This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MegarooFifi
    :lol: I used to have a HUGE crush on him when I was younger. That is sooo funny!!!
    That is funny. My roomate in college had this friend who would always want to come over to hang out with me because she wanted me to introduce her to him!
    �In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.� -Michael Jackson

Comment

i met myron waldmen (creator of popeye and casper the friendly ghost)

Comment

Wow Schucks, very impressive list!

I'm most jealous about meeting the Crossing Jordan people though... I'm really addicted to that show...

I guess it pays to work in the film industry!

Comment

I spent an afternoon with Adriana Caselotti.

It was amazing. And a little sad. She met us at the door singing "Someday My Prince Will Come." Nearing eighty, she could still hit the falsetto.

One of her first husbands was taking care of her much like Max in "Sunset Boulevard." In fact, it was all much like Sunset Boulevard. Since DIS had her on payroll for life and she wasn't allowed to do any other pictures, she was surrounded by row after row of Snow White memorabilia... images and rewards for the one thing she'd ever done professionally, so long ago. Despite her house being polynesian-themed, there was still a wishing well in her front yard.

She offered me a beer. I was sixteen. I was shocked. She talked about being one of the first women to wear a bikini publicly.

I have a picture with her. It is not an afternoon I'm likely to forget.

Comment

Originally posted by MegarooFifi
            Wow Schucks, very impressive list!

I'm most jealous about meeting the Crossing Jordan people though... I'm really addicted to that show...

I guess it pays to work in the film industry!
            I had an interview for the show as a writer's pa...I was the second choice. Didn't get it because I didn't have salaried experiance! I am gonna try again next fall! If I get it, track me down...introduce you to George Clooney's cousin.

Comment

I've met a few musicians, since my roommate works in the industry. I've seen a lot more people (mostly at local muscian's shows,) but haven't met them. (Most recently as Delmont Mulroney.) Nobody too, too huge and exciting, I don't think, depending. *lol*
              Good morning, son
              In twenty years from now
              Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
              And I can tell you 'bout today
              And how I picked you up and everything changed
              It was pain
              Sunny days and rain
              I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

I had a very strange celebrity encounter in Cleveland at Johns Hopkins Airport. I was flying to Washington D.C. for National History Day with a bunch of kids frm high school. We were laid over because of bad weather and we decided to check out the airport and see if there was anything interesting to do. As I was walking, someone slammed into me really hard. I turned around and it was Kerri Strug. She didn't even apologize or anything (this was in 97 or 98, so people still knew who she was) I was kind of ticked off that she had been so rude, but I kept walking. Not five minutes later, I saw Jerry Springer a few feet away talking to some people (he is VERY tall) I couldn't believe it and I knew no one would believe me if I didn't take a picture, so I pulled out my camera and dropped it. It broke and I went without a camera the entire trip.
                We went back to our terminal and of course, no one believed us (why would we make up such a wierd combination?) But we noticed Kerry Strug sitting on the other side of the terminal and pointed her out to everyone (no one else had noticed her) She was pestered the entire time for autographs and was a biotch about it. My 8 year old sister (who was in the Kerry Strug fan club) wanted to meet her and I have never seen a more annoyed semi-celebrity in my life. She was so terrible I just wanted to say "hey, what's so great about you? we didn't even need your stupid vault!" Plus my shoulder still hurt from her running into me.

Slighlty more underwhelming- I met Charlton Heston at the Arizona State Capital Building and I saw Harrison Ford at a restaurant in Lake Okoboji Iowa.
                Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
                Help support the site you love:
                -Visit the MiceChat store
                Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
                MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

Comment

My daughter and I met Weird Al Yankovic at Disneyland. She really enjoys his music (as I did when I was her age) and she was so stoked to meet him. He was very nice, he shook our hands and chatted with us for a few minutes. That was one of the high points of February for my daughter.
                  Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Comment

Ray Romano- outside Pirates of the Caribbean. He was talking to the people who had gotten off the boat ahead of us- a wedding party- and my oldest son called out "Hey, everybody loves Raymond" and walked right up and shook his hand. He stopped and said hello to me. He was dining at the Blue Bayou, they came out to seat him, he gave us a little wave and went inside.

Davis was on cloud nine- and I was floored at how unafraid he was to just walk up to this guy!

Comment

After thinking a little bit harder, I remembered a few more celebrity encounters.
                      We saw the girl from "All that" (remember that show on Nickelodeon) on the train in front of us on BTMRR at DL a few years ago.

I also met John McCain a few times when he ran for president in 2000. I got my picture taken with him at a rally and it ended up in our loacal newspapers and on the news. Another picture I had taken with him ended up in Newsweek magazine and I had him autograph it the next time I saw him. Just to exercise my fortune-telling abilities, I think he is going to be the next Republican nominee for President.
                      Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
                      Help support the site you love:
                      -Visit the MiceChat store
                      Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
                      MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

Comment

Well... If anyone watches american idol, I met Constantine! He was in my favorite show called RENT.
                        I also met Donny Osmond... lol
                        Lets see... I saw Beverly Mitchell at a restaraunt.
                        I think thats all..

Comment

I have met a few celebs, they were mostly judges at different drama competions in HS.

I do have a funny celeb story... This guy called in to change his phone number due to his ex gf harassing him. He said the last rep he talked to knew who his ex was, and he thought I should know too. His name did seem familiar, but I didn't have a clue who he was. He was very nice and polite throughout the transaction. He also seemed totally amused I had no idea who he was. After I got off the phone I told my "tubbys" (deskmates-4 to a desk area) about the callm and 1 of them did a search on his name, I had been talking to Tom Sizemore and his psycho ex was Heidi Fliesse (sp?).

I also set up new service for Cindy Williams, her assistant was setting it up for her. I found it amusing that she will NOT give out her date of birth to anyone.

I have also talked to Keenan Ivory Wayens assitant (he needs make sure his bills are paid).

I know a lot of my coworkers have talked to famous people. I have talked to a lot of other celebs, but since I am not a celeb hound and don't read People (or any other magazine) I usually have no idea until later.

Comment

Steve Lawrence. That's the only real cool celebrity I've met. The rest are just B list actors/musicians, or celebrities that suck.

Comment

I've had a myriad of prolific occupations (*ahem*) so the list goes alittle something like this

Jon Bon Jovi, Debbie Harry, Ice-T and Body Count, Charlie Sheen, dated Tom Williams (Jon Secada's guitarist), Jimmy Page, Gilbert Gottfried, Def Leppard, Rob Zombie (and White Zombie), Korn, Pantera, Vanilla Ice, Jose Canseco, Andre from the 1st season of Real World, Dan Cortez, Dave Holmes from MTV, Robby Rist (of Kidd Video and Brady Bunch fame), Traci Lords, Ron Jeremy, Tanya Roberts, Margot Kidder, David Naughton, Virgil and the undertaker, David Carradine, Sid Haig, Bill Moseley, Malevolent Creation, Adam Ferrara, the Amazing Johnathon, Anne Rice, there's a lot of others but I'm blanking right now.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~
                              September '94 - WDW (MK, Epcot)
                              '95 - Disneyland
                              September '00 - (MK, SeaWorld, Wet n Wild) WDW Off site
                              Halloween '02 - (MK, Epcot, AK, MGM) WDW Off site
                              May '04 - (MGM) WDW - All Star Music

[countdown=&day=22&month=5&year=2005&hour=3&min=30& sec=55]
                              Countdown to Birthday with Da Mouse!
                              Doin' Disney - Dementia style! [/countdown]

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Poocha Chubugga Oom Chickee! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!" :lol:

Comment

About as close as I've ever gotten to actually "meeting" anyone famous is I went to school in Idaho with a cousin of the Osmonds.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
                                all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

I met Mr. Rodgers when I was five!

Comment

Ok, I was in Jr High living in Oakland. We were living on the Oak Knoll Naval Hospital grounds. We were hanging out in front of my friend's house when this dude dressed all 70's like with the 70's shades driving a van pulls up next door to my friend's place. The Driver was Willie Ames from Eight is Enough (Then later Charles in Charge, now Bibleman). We wound up playing football and I got to knock him on his as he tried to come upside my side of the field. It was so cool. I knocked Willie Ames on his !!
                                    The coolest celeb I met was at a Twisted Sister concert. I was drunk off my and my friend and I were walking to the refreshment stand. I bumped into this big tall dude wearing all black leather with a cross necklace and big black mustache. I litterally bumped into this guy. I looked up and tried to appologize and it dawned on me that this guy was Tony Iomi of Black Sabbath and next to him was fellow bandmate Geez Butler. Im like..."You are..... and you are......" They smiled and Tony let me take a hit of his funny cigarette. They shook my hand and I took off to catch up with my friend. I told him what just happened and we looked back and they weren't there anymore. My friend didn't believe me. He asked what the hell Tony Iommi and Geez Butler would be doing at a Twisted Sister concert. Well. Lita Ford did open for Twisted Sister and Tony Iommi was engaged to her at the time. My friend tripped out when Dee Snider of Twisted Sister was on stage and announced he wanted to dedicate the next song to two of his heroes that were there at the show that night. They then bust into a Black Sabbath cover. My friend looked at me in shock and kept calling me lucky. :devil:
                                    PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                    Working...
                                    X