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
          Help support the site you love:
          -Visit the MiceChat store
          Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
          MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by AndersDMB
            And many of those cars seem to find the road by themselves. Cars are not intelligent drivers.

Comment

A ducks quack does not echo, and no one knows why.
              Mythbusters proved this to be an urban legend. Duck's quacks do echo.

Comment

Originally posted by Tech_Disney
                Mythbusters proved this to be an urban legend. Duck's quacks do echo.
                Actualy they were inconclusive. They could not find an echo and belived that the echo was mixing with the original quack, but they never prooved it.

Comment

Greenland is actually icy while Iceland is actually green.

Orange is the only word in the English language that nothing rhymes with.
                  Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Comment

Abraham Lincoln's secretary advised him against going to the theatre. JFK's secretary advised him against going to Dallas. Abe's secretary was named Kennedy. JFK's secretary was named Lincoln. Both presidents were succeeded by a Vice President named Johnson.

Rabbits cannot vomit.

Dogs cannot sweat. That is why they pant.

Silver does not rhyme with orange... nor anything else.
                    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
                    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Chaney
                      Abraham Lincoln's secretary advised him against going to the theatre. JFK's secretary advised him against going to Dallas. Abe's secretary was named Kennedy. JFK's secretary was named Lincoln. Both presidents were succeeded by a Vice President named Johnson.
                      That's nonsense. Read Snopes.com.

This is just the same crap that AOL idiots have been CC:ing for time immemorial to every person who's ever been unfortunate enough to get on their mailing list.
                      "Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservative." - John Stuart Mill
                      -
                      "We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home." - Edward R. Murrow
                      -
                      "It's far easier to fight for your principles than it is to live up to them." - Adelai Stephenson
                      -
                      Reason for the Season? Tilt of the planet's axis. Oh, you meant the holiday season? That's easy - Feast of Saturnalia. Disagree? That's nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Flint

This is just the same crap that AOL idiots have been CC:ing for time immemorial to every person who's ever been unfortunate enough to get on their mailing list.

"Uncompromisingly Honest."

No kidding!

Comment

For your persual, the Kennedy/Lincoln lies:

http://snopes.com/history/american/linckenn.htm

Echoing Quackery:
                          http://www.snopes.com/critters/wild/duckecho.htm

Shortest English Sentence:
                          http://www.southwest.cc.nc.us/bobh/ShortestSentence.htm

American Pie nonsense:
                          http://www.fiftiesweb.com/crash.htm
                          Last edited by Flint; 04-15-2005, 07:11 PM.
                          "Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservative." - John Stuart Mill
                          -
                          -
                          "It's far easier to fight for your principles than it is to live up to them." - Adelai Stephenson
                          -
                          Reason for the Season? Tilt of the planet's axis. Oh, you meant the holiday season? That's easy - Feast of Saturnalia. Disagree? That's nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Flint

OK. Sorry. I was told this as true. Thank you for setting me straight. (At least I got the part about the two Vice Presidents Johnson right. :o )
                            "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
                            -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Chaney
                              OK. Sorry. I was told this as true. Thank you for setting me straight. (At least I got the part about the two Vice Presidents Johnson right. :o )
                              It's an uphill battle I still fight with my own mother about stuff like this LOL
                              (she has her own little spam folder in my e-mail, filled with "butt prints in the sand" crap )
                              -
                              -
                              -

Comment

Ok. I will say this and leave you to your own conclusion. Snoops.com is NOT the most acurate site in the world.

I have personaly provent them wrong on MANY counts and they refuses to change their "facts"

In reading the above link I find yet another "fact" they miss print.

Originally posted by Snoops
                                Booth ran from the theater and was caught in a warehouse.
                                Oswald ran from a warehouse and was caught in a theater.

Another "coincidence" that is both inaccurate and superficial.

Booth shot Lincoln in a theatre of the type where live stage shows are held, then fled across state lines before being trapped and killed in a barn used for storage several days later.

Oswald shot Kennedy from (not in) a textbook warehouse, then remained in Dallas and was caught and taken alive in a movie theater a little over an hour later.
                                Ok, so they break it down, so lets break down their break down.

Booth ran from the theater and was caught in a warehouse.
                                Oswald ran from a warehouse and was caught in a theater.

Booth shot Lincoln in a theatre of the type where live stage shows are held,

A theater is a theater, the times have changed but they are still used for the same thing. to show a show.

then fled across state lines before being trapped and killed in a barn used for storage several days later.

Um...Aren't wearhouses used for storage? So wouldn't that make the "barn" that is being used for storage a type of wearhouse?

Oswald shot Kennedy from (not in) a textbook warehouse,

No where in the original "fun facts" sheet does it say that Oswald shot Kennedy in a warehouse.

then remained in Dallas and was caught and taken alive in a movie theater a little over an hour later.

Yeah..And??? No one said he ran, or was killed in the theater. What point is Snoops trying to make here?

----------------------------

Sorry, but I have read just about everything on Snoops.com and I would say that 40% of their post are incorrect. And when you e-mail them and correct them they deny your facts proving their information is incorrect and refuse to correct their posting.

Everything listed in the Lincoln/Kennedy is a fact. Who cares if they are "coincidence" or not. The fact still remains that itis true. No one is even saying that Lincoln & Kennedy were connected because of this, or that they are "past lives" or anything like thta. Just random fun facts that stick out about the two men and their lives.

*steps down off soap box*

Comment

I have personaly provent them wrong on MANY counts and they refuses to change their "facts"

Sorry, but I have read just about everything on Snoops.com and I would say that 40% of their post are incorrect. And when you e-mail them and correct them they deny your facts proving their information is incorrect and refuse to correct their posting.
                                  My question to you would be "did you provide sources?" (not being snarky here...)
                                  -
                                  -
                                  -

Comment

Nutmeg is extremely poisonous if injected intravenousley.

Okay okay okay......as interesting as these little factoids are, can I just ask WHO THE HELL TRIED THIS for it to have been included on the list??? Who out there was heroin just plain not good enough for anymore? :lol:

<Sniff sniff> "Hey, do you smell French Toast?"

"Oh, that's just the drug lab next door."
                                    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

Comment

Your foot is the same size as your inner arm.
                                      (Wrist to elbow bend)

sorry.. only lame one I could think of.
                                      Mellymouse

(do you think the Finding Nemo Subs line will be under 3 hours by then?)

Comment

Originally posted by sunnygirl
                                        Orange is the only word in the English language that nothing rhymes with.
                                        Ok, don't make me go over this again! See: Ping/Pong
                                        Last edited by Jennidisneyfer; 04-17-2005, 03:16 PM. Reason: only wanted part of quote
                                        I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it.
                                        That explains the trouble that I'm always in...
                                        sigpic

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X