Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Registrations

New user registrations are verified at least once per day. Thank you for your patience.
2 of 2 < >

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Drama, drama and even more drama

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drama, drama and even more drama

I have noticed an interesting trend here on Micechat. There are those of us who post nice threads, like "Golden Memories", some post funny threads like the infamous "shed" thread from a few weeks ago and then there are the "Drama" threads where some people notice something new or different at the park and their world is forever shattered, like the other thread currently posted about the New Orleans Square pirates theming.

Why do some people freak out when something gets changed? They changed the attic scene in Haunted Manion and there was more positive excitement rather than negative worrying about the impact such a change would have on future generations.
    sigpic

Re: Drama, drama and even more drama

People are afraid of what they don't know. Hence why prejudice exists.

Plus, people like to hear themselves talk and complain to gather sympathy for themselves to boost their own ego. Like when a little kid points at another little kid and calls them some nasty name. It has nothing to do with the kid being that way, but it makes kid #1 feel more important.

Comment

Originally posted by ExJungleSkipper95
      Why do some people freak out when something gets changed?
      You've hit on a phenomenon that isn't unique to MiceChat. It pervades all aspects of society. There are those people who advocate change and those who resist it. In politics you see it in the status quo and in culture you see it in backlash to rapid change.

We experience it here every time we make a change to the site; but that doesn't mean that we stop moving forward. You just need to be prepared to take a certain amount of heat and keep moving forward. I imagine that Disney takes a similar approach. A little negative reaction is ok, a lot makes you think, and an overwhelming amount sends you back to the drawing board.
      MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
      Save

Comment

Originally posted by Dustysage
        You've hit on a phenomenon that isn't unique to MiceChat. It pervades all aspects of society. There are those people who advocate change and those who resist it. In politics you see it in the status quo and in culture you see it in backlash to rapid change.

We experience it here every time we make a change to the site; but that doesn't mean that we stop moving forward. You just need to be prepared to take a certain amount of heat and keep moving forward. I imagine that Disney takes a similar approach. A little negative reaction is ok, a lot makes you think, and an overwhelming amount sends you back to the drawing board.
        Well said Dusty!

Comment

never mind...... it ain't worth the drama .....:lmao:
          Last edited by Hakuna Makarla; 06-12-2006, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Dusty is so smart...

Comment

Originally posted by pveticket
              Dusty is so smart...
              He's like a minniature Buddha, covered with hair.
              �In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.� -Michael Jackson

Comment

People are people
                :crazylegs

Comment

Originally posted by pveticket
                  Dusty is so smart...
                  Hey Hils, I haveseen your other user name, are you using 2? I am so confused now. I thought PVeticket was some one different. whats going on?

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Legs
                    People are people
                    so why should it be.....that you and I should get along so awfully

.....ok...I'm totally guessing at the words...

Comment

Originally posted by SCUBAbe
                      so why should it be.....that you and I should get along so awfully

.....ok...I'm totally guessing at the words...
                      lol. I was totally going to post that if you didn't! You got the words right BTW.

Comment

Save the drama for your mama.
                        Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Comment

Is your momma a lama I asked my friend dave
                          Come to the dark side,
                          we have cookies.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X