X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remember: OK City bombing 10 years ago

Link

Another moment forever seared into our collective memory. I still hurt when I think of those people, especially the children. I can remember looking at the pictures of those poor little angels- and reading the stories, and just wanting to hug my kids and never let them go.

So, a moment to remember the lost-

That was the day that I realized that not all people out there are good, but then I realized that good people outnumber bad people, and are always there to help out if they are needed. Quite an interesting revalation for a nine year old, huh? Its always stuck with me, though.
    Anyone up for a Colorado Micechatters meet-up?
    http://micechat.com/forums/meets-eve...ml#post3486518

Colorado Micechatter Extrordinare!
    sigpic

Comment

I will never forget that day. My daughter was 8 months old and she was taking her first steps between me and my mother while we watched TV, horrified at the senseless killing of innocent children.
      Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Comment

I'll never forget it either. Kyler was just a baby and I remember holding him so tight and crying for all those babies/kids

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

I remember. It was on my birthday when I was in third grade. I remember we were doing current event newspaper reports that year and one of my classmates did it on the bombing. We then talked about it and such. I just remember the pages and pages of newspaper photos he had... it was crazy for us to see that as a kid. So much for one event. I guess that is how we measured importantance in the adult world back then?

Comment

<Bows head>
            "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

Comment

I can't believe it was ten years ago. It seems like it was just yesterday (in my mind). It was a horrible horrible event...all those children... <bows head>

Comment

I was a Junior in HS I remember watching it on tv in bed. So I'm guessing it was either during Spring Break or I had cut school one of the two. It was a sad day

Comment

I was actually on vacation with my family at DL when the bombing happened.
                  I remember lots of helicopters and planes flying over DL the next day, people were talking about how strange it was because DL is closed air space. I'm not 100% sure but I think DL had extra security the whole week before the bombings, because of a bombing on a japanese subway.
                  I find it hard
                  It's hard to find
                  Oh well, whatever, nevermind

Comment

I was 8... and i think i was at school....

It doesn't have that huge impact 9/11 does on me... i remember the exact time & place i was for that...

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X