X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• desertdweller
    replied
    Re: The Queen

Aaawwww...ON. I can just envision you seated in front of your monitor d in an ermine lined cape and wearing your daytime tiara.

Leave a comment:

• Olympicnut
    replied

And here I thought this was gonna be a thread about me.

WHATEVER!!!

Leave a comment:

• desertdweller
    replied

I just found this review of the film in The Sydney Morning Herald.

Mirren said it was intimidating playing the Queen and hoped the film was seen as "a humanistic look at a very difficult time for a strange family".

http://www.smh.com.au/news/film/brit...222001338.html

Leave a comment:

• desertdweller
    replied

Damn, I couldn't watch the trailer since I don't have QuickTime but have been reading about this film for several weeks. Helen Mirren is one of my favorite actresses for many years.

I've seen her on stage in a wonderful Ayckbourne play and fell under her spell for the first time on film in Excalibur, then The Cook, The Thief, The Wife and Her Lover, Mosquito Coast, The Long Good Friday, Comfort of Strangers, Painted Lady, Gosford Park, and, of course all six of the superb series Prime Suspect for which she won several Emmys. And she just picked up another last week for her role as Elizabeth I. Think I read that she is the only actress to have played both Elizabeths on film.

Think it will be a while before we get Elizabeth II on this side of the pond but let us know what you think of it, Speedway!

Leave a comment:

• Speedway
    started a topic The Queen

The Queen

Anyone planning or feel an urge to see this film, coming out in a few weeks? It has a good cast, and I feel it would be an interesting watch, but it's not a major deal. Just wanted to see what you Americans thought of it.

The trailer is here.

Helen Mirren plays Elizabeth II, who from the trailer has a slight Scottish accent which kinda bugged me, but shes a fantastic actress so I really would like to see her in it. For trivia buffs, she played Elizabeth I a couple months ago as well.

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X