This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detox

Has anyone done a caffene detox? I am thinking about cutting all sodas and caffene from my diet. It should not be too bad since I only drink 1 diet coke a day.
    "He who knows only his own side of the case, knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them. But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side; if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion" --John Stuart Mill

Re: Detox

I need caffiene to function properly. I usually drink mainly water at work (even moreso the last week since I've been getting over a bad chest cold), but I'm known to crack open a can of Coke Zero or Dr Pepper or a bottle of Diet Mountain Dew with dinner.

Comment

Sure have. I quit cold turkey. It shouldn't be that bad since you don't drink that many sodas a day.

Make sure your fluid intake is mostly ,if not all, pure H2O and if you get a slight headache, don't be afraid to take some tylenol. The headaches, if you even get them, shouldn't last more than a few days to a week.

Comment

Originally posted by SaraNoH View Post
        Sure have. I quit cold turkey. It shouldn't be that bad since you don't drink that many sodas a day.

Make sure your fluid intake is mostly ,if not all, pure H2O and if you get a slight headache, don't be afraid to take some tylenol. The headaches, if you even get them, shouldn't last more than a few days to a week.
        Thank you! I have heard that you can get bad headaches.
        "He who knows only his own side of the case, knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them. But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side; if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion" --John Stuart Mill

Comment

coffee makes me sleep ( no kidding, the more I drink the more I need to sleep. I am adhd Lol! so coffee is not for me, I get to tired and wish I could drink it .

Comment

Heh...I did that...and trust me, it wasn't easy with working at Starbucks and all...

Basically, it's easy to do as long as you think about it everytime you're thirsty and go for something to drink...just keep a bottle of Aspirin with ya!
            .....:::.......*.....,^,.............:..........:...................................*''*
            ..).....:::::.........|..| |.....*......':'..'.:.'..':'.......*........_\(/_.........*_\/_*
            (:ap:..':::'.....,^,/ \ | |...............:::o::: Remember,...../)\...........*-/\-*
            .\/|\........,^,| ||_|| |.,^,......*....'.':'.'.........Dreams Come True!...*..*
            .../\....*...| | \/|,-,|\/ | |
            MySpace.com/JivinJonno

Comment

I quit drinking caffeine in April and it was one of the best things I've ever done...with my heart and my tendency to be a bit nervous/oversensitive about things, not drinking caffeine has really calmed me down and cleared my mind. I wouldn't drink it again if you paid me. But, I do miss Starbucks!

Comment

About 7 years ago I quit cold turkey due to I had read that caffeine can contribute to bad skin. I still will allow myself Starbucks on the weekends but mostly stick to unleaded now. I would agree you can get headaches but Tylenol or Extra Strength Excedrin can help wean you in the beginning stages (the Excedrin has caffeine in it). You might miss it at first but since you are not a die hard addict you will do just fine. Good luck! :thumbup:

Comment

I definitely feel a lot better when caffeine is out of my diet. Unfortunately I love my CocaCola and my morning (black) tea. I try to drink more herb tea and water, skipping Cokes any time I can.

Caffeine gives me PMS. I can get away with it two weeks a month if I'm careful but the other two weeks I must stay away from it.
                  I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Comment

tried it, got ratty irratible and violent. started downing cokes again!
                    though i did cut down
                    We Play Rock and Roll

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X