• Show
Clear All

• Homeless man receives $4,000 for honesty~~Associated Press~~July 25, 2006

From: http://news.bostonherald.com/nationa...ticleid=149872

Homeless man receives $4,000 for honesty
    By Associated Press
    Tuesday, July 25, 2006 - Updated: 04:33 PM EST

D

Re: Homeless man receives $4,000 for honesty~~Associated Press~~July 25, 2006

I always say honesty is the best policy I guess I'm not the only one who thinks so too. :thumbup:

Comment

Originally posted by Disney Wrassler

So far, Moore has received over $4,000.
      One man sent him eight trash bags full of returnable bottles and a bowl of coins. Three others gave a combined $2,500, and two businessmen from Troy donated $1,200, a shopping spree and a lead on a job.

That was really nice of them..
      Originally posted by aashee (Farter Extraordinair)
      Wow. If regular MiceChatters saw this thread they might think we are normal. Thanks Dan & Gina!

Comment

Talk about being in the right place at the right time.

Comment

What a great story! Thanks for sharing it DW!

Originally posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
          Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Originally posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
          Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

Comment

I have always believed you give what you get. I never keep extra change given to me, nor do I take what is not mine. I believe in honesty, and thank god so did this man. this story brought tears to my eyes, and made my day!!

Comment

It's nice to see that there is some good left in the world....
              What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

Comment

What kind of cheap S.O.B. is the owner of the bonds, to only give the guy $100? What an insult. Geesh.

It's great the community pulled together to help this person out.

Never forget how much good there is in this world. Any person here would have turned in those bonds too, so don't sell the world short. There are plenty of pricks, but lots of good people too.

Comment

Originally posted by Max Fischer
                  What kind of cheap S.O.B. is the owner of the bonds, to only give the guy $100? What an insult. Geesh.
                  Exactly. He should have invested it wisely for him. :P (Actually not a bad idea when I think about it).

Then again, what can be said about a guy that loses $21,000 worth of saving bonds he found in a trash bin!!!
                  “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.” - Bill Hicks

Comment

It's great the community pulled together to help this person out.

Never forget how much good there is in this world. Any person here would have turned in those bonds too, so don't sell the world short. There are plenty of pricks, but lots of good people too.
                    you know I was thinking this my self. I bet people are really letting the guy know what and SOB he is for being a cheap arse. Can you believe it, you get all your money back, ( and that was such a long shot that it ever be found! ) and you give the poor guy 100 dollars. What a real winner he is. what goes around comes around, ~~

Comment

It's nice that he got something than just $100, and that he is using it to put his life back together.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X