This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Del Mar Fair (AKA S.D. County Fair)

The Del Mar Fair opens tomorrow, anyone going?! I absolutely adore this fair, been going multiple times per the time it's running. The cost this year is 11 dollars, but there are cheaper packages available at IKEA. For 44 dollars, you get four tickets, one parking pass, some coupons for rides, and drink coupons. It really is a deal.

Great concerts are coming this year, too, but I am a tad miffed that they make so many of them "paid acts". I remember the good ol' days of everything being free. I really want to see Heart, but I'm not paying to see them. I might pay to see Carrie Underwood, only if my niece absolutely begs me to go with her.

So, anyone going, or have been? Anyone actually try any of those deep fried concoctions? This year, the new thing is deep fried avacadoes!

Re: Del Mar Fair (AKA S.D. County Fair)

We got our tickets for tomorrow thru Ralphs, $1 for opening day, but we are just stopping in for the Coaster Marathon.

We might go the next weekend, stop by LEGOLAND for the new Pirates Shores and then the fair for most of the day.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

I'm thinking about going on Saturday, as well. I know it will be a zoo, but I really want to go for that first day.

We always park on the lot by the polo fields and take the bus in. Save money that way.

Comment

I grew up in San Diego and loved going to the Del Mar Fair. Vic and I still drive down every year. It's big enough to have lots to see and do, but small enough to be... well... doable.

and the stage shows used to always be free.
        "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
        -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

Comment

I keep telling myself I'm going to go, but I never get around to it. This year, I swear I'm going!
          "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

Comment

Are you FROM San Diego, xfkirsten?

Comment

Yup! Live just ten minutes from the fairgrounds, too, so I don't even have an excuse.
              "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

Comment

Holy schmolies! You've never been? You're horrible!

Well, I suggest you go, it's a lot of fun!!

Comment

I really need to this year! Put that graduation present money to good use. You know, on life's essentials, like rides and really fatty foods.

Comment

I find more knick knacks and the such that I want to buy in the exhibit halls. Go park by the polo grounds, and it'll be free plus there is a shuttle to the front.

Comment

Oooh, thanks for the hint!

Comment

I LOVE the Del Mar Fair.... but I don't think I'll get to go this year.... too much going on.

My fave are the garden expos and the exhibit halls! The garden expo is always so refreshing and beautiful. And the exhibit halls.... free samples!

Originally posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
                        Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Originally posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
                        Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

Comment

I absolutely love the Garlic Garni store they have in the exhibit hall. Great spices and rubs for food!

And yes, the flower exhibit is one of my favorites, plus it has a beer garden! BONUS!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X