What do you collect?

Ad Widget

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you collect?

I collected disney pins for a while. Now i'm collecting charms for my bracelet. I want to start collecting glass animal figurines, garden gnomes, flamingos or any neat antique items.

I'm always looking for something new to obsess over! So, what do you collect? Anything unusual? Anything expensive? Anything compulsive?
    Last edited by Cuzco-topia; 04-12-2005, 09:41 AM.
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

Seriously, all my money goes into the kids. It is almost as if we have side-by-side Disney Stores and Toys-R-Us' in our house rather than kids' bedrooms.

Once upon a time ago, I used to collect pigs. I have a few left, but they are all in storage.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

Oh mannnnnnnnnnnnn. I have a massive collection of Marvel and DC comics and comic book related action figures! Lego figures not the blocks. I am such a geek. I also have an exstensive DVD collection. I also collect cigars, cigar boxes, lighters etc. I also collect books, I want to have a hardbound library someday. I also collect scripts, I have a massive container with close to 100 television and film scripts

If I could start another collection it would be vintage movie posters, framed and in good condition!

I enjoy building 1/38 scale WWII models, collecting DVDs, movie posters of my favorie movies, and (suprise) Ive started to collect Stitch stuff.
        Anyone up for a Colorado Micechatters meet-up?

Colorado Micechatter Extrordinare!

Movie posters, dvds and rare vhs, books
          Eglantine, Eglantine, oh how you shine!
          I don't believe in giving animals ridiculous names. I call him Cosmic Creepers...
          ...and if you've got no other choice, you know you can follow my voice...

I have never collected anything until we moved and now I am trying to get ahold of as much disney stuff as possible to make me feel at home.

Oh, I guess my husband and I collect movies. We never rent because we always forget to return them so we just buy them. After we moved, they have been all boxed up. We actually just bought a bunch of shelves for our new theatre room and put them all on display. We still have a whole box we couldn't even fit. I need to count them one of these days and figure out just how many we have.
            �In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.� -Michael Jackson

I collect hardcover cookbooks, although i will admit that those are heavy items to collect. I actually just went through and got rid of a bunch of a bunch of them so I can grow my collection a bit more.

I also collect prints of vintage travel posters and prints of vintage alcohol advertisements (they're all really cool looking). They're all just small prints, but some day I'd like to really start a collection and buy some really nice big ones and frame them all.

I used to collect white teddy bears (they're in storage now) when I was younger, but I don't anymore.

Disney paper - expecially from the 1960's-70's. This includes lobby Cards, Maps, brochures, books, etc. I have a pretty large collection.

Disney Snowglobes, I've run out of room & need to buy another curio for them.
                  Disney character figures, started last summer so I only have 3 :o
                  Disney "toothpick holders" aka shot glasses
                  Disney ornaments

When my oldest was a baby I started collecting Disney Princess Dolls, but with the boom of Princess stuff I lost interest. :o

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Just guess?

<<<<<<<<<Aristocats....cells, snowglobes, stamps, pins, toys, clothing, figurines!

That is for my dining room only!

Also collect any kind of other cat items, you name it, I've probably got it! Most proud of my LLadro (Spanish artist) cat collection, got almost all of them that were ever made.
                    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
                    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

We have a "Disney Tree" for Christmas (three Different trees) This one is all Glass W/ Radko's and Assorted Disney Ornaments we have collected.
                      Just Collected a Sculpture or glass Mickey Painting Walt Like Norman Rockwell. (Self Portrait)
                      Funny story- I was in NOS and saw a pin that I liked and wished they would make a Glass or Porcelain, Well guess what? As I'm shopping World of Disney, I found it!!!

Now collecting everything Tin or Toy collectible from 1930- 1960's. Now all I need is a display for them.
                      1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Willow Tree Angels

I have a collection of Black and White/sepia tone pictures that I have taken. I guess I can't call it a collection since I took the pictures.

Scrapbooking supplies

I'm in the process of rebuilding my Disney collection that I got rid of a yr ago...VERY LONG STORY
                        Last edited by Disneykat; 04-12-2005, 11:40 AM.
                        Katie :yea:
                        Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
                        :sc: FIGHT ON!!!!!!

I've probably collected everything at one time or another, but mainly DVD's, CD's, pins in general (Disney pins included), books and most recently Disneyland attraction posters.

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

Turtle stuff, cute snowmen and shotglasses. I've recently started a Disney pin collection and apparently a Tink collection. (I used to collect pins a long time ago).
                            Good morning, son
                            In twenty years from now
                            Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                            And I can tell you 'bout today
                            And how I picked you up and everything changed
                            It was pain
                            Sunny days and rain
                            I knew you'd feel the same things...

I have collected Disney figurines and mugs since I was little, and I have a small snowglobe collections. I used to collect miniature dogs and animals, but now I just collect DVD's.
                              Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
                              Help support the site you love:
                              -Visit the MiceChat store
                              Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
                              MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

Ad Widget