• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• want to see my town??

It was on sixty minutes this week!! *EEEEKKK*

http://ninemsn.video.msn.com/v/en-au...minutes&t=m163

Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    Tassie, I found a quote for ya :lol:!

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

Charles M. Schulz
    Originally Posted by MWalton
    :lol: Did the pages take that long to reach around to your part of the world?!? :lol:

Re: want to see my town??

Wow! That is some controversy going on there! I have never heard about that for drinking water before! My parents are in Adelaide and I know their new house/ development uses water like that for watering. Maybe we are all heading that way. Kinda scary to think!

Thanks for sharing! I have never been to Toowoomba, a number of other places in Queensland though... and seeing Ray Martin just makes me even more homesick!

You do have a very nice town.. that beautiful kind of Aussie town I miss!

Comment

Originally posted by tassie
      It was on sixty minutes this week!! *EEEEKKK*

http://ninemsn.video.msn.com/v/en-au...minutes&t=m163
      Can you cut and paste, I do not want to have to go down load all kinds of stuff to view it. ( they want me to down load macromedia, and explorer 6 and oye I am not in the mood

Comment

No.

Comment

Originally posted by Tigletbear
          Wow! That is some controversy going on there! I have never heard about that for drinking water before! My parents are in Adelaide and I know their new house/ development uses water like that for watering. Maybe we are all heading that way. Kinda scary to think!

Thanks for sharing! I have never been to Toowoomba, a number of other places in Queensland though... and seeing Ray Martin just makes me even more homesick!

You do have a very nice town.. that beautiful kind of Aussie town I miss!
          I didn't even know Ray was back on sixty minutes?? LOL LOL And Steve Leibman is now doing the news on Ten. I thought he retired because of his health

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

Charles M. Schulz
          :lol: Did the pages take that long to reach around to your part of the world?!? :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by hakuna makarla
            Can you cut and paste, I do not want to have to go down load all kinds of stuff to view it. ( they want me to down load macromedia, and explorer 6 and oye I am not in the mood
            The Transcript is here
            http://sixtyminutes.ninemsn.com.au/s...story_1716.asp

This is a little of what it's about

There's no polite way to say this, so we'll be blunt about it.
            How would you go drinking your own waste, drinking re-cycled sewage?
            Don't laugh, it's a prospect we could all be facing in the very near future. For the people of Toowoomba out on the Darling Downs, that fateful day's already here.
            Like much of this country, Queensland's garden city is dying of thirst. And the mayor says the only solution is to turn the town's toilet water into tap water. Radical, sure, but you'd think the locals would all go along with it. No way.
            spac_writeAd('/site=sixtyminutes/area=archives/loc=top/aamsz=medium/UPSAGERNG=/UPSGENDER=/UPSOCC=/UPSREGION=/UPSCOUNTRY=')There's a referendum next Saturday and it's torn the town apart.

FYI
            Di Thorley - Toowoomba Mayor
            Peter Beattie - Premier of the state of Queensland (He is to Queensland as to Arnold is to California)
            Clive Berghofer - land developer
            Ray Martin - reporter

Charles M. Schulz

Comment

Ewwwwwww!
              ~~~:ap:~~~

Comment

oh man, I would move move move!! ( thank god I am buying bottled water like mad right now, heck I am thirsty just reading that and wanting to puke.

Comment

Originally posted by hakuna makarla
                  oh man, I would move move move!! ( thank god I am buying bottled water like mad right now, heck I am thirsty just reading that and wanting to puke.
                  When we come back from the USA we are thinking we might MOVE!

Charles M. Schulz

Comment

I watched the segment, interesting. I think it is sad that all those people are being forced out of their farms for the sake of a dam.

Your country is surrounded by water. How much does it cost to build a desalinization plant?

It wasn't me, it was Lisa! :angel:

Comment

Originally posted by Earkid
                      I watched the segment, interesting. I think it is sad that all those people are being forced out of their farms for the sake of a dam.

Your country is surrounded by water. How much does it cost to build a desalinization plant?
                      Actually, they are building one, but there is the biggest tourist area in Australia, as well as the state capital down there. We are about two hours from the coast, and high up (as in altitude). I think they are looking to use it for the Gold Coast and for Brisbane, not us, even though they get heaps more rain than we do

Charles M. Schulz

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X