This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: DLCM's Year Abroad (photos)

Avenue of the Sphinxes and the Temple of Luxor. There used to be twin obelisks in front of this temple, but one was gifted to France and is now in Paris (picture in the paris section of this update)

A sphinx from the avenue of sphinxes

Statue of King Tut and his wife

Thought this was really cool...
    <o>

Comment

The Colossus of Memnon... This is pretty much a road side attraction like the States has those giant dinosaur statues or whatever. These are right next to a highway

The name of this temple escapes my mind, but i didn't really have the time to look through it as the entire area was swarming with desert fleas

More original paint in the temple

Valley of the Kings where more than 25 pharoahs are buried

The entrance to king tut's tomb

Entering the tomb of Ramses I
      <o>

Comment

Self explanatory....

Me sitting on the Great Pyramid

Pyramids and Sphinx

View from the roof of my hotel

Mosque in Cairo

This clock was given to Egypt by France in thanks for the Obelisk. This clock has never worked
        <o>

Comment

We took a day trip up to Alexandria.

Some ruins where Cleopatra's temple once stood

The harbor where the lighthouse of Alexandria once stood (One of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World)

All in all it would take me days to talk about my whole trip to Egypt. In one word, it was INCREDIBLE. I would go back anytime
          <o>

Comment

Emmett!! I am loving the Egypt pictures! I've loved ALL your pictures. Glad you had such a wonderful time. What an incredible experience you've had!
            Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
            FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
            I bring the magic!!!
            "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
            Originally posted by Reverend DMother
            Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. :love: I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

Comment

Wow, just wow. You lucky . Suddenly I'm totally homesick to see you. You'll have to do a slide show for everyone and give a lecture on all the cool stuff you've seen in the last year!
              A signature should go here.

Comment

Paris...take 3...

Here is the obelisk i was talking about

Self Explanatory

Disneyland decked out for their 15th

A couple characters i've never seen...
                Man Beast

Prince Eric

And now for one of my favorite pictures that i have ever taken...
                <o>

Comment

About an hour outside of Madrid is the Valley of the Fallen, a memorial to Civil War victims, constructed by Franco.

The cross was built from the Granite hollowed out of the mountain below.

Great view while hiking up to the cross

Statues at the base of the cross

And to give you a sense of size...
                  <o>

Comment

That lightening picture is fabulous!!!!
                    I bring the magic!!!
                    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
                    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. :love: I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

Comment

:gladsad: So. Amazing.

Comment

I went down to Granada (southern spain) for a couple days...

The Alhambra (one of the final 20 for the new seven wonders of the world... if you don't know what i'm talking about: www.new7wonders.com)

Inside the Alhambra

This is the room where Columbus proposed his voyage to the spanish king and queen

Gardens of the Alhambra
                        <o>

Comment

When we went to Granada it was Corpus Cristi, a big celebration in southern spain... anyways, heres some pics of that

<o>

Comment

My last big trip that i'm going to do while here was to Munich...

New town hall

Old town hall

One of the big plazas

Funny story about the town halls is that the new town hall was built in the early 1900s. The old town hall was destroyed in the bombings of world war II and was reconstructed in the 60s. So the old town hall is actually newer than the new town hall.
                            <o>

Comment

And now the real reason i went to Munich... Neuschwanstein Castle. (the inspiration for Sleeping Beauty Castle at Disneyland)

From the bus on the way to it

View from the castle

<o>

Comment

Pictures are AMAZING Emmett! I am very jealous that you got to visit Egypt. Probably a place I will never get to visit...

Looking forward to seeing you when you get back.

Comment

Well that's it for my updates, i come home in 8 days!!! i'll just be spending the rest of my time lounging around Madrid and hanging out with friends. Can't wait to see everyone when i get back!

One last picture... I found this in the gardens of the Alhambra in Granada and it made me miss home...

<o>

Comment

Awwww....what a great last picture. Can't wait to see you when you are home!!:yea:
                                    I bring the magic!!!

Comment

oooo...the castle pictures. It does look a lot like Sleeping Beauty's Castly (at least the spires and towers).

Comment

So you'll be coming straight over to the meet, directly from the airport, then?

Comment

Great pictures!
                                          -Jack :geek:
                                          Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X