• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hollywood1939
    isn't an elitist
    MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Sep 2006

Re: DLCM's Year Abroad (photos)

Excellent pictures. Beautiful, beautiful.
    -Jack :geek:
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Comment

• DLCM
      Oh, the cleverness of me.
      • Jun 2005

Alrighty, time for another update! This past weekend i went up to Copenhagen, Denmark to visit a friend. So.... here's the pics!
      <o>

Comment

• DLCM
        • Jun 2005

This is my favorite part of the city

City hall square, complete with Christmas tree

An old palace that now houses the crown jewels of Denmark

The Queen's residence

Changing of the guard at the royal palace

And one of my favorite parts of the trip, The Little Mermaid statue based off of the ballet based off of the story by Hans Christian Andersen.
        <o>

Comment

• DLCM
          • Jun 2005

Another highlight of the trip was a visit to Tivoli, which as many of you may know, was an inspiration for Walt Disney while creating Disneyland.

One of the entrances

The Main entrance

The lake all decorated for Christmas

Big snow globe with ice sculpture in front of a restaurant

There was this huge tent in the middle of the park that we thought was a place to get food. We go in and are scared to find a lot of creepy elf animatronics doing various things in the north pole

And finally, some fun being had inside the fun house type thing...
          <o>

Comment

• DLCM
            • Jun 2005

That's all for this year... Expect a rather large update towards the beginning of the new year as i leave for Paris next week!!! I'll be there for 11 days! Hope everybody has an amazing rest of the year! Miss you all!!!
            <o>

Comment

• pixie chick
              Prefect

• Jun 2005

Awww, you should have told me you were going to Denmark!! How did you like the Oden ride and jumping on & off roller coasters at Tivoli?! :lol:

Oh yeah, did you go to BonBon Land?!!
              <o>

Comment

• DLCM
                • Jun 2005

Originally posted by pixie chick View Post
                Awww, you should have told me you were going to Denmark!! How did you like the Oden ride and jumping on & off roller coasters at Tivoli?! :lol:

Oh yeah, did you go to BonBon Land?!!
                K, I have no idea about any of the things you just mentioned! lol
                <o>

Comment

• mikeland
                  World Traveler
                  • May 2005

Awesome pictures as always! I hope you're going to stay a few days at Disneyland Paris !!!

Comment

• DLCM
                    • Jun 2005

Re: DLCM's Year Abroad (PHOTOS)

Alrighty peoples... I'm in the process of uploading all of the pics for my new update, and who knows how long that is going to take, considering I'm mooching internet and the connection isn't so great... but things to look forward to: lots of pictures of Paris and DISNEYLAND PARIS!!!

So I guess I'll just take this time to do a little review of my time in France. I was there for 11 days by myself for the most part. I did meet up with DLRP_bopazot at Disneyland 1 day, and met up with a friend from home for a day also. Also, randomest thing ever, I was in one of the many museums and I ran into a friend that I was in the dorms with at Poly two years ago. To quote an exit sign from it's a small world in Paris, "the world is smaller than you think." So true...

Paris was incredible. Such a beautiful city. I had lots of time there so I saw pretty much everything I wanted to see. I went to midnight mass in Notre Dame for the experience, which was really neat. Probably the highlight of my time in the city of Paris was actually this exhibit they have at one of the big galleries. It was pretty much an exhibit on all of the early animated films that Walt Disney actually oversaw, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Peter Pan, Alice in Wonderland, etc... they must have teamed up with the Disney archives big time for this because they had a TON of original artwork, sketches, storyboards, animation cells, and original artwork and story books that inspired the films. One of the things that stood out to me most about this exhibit was that they had a library book for one of the stories that Walt Disney personally checked out, and it still had the original check out card on the inside cover with his name written on it, and yes, he did return it on time. Only bad thing is that cameras were not allowed inside, so I don't have any pictures.

Alright, and now what most of you have probably been waiting for... I ended up going to Disneyland Paris 3 days of my trip because the first day I was there I ended up buying an annual pass! To describe the place in one word: BEAUTIFUL! This park has all others (that I've been to, DLR and WDW) beat in my book in that respect. There is too much to talk about that I don't even know where to start. Cliffs Note version: Disneyland in Anaheim still my favorite... hands down. However, I pretty much like all of the rides in Paris a lot better than their counterparts in Anaheim and Orlando. Now I don't want my pictures to be misleading. It looks like the parks were empty. This is true for the Walt Disney Studios (I'll talk about that monstrosity in a minute), but not true for Disneyland Park. The park opened at 9am, but people don't start showing up until around 11am, so I took a lot of these pics in the morning when there weren't people. By the evening time, the park was jam packed full of smoking, pushing, inconsiderate people. As for the Studios, long story short, as everyone has probably heard, this park should not have been built. The only thing it has going for it, IMHO, is rockin' roller coaster.

Well it seems these pictures are taking quite a long time, hang in there... they'll get here... eventually.
                    Last edited by DLCM; 01-02-2007, 06:17 AM.
                    <o>

Comment

• Tinkerbelle
                      Waiting for the stork
                      • Jan 2005

Wow, It looks like your having an amazing adventure...
                      Thanks for shareing your beautiful pictures with us....

Simply stunning.

Have fun Em.

miss you.
                      procrastibating

Comment

• DLCM
                        • Jun 2005

Alright, since my internet connection at the moment is craptacular, you only get these two pictures because it took me all day just to get them uploaded LOL...

The Eiffel Tower from the top of the Arc de Triomphe...

This one's pretty self-explanatory...

If my connection improves, more will come soon... otherwise i have to wait a couple days til my friends get back from break and i can mooch their internet
                        <o>

Comment

• pixie chick
                          Prefect

• Jun 2005

Wow Em...those are spectacular! I hope you get a chance to upload more!
                          <o>

Comment

• Olympicnut
                            Incognito
                            • Jan 2005

Great picts as usual and I'm glad you listened to Auntie Onut about the haircut :lmao:

Comment

• DLCM
                              • Jun 2005

Ok, so good news, my pictures are slowly beginning to upload... it's a long, tedious process, but it will be done. So without any further ado... let the show begin!
                              <o>

Comment

• DLCM
                                • Jun 2005

So, we'll begin with Paris the city, and leave Disneyland for the second half of the update...

First off is my trip into and to the top of Notre Dame...
                                Even though I went during the day, I like this picture that I took towards the end of my trip...

Out in front is Point Zero, which marks the center of the city. All distances from Paris to other cities in France are measured from this point.

Inside Notre Dame

Up in the giftshop on the way up the tower is what inspired the location for Esmerelda's cell in The Hunchback of Notre Dame.

View from right between the towers, and the lazy gargoyle

Me with gargoyle on right, and eiffel tower in the distance on the left

One of the bells in the bell tower
                                <o>

Comment

• DLCM
                                  • Jun 2005

After Notre Dame, I headed to a few other small sites, then over to the Louvre...

Winged Victory

Venus de Milo

And for all you Da Vinci Code fans, here's one for you... For all interested in going to visit the site of the holy grail, you must first enter the underground shopping mall... she's burried in the center of the mall right next to the Virgin Mega Store... Very mystical and secretive eh?
                                  <o>

Comment

• Disneykat
                                    For old time sake
                                    • Apr 2005

Emmett, I liked you with the pre shaved head. But Auntie Onut has spoken...sooo. The pics you have taken are AMAZING!!!!

Who'dve thunk...holy grail next to the VIRGIN megastoe. Quite peculiar.
                                    Katie :yea:
                                    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
                                    :sc: FIGHT ON!!!!!!

Comment

• DLCM
                                      • Jun 2005

After randomly running into a friend from the dorms back in CA, we headed over to see Napoleon's tomb...

The complex the houses his tomb...i liked the sky, picture doesn't do it justice...

You may not be able to tell from this picture, but his tomb is huge...

After that we headed over to Champs-Elys&#233;es and the Arc de Triomphe...

Yes, for this next pic, I ran across many lanes of traffic and stood in the middle of the street, but it was worth it no?

The Arc...
                                      <o>

Comment

• Disneykat
                                        For old time sake
                                        • Apr 2005

TOTALLY worth it. That pic is so cool!!! I'm glad you used your super hero powers to avoid being killed.
                                        Katie :yea:
                                        Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
                                        :sc: FIGHT ON!!!!!!

Comment

• DLCM
                                          • Jun 2005

The second morning in Paris I went out to Versailles... My reaction: Meh...
                                          I'm sure it's a whole lot better in the spring or summer when it's not freezing and the fountains in the garden are going...

The Palace

Half of the hall of mirrors is currently under refurbishment, but they did a great job at hiding it...

Gardens and Palace

Gardens... there are two canals in this picture in a + shape... the one that you can see all of in this picture is the grand canal and is a mile long...
                                          <o>

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X