This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMG! You won't believe this!

We woke up at 5:30 this morning to head to the city to see the Wiggles. They were going to be performing at the news show at 7:50 and 8:50. We rode the train in and got there around 7:20ish. My sister and I made signs for the kids on pink and blue poster boards that said, "Twins all the way from the USA to see the Wiggles". We lined up and they were pulled out of the line to be used in the promo for the segment. My BIL saw them and so did a friend of my sister's. We were then carted into the building and put upstairs in office space and could look down through the lights to see the studio. The view wasn't the best but we could see. We held the signs over the wall part and when the Wiggles came out, Murray and Jeff both saw them and waved at the kids. Dorothy, Wags, and the octopus (can't think of his name, Henry I think) were there with a bunch of back up dancers. I then saw Captain Feathersword but he was kind of behind some of the lights so I moved down to get some better pictures of him for a friend of mine who thinks he is hot. They did a couple of songs, did the wake up Jeff stuff and then it was over. We weren't really being directed out of there so my sister moved over to take pictures of the hosts of the show.

We then headed downstairs and at the bottom of the stairs was Anthony!!! The guards were pretty much forcing people to keep going down to the exit but I ignored them and pulled out the signs and pushed the kids over to him. My sister had the digital camera but she couldn't pass it off before going out. My husband ignored them and had the video camera on the kids when they met Anthony! He was so friggin' awesome!! He bent down to the kids' level and read their signs, asked their names and spent a ton of time asking questions and talking to us. He asked if we had a camera for a picture and I said just the video so he said he'd do a video message for the kids. He did the Wiggles finger thing and said some stuff about the kids. He was so incredibly nice! The kids were star struck and wouldn't talk but the BoyTwin did do his Twisty Bum Dance for him. Never once did I feel rushed by him (just the security guards). He asked how long we were in Sydney, where we were from, apologized for the weather. I told him we were used to it and that we probably brought the rain with us. He patted my arm and said thanks, that they've been needing the rain. The kids and I were both touched by a Wiggle!! It was so cool! I can't say enough about how kind and nice he was.

Re: OMG! You won't believe this!

Wow!!! That is so incredible! Thats something your kids will remember for the rest of their life!!! I'm so amazed and happy that he was so patient with all of that. So many times they can't be bothered with their "fans", even thought without the fans they would be nothing.

:clap: Truely awesome!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

YAY!!! You sure are a lucky family!! they are such fun at the shows aren't they?? Did the twins take roses for Dorothy?

Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
      Tassie, I found a quote for ya :lol:!

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

Charles M. Schulz
      Originally Posted by MWalton
      :lol: Did the pages take that long to reach around to your part of the world?!? :lol:

Comment

Wow Twinmom! I bet the twins love their personalized video message.

Comment

It wasn't a show Tassie; they were on the channel 7 news today. Do you get the Sunrise show with Kochie and Mel? That was the one they were on.

Comment

Very cool!!!
            Good morning, son
            In twenty years from now
            Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
            And I can tell you 'bout today
            And how I picked you up and everything changed
            It was pain
            Sunny days and rain
            I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Yay for twinmom! Good times.
              Follow me on Twitter and Facebook.

Comment

that is soo cool hubby met dorothy but had to go to the theme park to do so, he was the only kidless adult in the line! the things you do for your kids!
                MCDA - A Healthier, Happier Me!

Comment

RATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  I wish I'd have known!!! I watch it, but it's in between getting the kids ready fo school!!
                  I'll go see if it's on their website (sunrises)

Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
                  Tassie, I found a quote for ya :lol:!

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

Charles M. Schulz
                  Originally Posted by MWalton
                  :lol: Did the pages take that long to reach around to your part of the world?!? :lol:

Comment

cool story Twinmom. Just goes to show that some celebs are real nice and friendly.

Comment

Love the story. We took our daughter to see the Wiggles in Portland about a year ago. It was a pretty good concert, and they throw lots of stuff in there for the adults that go over the kids' heads. Glad they are as nice in person, as they are entertaining on t.v.

Comment

Oh Twinmom I'm so happy for twinkids :clap: I can imagine how excited they were!!! That's soooooo awesome!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Can't say I've ever completely understood the appeal of The Wiggles - or skivvies/turtle necks for that matter - but to meet and be touched by someone you look up to at that age is a pretty big deal.

Nice to know that fame hasn't gone to their collective heads.

And in case I don't get to say it ever again, WAKE UP JEFF!!!

Comment

Hey...I"m ANTHONY! I didn't meeet any kids tonight! Weird....!
                            What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

Comment

As much as it will give me nightmares that your beautiful twinsies* were touched by Wiggles, I'm happy for them, if they're into that! :lol: I'm sorry, I have nightmares about the Wiggles anyway.....

I can't wait to hear all about your trip!! :ghug: We miss you!! Smooch!

Susan, I am talking about your kids, by the way. :lol: It just came out filthy-sounding.

Comment

Originally posted by twinmom View Post
                                The kids and I were both touched by a Wiggle!! It was so cool!
                                Eww.
                                Broadway Duchess, Darling if you only knew half as much as everybody thinks you do

Comment

Originally posted by yensid1987 View Post
                                  Eww.
                                  I wanted to say that, but I thought it might be in poor taste. Now I wish I had.

I salute you, sir!

Comment

That's such an awesome story!!! I love hearing about celebs who really do nice things for their fans. WTG twinmom! The kiddos will certainly never forget it! :clap:

Originally posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
                                    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Comment

I'm indeed lame. 30 years old, and I never EVER thought I would enjoy the Wiggles. Thought they were quite lame, actually. That was until my niece started watching them, over and over and over and over and over again. They are actually quite fun and entertaining. Even went to their live show (my God, did I just admit that?!).

Comment

Their show is okay I keep missing it now for some reason or another. I'd love to go watch the show in person haha but as an 18 year old I'd be real out of place.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X