Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have any pumpkin carving ideas?

I usually carve a jack-o-lantern for work, but have run out of creative ideas for this year. Any suggestions? Please don't run to google and start posting fantastic pics of Star Trek characters or the Mona Lisa carved into pumpkins or anything like that....I'm not that artistic. I just need some new or inventive ideas to carve that any any ranke amateur could do. Anyone have any suggestions?
    As nice as the other parks are, we must always remember that it all began at Disneyland. Disneyland should be the crown jewel in the Disney crown.

Re: Anyone have any pumpkin carving ideas?

Oh god this is so unoriginal and boring but its an idea.
    How about the classic three-circle Mickey Mouse logo?
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

Comment

how about mac the chicken I can not wait, I hope you post a pic when you are done carving.

Comment

Originally posted by hakuna makarla View Post
        how about mac the chicken I can not wait, I hope you post a pic when you are done carving.
        Karla,

You give me too much credit. I would if I could. I'm lucky to get the classic triangle eyes & nose and toothy grin. Actually I did a cool one by covering it with black gumdrops (I think the candy was called Crows) and then using black twizzlers for legs to create a spider. But now everyone wants me to top that, and of course, I'm plum (plumb?) out of ideas. Come on Micechatters, rescue me! Thanks in advance.

Guy
        As nice as the other parks are, we must always remember that it all began at Disneyland. Disneyland should be the crown jewel in the Disney crown.

Comment

yeah I am the same way, every year our pumpkins looked diseased :lol:
          lets see, maybe I can think of something.
          hey have you tried those cut outs they sell. some of them look pretty cool. you just trace out and cut. ok, I got nothing but I will work on it hon

Comment

This may sound weird, but I usually sketch out ideas before I start. I'll draw a whole bunch of eyes on paper and then things like mouths and noses. I'll mix and match them to get faces. You might want to consider using pieces you cut out to make things like ears.

Comment

How about on of those neat stem-nose pumpkins? Where you put the pumpkin on it's side and use the stem as a twisted nose? All you have to carve is eyes and a cute little mouth... and scoops the pumkin goo outta the back!

Hope that helps.

Like the small one here.

Here.
              Last edited by Missviolet; 09-10-2006, 01:49 PM.

To live would be an awfully big adventure.

Comment

last halloween a freind carved a giraffe into a pumpkin after someone drunkenly suggested it.

what about a mickey mouse with dracula fangs. or a vampire pumpkin. bats are always cool.

one neat idea, use millitary glow sticks instead of candles, so then you get red or green or blue light comeing out of the pumpkins gob.
                We Play Rock and Roll

Comment

I carved out a few pumpkins by request cause my friends were to lazy...

I carved Yu-gi-oh and a scary cat. It was easy and time consuming.
                  On the Yu-gi-oh I also had my frineds name carve out. If you have the time and patience it would look a pro did it.
                  Originally posted by aashee (Farter Extraordinair)
                  Wow. If regular MiceChatters saw this thread they might think we are normal. Thanks Dan & Gina!

Comment

Whatever design you use, just remember that a sharp knife is MUCH better than a dull knife.

Comment

A few ideas:

And finally, the scariest of all... the "Jacko" lantern!

Comment

This is one of my favorites

A signature should go here.

Comment

A trick I sometimes use is not cutting the pumpkin all the way through. ON parts of your design, just take off the layer that is the dark orange, leaving the yellow "pulp" part. It adds another color to work with. Sorry I don't have any pics to share of this.

Or painting a pumpkin works too.
                          Well, I think you're crazy, I think you're crazy, I think you're crazy, just like me.

For new music click below!

Comment

All these ideas are great! Thanks for sharing. I promise to post a pic of my efforts (good or bad) for all to see. Keep those ideas coming.
                            Guy

Comment

I would carve a latte into mine. A pumpkin spice one to be exact Or maybe just put an empty PSL cup on the porch with a candle in it. Or carve the Starbucks logo on it if you are feeling more ambitious.
                              Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
                              Help support the site you love:
                              -Visit the MiceChat store
                              Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
                              MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by dramaqueen View Post
                                Or maybe just put an empty PSL cup on the porch with a candle in it.
                                That is funny! :lmao:
                                Well, I think you're crazy, I think you're crazy, I think you're crazy, just like me.

For new music click below!

Comment

I got a wild hair a few years ago and carved a mess of those Pumpkin Masters kits into decorative, fake pumpkins. I just reuse them every year. Now all I have to do carve a couple with The Boy and I am done.

Comment

How about carving a face and have the guts of the pumpkin coming out of the mouth like vomit? That is a winner....then you can say it is a portrait of someone at work. ) or not....

Comment

Carve a dieing face, then stick the carving knife in the top

Comment

I once found a cool version of those pumpkin masters <or something along those lines> for carving designs in pumpkins. And I still have it! It is <don't have it in front of me right now> something along the lines of "Cool Backgrounds." You carve a design in the front of it, and in the back of it so it creates a background. The first one I did, had me carve out a cresent moon with a face in it with a few stars around it, and carve out stars in the back of it to make a background. I had this along with 2 other pumpkins sitting outside and I erected a black posterboard behind them so the background design could be casted on it. It came out AWESOME!

The unfortunate and stupid thing was, I did them way too early and they went moldy soon after. You can't really find the background editions of it unless you look online.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X