• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dramaqueen
    is FIERCE!
    • Jan 2005

What are you named after?

Inspired by TinkPink's "Name my Baby" thread. What was the inspiration behind your name, in other words, "What the heck were your parent's thinking?!?!?!?!"

I'll start- my first name is Kristen and I was named after the character who shot JR on Dallas.

I also want to hear about your children and or pets, what is the inspiration there?

My dogs are named Lincoln and Saywer. Lincoln was named for the city the Nebraska Cornhuskers play in and Sawyer was named after that hottie on Lost.

Ok, your turn!
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Hakuna Makarla
    Banned User
    • Aug 2005

Re: What are you named after?

my dad named me, but my moms husband was so mad about it ! true story

Comment

• Morrigoon
      insufferable know-it-all
      • Jan 2005

My middle name is Lee after my Aunt

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Comment

• BFJen
        For You!
        • Feb 2006

named after my great grandma Genevieve - they called her Jenny
        sigpic
        Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Comment

• hauntedhoilday
          The Twilight Zone
          • Apr 2006

they just liked orrin

Comment

• Olympicnut
            Incognito
            • Jan 2005

My parents named me after that thing you wipe your feet on before walking into the house.

First dog - Pokey. Named after Gumbys "special friend".

Second dog - Taffy. She was white, I liked white taffy at the time.

Third dog - Jessie. Was gonna be named Jezebel after the character in "Cats" and shortened to Jezzie, which just evolved into Jessie.

Cat - Meow. I was 4 when I named her, gimme a break!

Comment

• Hyperbole
              I'm your huckleberry.
              • May 2005

I am named after fossilized pine tree sap. Why? I have no idea.

My middle name (Leanne) is in homage to my late paternal grandmother (Leah), and is similar to my Hebrew name (Le'ah).

My daughter is named after the little girl who was in the famous Oklahoma City bombing picture. The one being carried by the firefighter. Her name was Baylee. My daughter is Bailey. Voila!

Originally posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
              Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Comment

• TinkPink
                I used to live here.
                • Feb 2005

My mom wanted to name me Anastasia really bad, but my dad hated it! So, Stacy was a compromise since it is short for Anastasia. My middle name is Erin, I have no idea where that came from.

My son is Ethan- I already explained that we were watching Survivor and that was the season with Ethan Zahn. We just like the name.

My dog's name is Brady, but he was already named when we got him, so no story there!
                �In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.� -Michael Jackson

Comment

• TinkPink
                  I used to live here.
                  • Feb 2005

Awesome idea DQ- I'll get more ideas here!
                  �In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.� -Michael Jackson

Comment

• OogieBoogie
                    Supervillan Extrodinaire
                    MiceChat News Team
                    • Sep 2005

My first name is from my dad. I never go by it. (it's Ronald btw), my middle name is Scott. My mom gave me that name because she liked the sound of it (personally I believe that she just liked Scotty on Star Trek).

The 3 dogs that I used to have (which are at my brothers house) are Tika, General, and Chewy. They are all boxers except for Tika, who is a terrier mix. Tika got her name from my nephew. We were going to call her tinker, but all he could say is 'Tika', so we named her that. General is from Boxer rescue and came with the name. Chewy is from the pound and is about a year old (we got him when he was about 3 months old). You can guess how he got his name. lol.
                    Growing older is manditory
                    Growing up is however, optional

Comment

• stinkerbell
                      Man O Lantern
                      • Jan 2005

dramaqueen--- JR was SHOT??? No way!

Are you seriously that young? :lmao:

My parents chose my name, Claire, because they thought it was the #1 name in 1972-3. Growing up, I questioned them, because I never came across another Claire my age. It drove me nuts.

Then I got some almanac, and it turns out that in 1972 and 73 in ENGLAND, the number one name was Claire. In England. In the US it was Jennifer or Sarah.

Also, my sister's name is Sarah. Shocker. I was so jealous when I was little, because there were so many Sarah's and never a Claire.

Then I lived with THREE Jennifers in college....and listened to their side of it. Now I thank goodness that my parents are kinda dumb. :lmao: I like my name.

Comment

• thejoshualee
                        Not sure about anything
                        • Jun 2005

My name is Joshua and it was baised of the old testament prophet Joshua. (Specificly the scripture Joshua Chapter 24 Verse 15.

My cat's name is Shadow... Inspired by a suggestion by Crazylegs actually.
                        I had a black lab named Shaka Zulu. Named after the Zulu Warrior

I had two dogs before named Poncho and Lefty named after the Willy Nelson song.

I also had two dogs named Jake and Elwood from the Blues Brothers.
                        St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

Comment

• Hayley B
                          Delawarean Girl
                          • Jun 2006

Bad weather. No kid! It was hailing on the day of my birth and my father thought of the name Hayley from the hail. The only way they knew how to spelled it was from the actress Hayley Mills.

So, kind of the Hail & Hayley Mills is where I got my name from.
                          Last edited by Hayley B; 08-22-2006, 04:54 PM.
                          Hayley B. - MiceChat's very own Delawarean. :bow:

Join MiceChat Gold.

Comment

• stinkerbell
                            Man O Lantern
                            • Jan 2005

We named my daughter Courtney after a friend of mine growing up in the South. In the south, Courtney was a popular name for girls my age. When I moved to Oregon, I never met another Courtney and I still loved the name, so I thought I was being original naming her. But NO, there are a TON of Courtneys her age here.

Her middle name is Dawn after my best friend from high school.

There is a Claire out there quasi-named after me! The daughter of my ex-boyfriend's friend. This little girl plays softball against my daughter and I found out at a game, in conversation with the guy's wife that I'd never met. Awkward much?

We named Cassidy after...Shaun, Patrick and David Cassidy. After Courtney, it was my favorite name. :lmao: I'm an idiot. Her middle name came to us in the middle of watching Titanic. Rose. We're both idiots. :lol: Poor kid!! Named after a trio of 70's icons and a 90's fictional character in a sappy movie.

We named our cat Lassie because our daughter met a girl named Lacie at the park when she was 3 and after that, every got named Lacie, every doll or animal we came across became Lacie. Then one day, she switched it to Lassie. When we got our kitten, she got to name it......so we have a cat named Lassie. Oh, the irony.

Chloe....is just Chloe. Wanted something to match her sister's names. Her middle name is Noelle, because she was born in Dec.

Comment

• SCUBAbe
                              no flash photography...
                              • Jan 2005

my mother just liked the name...I wonder if she knew it meant wild or unmastered..LOL

Comment

• ladyalmalthea
                                decorating
                                • Apr 2006

My name - middle name after my grandmother's middle name.
                                first cat - Sandy. cause she had a peach spot on top that looked like someone poured sand on her head (hey, I was 6)
                                dog, Bandit- cause he markings like a raccoon on his face
                                Cat- Fuzzy - cause he is. He' doesn't have a smooth coat.
                                Beau- cause he was a pound puppy named Bo, but we wanted to change it up some.

Comment

• dsnylndmom
                                  loves a silver lining
                                  • Jan 2005

My name is Tina Louise :botox:
                                  My mom swears I wasn't named after the actress, from Gilligan's Island fame, I think she lies

My oldest is Kyler, my oldest friend and I were pg at the same time. We both wanted Tyler, she gave birth first so she won I took the first letter of my husbands name and changed it to Kyler volia! It works it's very him. His middle name, Alexander is the male version of my great grandmother's name. My grandma was from Russia and lost all her family in WW2, so I wanted a name from her family, her parents were Nikoli and Alexsandra. I didn't want to use Nicholas though because my cousin is Kyle Nicholas. Kyle Nicholas and Kyler Nicholas was too much.

My youngest we couldn't decide on a name, like TinkPink we agreed on NOTHING. Oh and TP we had a girls name picked(my grandma's name, but a boys name nothing!) So we took 2 names I liked, 2 names he liked for the first name and showed them to Kyler and he picked one and we did the same for the middle name. It ended up with Shawn Dylan. We liked it, the way it flowed so it won (Kyler liked it because Dylan was like baby Dil on rugrats :lol: )

Our cats
                                  Cosmo-Kyler named him from Fairly oddparents
                                  Sonic-Shawn named her after Sonic the hedgehog(we miss her )
                                  SJ-Shawn named her Sonicjrpart2 all in one breath, we rescued her and she looked just like Sonic

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

• Morrigoon
                                    insufferable know-it-all
                                    • Jan 2005

My dog is named Barnum after PT Barnum (or, more specifically, after the play Barnum, which starred Michael Crawford in London)

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Comment

• dsnylndmom
                                      loves a silver lining
                                      • Jan 2005

Originally posted by stinkerbell
                                      We named Cassidy after...Shaun, Patrick and David Cassidy.
                                      So between us we have Shawn Cassidy :geek:

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

• OogieBoogie
                                        Supervillan Extrodinaire
                                        MiceChat News Team
                                        • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Morrigoon
                                        My dog is named Barnum after PT Barnum (or, more specifically, after the play Barnum, which starred Michael Crawford in London)
                                        Michael Crawford played Barnum in London?!?!?! wow!!! That must have been something to see. I saw it years ago when Jim Dale (Hot Lead and Cold Feet, and Petes Dragon) played in it. He was quite good and could actually sing.
                                        Growing older is manditory
                                        Growing up is however, optional

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X