• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A fun little story.....

http://www.digiserve.com/eescape/clo...Taco-Bell.html

ENJOY!
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Oh yeah, I remember those $2 bills very well!

Just shows how alienated the younger generation is with the past!
    Micechat member # 98

TARDIS
    "Time And Relative Dimension In Space."

Comment

Actually, I went to Military School in the late 70's, and we got $5 a week as an "allowance", it was always 2 $2 bills, and a $1 bill.... so I have had a long history with the bill. I also worked in the canteen, and took in plenty of the $2 bills. When we went on the road for sporting events, etc. seemed like we always got the "huh" look when we tried to pay with them....

Spent a month in Canada last year, and their smallest bill is now a $5, but they have loonies and twoonies, $1 and $2 coins.... That was a bit strange to give someone $10, and get back all coin for just a small purchase....

Comment

Yes its different in Canada, course I had to drive through it to get where I live now in Alaska, they have different priorities for the people.

Our monetary system is a bit funny in retrospect, in the future I suppose we will just use barter or "credit" chips.
        Micechat member # 98

TARDIS
        "Time And Relative Dimension In Space."

Comment

When my dad was working at his company, they got $2 as a reward for ...umm... not quite sure!
          It was always a brand new, crisp $2 bill. I think we have a stack we could sell to the guy in the story!
          She walks in beauty, like the night
          Of cloudless climes and starry skies;
          And all that's best of dark and bright
          Meet in her aspect and her eyes.....

--Lord Byron

Comment

Can you believe that the manager and the employee are both functioning members of society?!?!?! I just can't believe that someone could be that clueless....
            Vote for Pedro

Comment

I've got some!

I've got 2 $2 in my wallet right now. Been in there forever and I just can't part with them for some reason. Funny story though. Sort of makes me want to go and spend them.

Comment

ORDDU: Hello, Darkbeer, duckling!! I just wanted you to know you're being watched over no matter which web-footed site you happen to be visiting these days!

ORGOCH: Stalkin' him's whatcha REALLY ought ta say, witch!! An' if'n I was yerself, Darkbeer, ducklin', I'd be very afraid right 'bout now. Got any good hidin' places? I'll try ta git her attention away from ya fer as long as I can--'til ya finds a good place where the old hag won't find ya!! Hurry, now!!

Comment

That's weird that the manager of a store didn't even know there was such a thing as a $2 bill!! Haha... like someone would go through that much trouble just to "steal" a one dollar burrito.

Comment

I think i will be going to the band and ask for a bunch of $2 bills... (I have a 1976 2 dolalr bill.... and a 1992 2 dollar bill..... Don't they make those any more... or stop and hope to phase them out....)

Comment

Originally posted by BradysGirl
                      Can you believe that the manager and the employee are both functioning members of society?!?!?! I just can't believe that someone could be that clueless....
                      Of course they're not functioning members of society. They work at Taco Bell.

Comment

You May Be a Microsoft Employee If...

nother funny story...

You May Be a Microsoft Employee If...

Comment

Originally posted by Witches of Morva
                          ORDDU: Hello, Darkbeer, duckling!! I just wanted you to know you're being watched over no matter which web-footed site you happen to be visiting these days!

ORGOCH: Stalkin' him's whatcha REALLY ought ta say, witch!! An' if'n I was yerself, Darkbeer, ducklin', I'd be very afraid right 'bout now. Got any good hidin' places? I'll try ta git her attention away from ya fer as long as I can--'til ya finds a good place where the old hag won't find ya!! Hurry, now!!

I have tell you a story, yesterday I stopped by the Cove Bar, and these two lovely ladies came up to me and introduced themselves, and asked who I was. I admitted to being "me", and it made their day. (Too made they were married, otherwise it would have made my day . They also happen to be big fans of Al! Had a wonderful chat, and they were kind enough to pick up my beer tab :love: (Thanks again ladies!) Kinda weird to have "groupies"

Comment

I'm pretty sure they still print them, Figment.

Comment

A few years ago, my dad would always give me lunch money for school. Since a lunch would usually cost about two dollars, he would go into the bank every so often and trade some larger bills in for a bunch of $2 bills.
                              Believe me, I was the only kid at school who not only used $2 bills to buy lunch, but used them every single day.
                              Considering how that was only a few years ago, though, I can only assume that they're still making fresh $2 bills.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X