This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The DustyFishbulb's trip to the Theatre - Dirty Rotten Scoundrels

We went to the parks on both Friday and Saturday night (will post about it soon) At any rate...

Dusty, SusieP., Grumpy4, and I went to the Orange county Performaing arts center to check out the last Performance of Dirty Rotten Scoundrels featuring Norbert Leo Butz (yeah that's his stage name anyway) in his Tony winning performance as Freddy Benson. So we met across the street from the theatre at one of our favorite places, Jerry's Famous Deli.

The garden built behind the parking structure.

SusieP. meets up with us

SusieP. arrived as we did. We went into the restaurant and got a seat. Grumpy4 showed up right after that.

I ordered a Citron Martini. YUM!!!

I got some fabulous Kreplach

After dinner we trekked over to the theatre.

Dustysage and his "wife" Grumpy4

Fishbulb and his "wife" SusieP.

look at that amazing wig on the ticket lady!

Lots of older patrons waiting for the elevator

Find the Grumpy4 in the elevator!

SusieP. Texts in the elevator

We found our seats and the show began right away.

During intermission I made a be-line for the bathroom and then poked around the lobby.

The outdoor balcony

okay so tell me. If the line for drinks is 20 minutes long, and
    intermission is only 10 minutes long, then how can Joe
    Theatre goer grab a soda, use the bathroom
    and not wriggle through the second act

Back in our seats and ready for act 2

The show was nutty and hysterically funny. The music was inventive and fun without being over the top or too "The Producers". I went in to the show mildly interested and came out humming tunes from the show. I won't give a full on review here but it was a real improvement on the source material.

The show ended and we made our way down the HUGE stairwell.

At least they didn't have broken escalators.

We made our way out to the cars and said good night!

As we approached an intersection I heard "Ohhhh Look at those hot sexy guys!"

It was Grumpy4.

And there was our little night at the theatre.

THE END
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals.
    Homer Jay Simpson

Re: The DustyFishbulb's trip to the Theatre - Dirty Rotten Scoundrels

YAY!! Gorgeous people at the theater! I'm so jealous and yet glad you had a good time!

Comment

Thanks for the report, it looks like a great time was had by all. Times like this make me wish there was culture in South Dakota. <sigh>

I'm glad you guys had so much fun, and looked spectacular to boot
      Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
      Help support the site you love:
      -Visit the MiceChat store
      Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
      MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

Comment

:clap: Glad to see you had a fabulous nite at the theatre!!
        MCDADMCA

^clicky clicky^

Comment

What a blast it was tonight!! I'm so excited for this season and I'm so happy you guys got season ticket with us!! We're gonna have so much fun!!
          Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
          FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
          I bring the magic!!!
          "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
          Originally posted by Reverend DMother
          Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. :love: I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

Comment

:lol:Awesome!!! Glad a great time was had by all!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
            all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

Originally posted by MissChristine View Post
              :clap: Glad to see you had a fabulous nite at the theatre!!
              OMG MC there was this Hot and, well, how do I say, endowed lady in the cast that Grumpy4 said "Look! It's MissChristine!"

Yeah she was great.

and that fabulous octagenarian posterier for the end shot.
              "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals.
              Homer Jay Simpson

Comment

You & Dusty looked HOT all dressed up!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Fishbulb View Post
                  OMG MC there was this Hot and, well, how do I say, endowed lady in the cast that Grumpy4 said "Look! It's MissChristine!"

Yeah she was great.

and that fabulous octagenarian posterier for the end shot.
                  I did not!!! Dusty said that!!
                  I bring the magic!!!
                  "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
                  Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. :love: I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy4 View Post
                    I did not!!! Dusty said that!!
                    Jeez, just proclaim my fabulousness from the top of a mountain, whydont'cha?! :lol: Silly theater season pass holders!!
                    MCDADMCA

^clicky clicky^

Comment

Originally posted by MissChristine View Post
                      Jeez, just proclaim my fabulousness from the top of a mountain, whydont'cha?! :lol: Silly theater season pass holders!!
                      If you insist!
                      I bring the magic!!!

Comment

Thanks for the report and the pics!

I can't wait to see DRS this spring...it's also part of our Broadway subscription. I know from G4 and SusieP that our series is the same as yours, with the exception of one show, I think, so I look forward to these little previews.

Comment

OMG!! Stink, it is sooooo funny! I laughed pretty much through the whole show!
                          I bring the magic!!!

Comment

Norbert Leo Butz! Woot!

I have heard good things about the production, is it any good in your opinion...

Comment

Originally posted by AlexLoup View Post
                              I have heard good things about the production, is it any good in your opinion...
                              The show was nutty and hysterically funny. The music was inventive and fun without being over the top or too "The Producers". I went in to the show mildly interested and came out humming tunes from the show. I won't give a full on review here but it was a real improvement on the source material.

Ummm . . . I think that means yes.

Great report FB--especially for those of us who don't just look at the pictures.

Thanks!
                              Follow me on Twitter and Facebook.

Comment

I love the theatre and await your next Trip Report.

Ta Da!

Comment

I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. Not just polite theater laughing, but full-on belly laughing. It was great! I was really apprehensive about it going in, like why does this need to be a musical? Thankfully, it worked really well, and made the Steve Martin version suddenly seem really boring! Very, very clever show. :thumbup:
                                  A signature should go here.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                  Working...
                                  X