This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disney, Geekiness, PDAs & You

As a geek, I am wondering how many of you out there can separate yourself from your PDA, even when visiting the parks. How many have taken your PDA on vacation to Disney parks with you? Do you even own a PDA?
    I own a PDA & *HAVE* taken it on vacation with me.
    26.67%
    I own a PDA & have *NOT* taken it on vacation with me.
    20.00%
    I don't own a PDA.
    53.33%

I have brought mine. But I AM a geek. Mine is really old though considering. It is simply an address book for me. Hand-me-down from my dad when he got a newer, better, not chipped on from 3M.

btw, welcome to MiceChat Tocpe!

Comment

I've been told that I'm not important enough to have a PDA yet so a cool cell phone is all I got.

Comment

Originally posted by Disguy
        I've been told that I'm not important enough to have a PDA yet so a cool cell phone is all I got.
        Aw, but you ARE important Disguy!

Comment

I keep quite a bit of information in my Palm Pilot regarding Disney and vacations. I use a Software program called Splash Shopper for my grocery lists, as well as packing lists for trips. It is the most frequently used software on my Palm Pilot.

I have not one but two lists going in Splash Shopper for the big July birthday bash. I am going to need at least one more list to keep everything straight for that weekend. Oh wait, make that two more lists.

I have my dormant Tequila Joe's Geek Quest list in an Excel file on my Palm Pilot.

I keep track of funny things said while at meets on my Palm Pilot. (Hi Minion2One!)

While planning my first trip to WDW last year, I started a list of must see attractions in a memo.

Yeah, I am a PDA Disney Geek and proud of it!
          Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
          I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

Comment

I'm old school I don't own a PDA though i probably should
            Katie :yea:
            Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
            :sc: FIGHT ON!!!!!!

Comment

No PDA for myself. Heck, most of the time I do not want a cell phone, even though I have one.

I will get a "PDA" when they are well integrated into a cellphone, usable, can be gotten without a camera (work issues), and do not require the kidnapping and ransoming of someone's kitty to pay for.

Comment

No PDA for me either...all I would do with it is play games! But, my bfriend has one and uses it nonstop...for meetings at work, and clients, and classes...he never leaves home with out it. So, at least i can play games on his then :P
                Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
                Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
                Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
                Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
                Marge: Pink.
                Homer: D'oh!
                Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

Comment

Originally posted by BigPigletFan
                  btw, welcome to MiceChat Tocpe!
                  Thanks! Been lurking a while, thought I should sign up and join in on the fun.

Comment

I have a pda but i dont' usually carry it around disneyland, its mostly used for contacts and calendar....i do have some photo galleries on it which include some of disneyland.......
                    flickr

[PhotoWalk] - 02/02 - This and That & FIREWORKS
                    [PhotoWalk] - 11/6 - DTD, DCA and DL - GRR & XMAS Decorations
                    [PhotoWalk] - 11/2 & 11/3 - DL - NOS, ToonTown and some here and there...
                    [PhotoWalk] - 10/7 - DCA and DL - More Night Photography
                    [PhotoWalk] - 9/16 - DCA - Details, Signs, and Lighting

Comment

I own one of the last Sony Clie Palm Pilots....... I use it and love it.. Have taken it on some trips before... (I need a new memory stick thought.)

I really want my dads phone his work gave him...

PDA, Camera, Videocamera Cell phone all in one..

Comment

I am addicted to the other type of PDA's!
                        �In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.� -Michael Jackson

Comment

I like that kind of PDA, too, TInk
                          Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
                          Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
                          Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
                          Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
                          Marge: Pink.
                          Homer: D'oh!
                          Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

Comment

Awwww Tink, me too! I wouldn't use everything that a PDA has- though our Photo iPod has almost as many functions as a PDA. Every freshman at USD gets one when they register, but I missed out cause I am a transfer student
                            Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
                            Help support the site you love:
                            -Visit the MiceChat store
                            Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
                            MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X