London Bridge

Tower Bridge

Shakespeare's Globe Theater

St. Paul's Cathedral over the Millennium Bridge

Big Ben
    <o>

Comment

Re: DLCM's Year Abroad (photos)

OMG, Emmett, those pics are AWESOME!!!!!! Keep posting!!! Any idea when you will be in Rome?
      Katie :yea:
      Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
      :sc: FIGHT ON!!!!!!

Comment

So while in London I saw a show every night i was there... i'm broke now. So here's what I saw...

First night I saw...

Showing at the Prince Edward Theatre.

The show was amazing. It was really funny because we had the understudy for Mary Poppins, and she flubbed a couple parts in Supercaliragiwhateveritscalled and laughed it off. Great effects in the show. two thumbs up!

Second night I saw...

Autographs are: 1. Idina Menzel (Elphaba) 2. Helen Dallimore (G[a]linda) 3. Adam Garcia (Fiyero) (Coyote Ugly, Confessions of a teenage drama queen) 4. Miriam Margoyles (Madame Morrible) (Professor Sprout in Harry Potter, Nurse in Romeo + Juliet (Leonardo and Claire version)) 5. Katie Rowley Jones(Nessarose) 6. Martin Ball (Dr. Dillamond)

Playing at the Apollo Victoria

Here's me waiting outside the stage door after the show...

to meet the star...

IDINA MENZEL! For those of you that don't know who she is, she was the original Elphaba on Broadway, and won the Tony for that roll. She was also in the original cast of Rent as Maureen, and played the same roll in the recent movie.

The show was AMAZING!!!!! I saw it when it was touring in San Francisco last year and it was amazing there too, but seeing it with Idina Menzel was incredible. There are just little differences that really made it great for me, like during One Short Day when they travel to the Emerald City, all of the theatre lights lining the wall, and the main light fixture/chandelier all lit up green. Some funny bloopers in this show as well. When Glinda was supposed to spin her wand/staff like a weapon, it hit her hand, she said ouch, paused, laughed a little, then just threw it aside.

I was only supposed to see two shows while in town, but I was abandoned by my friend on the last day, so i was wandering the streets of London alone all day long, and just decided to see another show, so i bought a ticket to...

Playing for the last 20 years at Her Majesty's Theatre

I've wanted to see this show for the longest time, and it just never came to California anytime recently when i could see it, so i jumped on the chance to see it. It was everything i was expecting and more.

All in all, my experience in London was fantastic!! I got to do/see pretty much everything that i wanted to. No complaints, except for the whole dollar to pound conversion thing...that's not fun at all. This trip was quite expensive, but so worth it! I paid $6 for my peppermint mocha from starbucks, but i didn't care, because the peppermint mocha is amazing, and it hasn't arrived in Madrid yet (if it even will), so i jumped on the chance to get it! That's all for now! Miss everyone! Glad everyone had a great time in WDW (at least from what i've heard so far)
        Last edited by DLCM; 11-10-2006, 01:46 PM.
        <o>

Comment

Beautiful pictures Emmet! That's pretty amazing to see 3 of the top shows within one week. I'm so jealous, you've seen and done so much. Keep those pictures and updates coming. Miss you lots (the dome of lights won't be the same without you ), but I'm so happy for you, you're getting to see and experience so much :squeeze:.

Comment

Wow, WDW, whatever, dude, you saw 3 plays in 3 days in London!! Im' jealous!! And you got everyone's autographs! Double jealous!
            Good morning, son
            In twenty years from now
            Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
            And I can tell you 'bout today
            And how I picked you up and everything changed
            It was pain
            Sunny days and rain
            I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

OMG!! I'm so happy for you! Everything looks amazing & I'm so glad you get to experience so much! My favorite pics so far are the crazy Minnie, the one with you and the statue of the king & the one with all the birds on the posts.

I guess I'm going to have to see Wicked one of these days. You guys all keep saying how great it is!
              <o>

Comment

Way to go Emmett! Poppins and Wicked in London! Thanks for sharing the pics of London! So happy for you.
                1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

Alright, took a quick trip to Segovia on Saturday, here's some pics!
                  <o>

Comment

Cathedral

Roman Aqueduct- over 2000 years old, 9 miles long, exposed section is 2500 feet long, 100 feet high, made with 20000 granite blocks without any mortar, and can still carry a stream of water.
                    <o>

Comment

<o>

Comment

Took a quick bus ride over to Palacio Real La Granja de San Ildefonso (another royal palace), well known for it's royal gardens...

And yes, this lake is part of the gardens too...

<o>

Comment

And we'll close it out with a night shot of the Cathedral (Spain's last major gothic building)
                          <o>

Comment

Wow! These pictures are absolutely amazing! Stop having such a good time, you're making us all jealous!

And like NNL said, I'm way double, nay, triple jealous that you got to see all of those amazing shows as well as get autographs from the actors in Wicked! I :love: Adam Garcia...and Idina...wow. You're just one lucky duck!
                            MCDADMCA

^clicky clicky^

Comment

Great pics Emmett, you're making me totally jealous Doesn't Idina look just like Crazy Legs?

Now get a haircut, ya hippie! hehe
                              I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)
                              sigpic

Founding Member of the BA!

Comment

Love the picts!!!! We all miss you too

Comment

WOW. Amazing pictures DLCM. I'm so glad you are getting a chance to travel around. Looks like you made the most of London (my favorite city).

You have a great eye for the pictures. Keep it up and keep us in mind. Love this thread!

Take care,

Dusty
                                  MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
                                  Save

Comment

Alrighty, quick update... i went to Toledo this past Saturday. Probably not a good idea, and here's why. It was my friend's birthday the night before, so we all went out to a club. The bus left for Toledo at 8:30am sharp. I left the club right at 6 am so that i could catch the metro home and shower and change. Long story short, i was still pretty drunk the first half of the trip, as you will probably be able to tell from these pics...

Me in front of the city, oh, fun side fact... the entire city has been proclaimed a national landmark.

Me in the courtyard of a monastery

The outside of Cathedral

The inside of Cathedral

A view from a bridge of the river surrounding this side of the city.
                                    <o>

Comment

Awesome!

But someone needs a haircut. Listen to your Auntie Onut :lmao:

Comment

Originally posted by DLCM View Post
                                        Is this the old Toledo synagogue?

Comment

Originally posted by mikeland View Post
                                          Is this the old Toledo synagogue?
                                          i think so...
                                          <o>

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X