This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pet Peeves in General

Ok, so we've got a thread on peeves at Disneyland, but how about your overall pet peeves?

Mine are:
    • People who chew with their mouths open. Gross! Close that food trap - no one needs to see or hear it. Ick.
    • Bad table manners (besides the above) - especially sitting away from the table and just eating over the lap or floor, where half the food seems to end up. Or not using napkins to wipe your hands/face. Yuck.
    • People who don't shower for more than 24 hours. I understand if you spend a day at home and do nothing, and not shower 'til the next morning, but anything longer than that, ew!
    • Messy kitchen. I'm very anal retentive when it comes to keeping that area clean. My sink, stove, and counters better be shiny at all times, darn it! It's where food is prepared - the cats are even trained not to go up there.
    • Litter. Pick your crap up and throw it in the trashcan.
    • Tabletop clutter - I hate feeling "closed in" or cramped. I like a clean table and workspace.
    • Floor clutter - I hate tripping over stuff.
    • Disorganization - I hate not being able to find anything - I think everything needs to have a certain place/"home".
    • Parents who let their kids misbehave in restaurants. This includes running and/or playing under tables, sticking their mouths on the serving utensils (at buffets), and especially standing up in the booth.
    • Drivers who speed past just to wait at a red light.
    • Parents who let their kids play in stores - running up and down the aisles, crawling on the aisles, throwing toys, etc.
    [email protected]

Originally posted by Disneyphile
    [*]Parents who let their kids play in stores - running up and down the aisles, crawling on the aisles, throwing toys, etc.[/list]
    Did you know there was actually a lawsuit brought against a department store a few years ago by a woman who fell over a child who was running amok and got injured. The child was hers.
    "America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between." Oscar Wilde

Comment

Thanks for the thread Disneyphile I've been meaning to create one of these Ok here is mine:
      • People who slurp there cereal
      • people who slurp there soup
      • slurping in general drives me nuts
      • when someone says they DONT want fries but then when you start eating yours they are all over them.
      • nail biting (the sound) I bite my nails and I don't make a peep others make this weird sound and it drives me crazy.
      • unshowered people in food establishments (yuck)
      • grammar crazed people
      • dont eat my nachos!
      • drivers who don't use there blinker!
      • the sound of popcorn being chewed at the movies.

I know I will add more later

Comment

~people who don't wash their hads after they go to the bathroom (top of MY list)
        ~out of control kids (fun is okay...but they need manners)
        ~older people who think they're gods (I'm having an issue with a techer right now...)
        ~people with closed minds and open mouths

Comment

The phrase "Pet Peeve" IS one of them

and speaking of peeving pets:

I think one of my pet's pet peeve is when I loosey tie her ears on the top of her head

She's not too fond of Dog shoes either.
          Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
          An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
          Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
          Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

People who slurp their drinks when there is obviously NOTHING LEFT IN THE CUP
            People who do not replace the toilet paper roll

a bunch of other things, but I can't remember them all right now....me's tired
            Katie :yea:
            Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
            :sc: FIGHT ON!!!!!!

Comment

Peeves

-Those who don't give room to cyclists and don't share the road.(See CA-VEHICLE-CODE)
              Litter!!
              -Those who let there animals GO on your Lawn and do not pick up after them,
              -Those that think there car does not come equipped with turn signals?(not an option I guess)?
              -Graffitti or Tagging on buildings you don't own, AND especially DISNEYLAND!!
              -Low rise pants and Baggy pants with Boxers showing (top of tackiness!!!) or worse which I will not describe.YECK!!
              1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

Originally posted by Disneyphile
                [*]Parents who let their kids play in stores - running up and down the aisles, crawling on the aisles, throwing toys, etc.[/list]

I work in a vidoe rental store. You have NO IDEA how much I hate this.

Dang kids run around massing up all the movies. and of course the parents don't say anything.

Had a lady the other day letting her kids run all around for about 45 mins. then teh kids started going to the back and running in and out of the tanning rooms and knocking on the rooms with people in them. I finaly said to the lady "Miss, can you please get your children out of the tanning area and ask them to not mess up our movies?" She gave me this dirty look and then went and got her kids. and said to them "Come on guys, you cant have any freedom in here." I so baddy wanted to say "This is not a playground, its a store." but I kept my mouth shut.

I hate drivers that drive so slow then when a passing zone comes up they speed up.

I HATE PEOPLE ON CELL PHONES!!!!!! Get off the phone long enought to make a transaction, drive your car, eat, lay in a tanning bed, ect. I have seen people that have been talking on a cell phone doilg all of the above. You won't die if you hang up.

They come up and they are talkign away on the phone while they give me their movies, and money. I could porbly short change them and they would never know. then they never listen when I tell them when the movies are due back (everything in the store is 5 days so its not that hard) and so they call 3-4 days latre and ask "can you tell me when my movies are due back?" *me thinking* "If you would have listened when I told you the first time you would know."

*end rant*

Comment

Originally posted by desertdweller
                  Did you know there was actually a lawsuit brought against a department store a few years ago by a woman who fell over a child who was running amok and got injured. The child was hers.

Details are that the woman was in a Furnature(sp) store and while looking around triped over a child running around the store, and as you said. it was her own child.

Welcome to America.

Comment

OK, I'll try to keep this short!

My #1 pet peeve is rudeness. Why is it so hard for people to remember basic manners, like please & thank you? Drives me nuts!
                    Close second is lateness. I guess this falls under manners, but still. Nobody thinks it's important to show up on time anymore!
                    Last but surely not least is spelling and punctuation errors. I don't know why, but they literally LEAP off a page at me.
                    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Comment

People who call the wrong number and then expects you to know the number of the person they were intending to call.

Young girls who wear their pants so low so that you can see their thongs (ewwww).

Double dipping (yuck).

Cars who have boom boxes that shakes and rattles your home as they drive by.

I think those are my main ones for now
                      I never look back, darling. It distracts from the now. Edna Mode

Comment

I've got one simple catch-all. People oblivious to how their own actions affect others around them.

Comment

Originally posted by sunnygirl
                          OK, I'll try to keep this short!

My #1 pet peeve is rudeness. Why is it so hard for people to remember basic manners, like please & thank you? Drives me nuts!
                          Close second is lateness. I guess this falls under manners, but still. Nobody thinks it's important to show up on time anymore!
                          Last but surely not least is spelling and punctuation errors. I don't know why, but they literally LEAP off a page at me.

Comment

Hmmmmm....
                            -SCHOOL is a big one
                            -People who think they know everything and need to share it with anyone around them (but the good part about that one is when theyre wrong about something you know and you get to laugh at them while they get all bum-woozled)
                            -people who pretend they care about something I have a passion for, but their expression says "shut up"

so maybe Im annoying with this whole Disney obsesson....
                            Anyone up for a Colorado Micechatters meet-up?
                            http://micechat.com/forums/meets-eve...ml#post3486518

Colorado Micechatter Extrordinare!
                            sigpic

Comment

Rude People
                              Stupid People
                              Mean People
                              Hate mongers masquerading as the enlightened
                              People who leave the seat cover on the toilet after they leave the stall
                              People don't wash their hands after going to the bathroom
                              Nosy People
                              Mouth Breathing
                              Noisy Eaters
                              Inconsiderate co-workers
                              Dust
                              and childless people who seem to think they can tell me how to do it "right"

Comment

Originally posted by Nephythys
                                I think thats me somedays. Damn. All I wanna do is make me laugh, bring some love and joy to the world!
                                Last edited by ah schucks; 04-20-2005, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ah schucks
                                  I think thats me somedays. Damn. All I wanna do is make me laugh, bring some love and joy to the world!
                                  No, it is not you. The fact that you would even claim that it is, means you are not. The people I am talking about will never admit to being the hate mongers, they are too busy trying to find others to blame for what they themselves are guilty of.

Comment

Originally posted by Bacon
                                    I've got one simple catch-all. People oblivious to how their own actions affect others around them.
                                    May I add to that people who are not oblivious, but just think that they are better than everyone else or otherwise do not care .......

also:

people not using turn signals
                                    men not lifting the toilet seat before they urinate all over it
                                    people who drive slower than the norm in the fastlane ("I'm going 65, that's fast enough!")
                                    people cutting in line
                                    smokers throwing their butts on the ground
                                    spitting on the ground
                                    leafblowers (especially gas-powered)
                                    trucks on the freeway that are so heavily loaded that they can only go 45 MPH or less up a mild grade, causing all sorts of traffic problems
                                    parents that are inadequately involved in their children's lives
                                    taking things out of context, relying on anecdotal evidence, or using sophistry to win an argument
                                    over-stuffing paper towel or napkin dispensers so that you either have to take out more than you need or they rip in the process
                                    getting my order screwed up at the drive-thru window (#1 reason why I think they should not raise the minimum wage)

more later as they come to mind .......
                                    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
                                    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

Comment

I only get out once a week. I don't get a chance to get peeved. Funny how so many have these little peeves when they themselves are also on someones peeve list.
                                      >>Alan<<
                                      Member 216

Comment

No, it is not you. The fact that you would even claim that it is, means you are not. The people I am talking about will never admit to being the hate mongers, they are too busy trying to find others to blame for what they themselves are guilty of.

ROLMAO.... You are incredible...
                                        >>Alan<<
                                        Member 216

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X