Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok who's old enough to remember this place...

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok who's old enough to remember this place...

Showbiz Pizza!

I remember in the early 80's always begging my dad to take us there for dinner. It was friggin' expensive back then but he relented every now and then. They had that animatronic band, The Rockafire Explosion, that did shows while you ate... and then there were the video games. I remember playing skeeball like it was going out of style.

Well, I got bored last night and found some videos on You Tube and Google Video. Man those characters were SCARY looking! I thought this was entertaining back in the day? It's like a bad acid trip now. Hilarious!

The funniest video I found was from a Showbiz Pizza in Saudi Arabia!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...1851&q=showbiz

Re: Ok who's old enough to remember this place...

How long was it around for, because I think i've been there before. But I would only be three or so years old then. haha But it looks so awesome, I love tacky animatronic shows.

Comment

Showbiz was around from 1980 until the early 90's sometime. They merged with Chuck E Cheese's, which has been around since 1977 (it used to be called Chuck E Cheese's Pizza Time Theatre). There's still an animatronic show featuring the 5 main Chuck E Cheese characters that sustained the "test of time" (there used to be around a dozen or more).

Comment

I had so many birthday parties there!!!
        sigpic
        Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Comment

LOL! I had my 10th or 11th birthday party there. I think my mom still has the pics too!

Comment

I remember that place. Mostly I remember a robotic gorilla in the band.

I was scared silly of that gorilla.
            St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

Comment

Actually, we found this place when I was in Orlando in '82! Walked down from the hotel where we staying, a Sheraton I think, on I-Drive. There was also one behind my middle school so we'd go to play video games all the time when walking home from school using babysitting money.

Peace,
              Roo
              husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

Comment

all i know is chuck E cheese's "where a kid can be a kid" i havn't been there in years but those things scared the bejessus outta me

Comment

Chuck E. Cheese I remember, Showbiz Pizza have never heard of....and I'm old enough, maybe not in this area.
                  Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
                  it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

I do. Notice how similar the band is... that's because the Chuck E. Cheese show is the basic animatronic band setup. You can buy that band for your own useage -- I saw a website on this a while back. Just dress it up to fit your needs.

It's nothing compared to Pizza Pizzazz, though. That place was the best one EVER. Several rooms, each with a specialty show. I mostly remember the Elvis room, which had an Elvis Hound Dog animatronic.

Chuck E. Cheese has horrid pizza. Nolan is a video game guy -- founder of Atari. That's why the pizzas are so bad. But, at least, if it weren't for Chuck E. Cheese, we might not have had the video games we had today. He helped make games more acceptable to everybody because of that restraunt.

Which was inspired by Country Bear Jamboree, by the way. Which is why there's similarities between the setup of the show.
                    -Tim

Comment

The best is still Organ Stop Pizza in Mesa, Arizona - if you've ever been there, you know what I mean!
                      sigpic
                      Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Comment

We used to have a Showbiz Pizza Place in Bremerton Washington. I remember the bear adn wasn't there a large bird in a oil barrel? I remember playing games like KRull, Space Ace, Dragon Lair and of course Ski-ball there. I remember they had a blacklight area with more games in it, like Time Pilot. Chuck E Cheese used to be all over around here. I think the only one left is in Tacoma. Showbiz closed in Bremerton in the mid eighties I think. For awhile the building was used for a psychiatric clinic afterwards.

Comment

Holy mackeral! Check this out.

http://rock_afire.tripod.com/file/intro.html

wikipedia has an entry as well. Apparently SHowbiz bought out Chuck E cheese in1984. Interesting.
                          Last edited by Melonballer; 07-20-2006, 11:17 PM.

Comment

DUDE!!! I was trippen hard off that video! wow what a headache our poor parents.

I used to go there and a place here called Capn Andy's Pizza does anyone remember that place? I think it was in Santa Fe Springs, I think.
                            Come to the dark side,
                            we have cookies.

Comment

we used to have one in Minnesota, though it closed when I was younger and the band was moved to Circus Pizza which had it's own band, Circus Pizza expanded or actually remodeled to include a second show. it had an indoor mini-golf course, pool tables and tons of games, but they got rid of the golf and pool tables after a while.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X