Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

View the shuttle and space station flying in formation - Wednesday July 5!

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• View the shuttle and space station flying in formation - Wednesday July 5!

Some of us around the country will be able to view the space shuttle trailing the space station as it plays catch up for its docking Thursday morning.

Here's a link:

http://spaceflight.nasa.gov/realdata...=United+States

Click on the state you are in and the city you are in (or one that's close) and it'll tell you what time the ISS and the shuttle will be visible from your location. It gives you the basic direction that visbility begins, how long it lasts, what direction of path it will travel etc etc.

I use this site ALL the time and this is a really cool opportunity to view two man made objects in space that are travelling close to each other that have human cargo. Just think, you'll see 2 lights, travelling at over 17,000 mph with a grand total of 9 people combined! Pretty cool stuff!

Re: View the shuttle and space station flying in formation - Wednesday July 5!

Very cool! Have to check this out. Thanks.

:off topic:
    This is really cool stuff. My dad does a lot with the Space station with Ham Radio operators and also started a club at Santa Rosa Junior College. Also there is a special antenna on the Space station that they are alowed to tune into and talk with them. Also he started clubs for a few high schools to gather some interest in NASA. Don't ask me for all the details, I will refer you to him.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

That's pretty cool, thanks for the link... I'm into stuff like that, before 9/11 some airports had little areas towards the end of their runways you could park (just off their property) and watch the GIANT passenger airline jets fly less then 100 feet above you. Got some cool pics, hehe
      -Wes

Comment

sup wesley
        A spartan on the outside, guitarist in the inside

OKLAHOMA
        ROCKS!!!!

Comment

Very cool info. If I remember I'll have to write down some of the times and go outside and look!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
          all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

I saw both! Even though it said on the site that I would only be able to see the ISS at 10:05pm (which I did) I KNEW that if I waited a few more minutes after it passed I'd see the shuttle too, and sure enough it was visible for a very short period, but I saw both :yea:

Since they will be docked starting tomorrow morning, you wont see both separate but the ISS might be brighter than normal since it has the mass of the shuttle attached to it. Gonna be sure to look tomorrow night since I get a 3 minute viewing.

Onut - making science FUN!

Comment

thanks ONUT that's cool...gonna look tomorrow, i missed to night...just barely

oh well I'll try tomorrow
              procrastibating

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X