Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

California bill on highlight homosexuals and eliminate all references to mom and dad

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California bill on highlight homosexuals and eliminate all references to mom and dad

I got this in a email

So now our little elementary school kids are going
    to have to learn about why little billy's dad is
    sleeping in the same bed and little susie's dad.
    That is, unless a ton of people call and let it be
    known that history books don't have to be rewritten
    because 8% of California's population is
    gay/lesbian. People can be gay, it's not my
    problem, but that doesn't mean it needs to be forced
    on children before they even know what the hell is
    going on.

Now, you won't win a billion dollars if you forward
    this to 10 friends, but you won't get bad luck if
    you just say "screw this" and trash this email
    either. If you at least give a **** about how lost
    and lame this damn state is getting, please take the
    15 seconds to dial Arnold's number and punch in the
    sequence below (no, you don't have to wait for the
    dude to stop talking).

Subject: SB 1437 has now passed. Gov Veto?

The situation is this: Bill SB 1437, was passed
    and sent to the governor. It requires all textbooks
    to be rewritten and reissued at a cost that our
    school system, not to mention taxpayers, can little
    afford. They will indoctrinate schoolchildren with
    a homosexual agenda. The bill requires that all new
    textbooks (k-12) highlight homosexuals and
    eliminate all references to mom and dad.

The governor is doing a phone poll. Please make
    your opinion known. It's very easy, you don't even
    have to talk to anyone. Just follow the
    instructions below:

Please call the governor's office at
    1-916-445-2841. The phone recording will ask:

A. Do you want this message in English? yes,
    press 1

B. Is this in regards to a legislation bill?
    yes, press 2

C. Is the bill SB 1437? yes, press 1

D. Are you in favor of this legislation?
    If no, press 2 .

It takes less than 30 seconds to make the call
    and to express your opinion.

Please feel free to pass this message along to
    your friends.

What do you think?
    :crazylegs

Re: California bill on highlight homosexuals and eliminate all references to mom and dad

Originally posted by Crazy Legs View Post

They will indoctrinate schoolchildren with
    a homosexual agenda.
    I'd rather my daughter be exposed to an imaginary "homosexual agenda" than the homophobic intent behind this e-mail you got CL.

Originally posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Comment

Re: California bill on highlight homosexuals and eliminate all references to mom and dad

I don't remember talking about sexuality in elementary school to begin with. Why are they even talking about it from a hetero or homosexual perspective anyway, UNLESS it has been OK'd by the parent!

This is PERSONAL stuff - that should come from the HOME NOT THE SCHOOLING SYSTEM.

I went to elementary school in Anaheim....and a girl and her older brother had a Mom who was a lesbian and lived with another woman. We all knew this, but it wasn't something the teachers discussed. It wasn't the teacher business. What was going on in the girls and boys home was their business.

Strangely enough, the girl lived in the house my Dad lived in from 1955 to 1962.

Anyway, my opinion is this is not something the schools should be discussing from any perspective.

Comment

The number was right but that bill was not on the list.

Comment

What Daddy said. Keep all the sexuality based topics at home because that is something parents need to tell their kids about, not schools. The schools need to teach kids the basics like Math, Science, History, Art, English, etc.

Comment

If you actually read the text of the bill, it has nothing to do with teaching about homosexuality or any other kind of sexuality. It's about changing the terminology in books to be more inclusive to non-traditional households, that means single parent households, children who are raised by their grandparents, foster families, and yes, homosexual households.

People with an anti-homosexual agenda are trying to turn this into a homosexual issue. It's not.

Comment

Originally posted by Disney Wrassler View Post
              What Daddy said. Keep all the sexuality based topics at home because that is something parents need to tell their kids about, not schools. The schools need to teach kids the basics like Math, Science, History, Art, English, etc.
              Right on dude. I'm sending little Billy and Sally to school to learn "Readin, Writin' and 'rithmatic and dominatrix?" NOT!

This is yet another reason my wife and I will be are electing homeschooling.

Comment

Originally posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
                Right on dude. I'm sending little Billy and Sally to school to learn "Readin, Writin' and 'rithmatic and dominatrix?" NOT!
                That's quite a stereotype you made there.

Comment

Originally posted by Hyperbole View Post
                  That's quite a stereotype you made there.
                  Not a stereotype...but it deals with sexuality. I'm just making a point there.....dominatrix and anything else dealing in the sexuality realm is not for the schools to be teaching.

Comment

Where does it say sexuality? Did you read the bill? There's nothing about sexuality in it.
                    Growing older is manditory
                    Growing up is however, optional

Comment

Not a stereotype...but it deals with sexuality. I'm just making a point there.....dominatrix and anything else dealing in the sexuality realm is not for the schools to be teaching.
                      Did you read the bill? It has nothing to do with teaching sexuality of any sort.

Comment

Re: California bill on highlight homosexuals and eliminate all references to mom and

Yeesh. I agree with what everyone else is saying.
                        What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

Comment

Whomever originated that email might want to work on his or her grammar prior to sending out mass hate mail.

Comment

Originally posted by migo View Post
                            Whomever originated that email might want to work on his or her grammar prior to sending out mass hate mail.
                            I don't think it's hate mail...I think she's just saying that this is something that should not be for schools to present to our children. The person that started this is a fine person.

I really don't think this is hate mail.

Comment

BILL NUMBER: SB 1437 AMENDED BILL TEXT AMENDED IN SENATE MARCH 28, 2006INTRODUCED BY Senator Kuehl FEBRUARY 22, 2006 An act to amend Sections 51204.5, 51500, 51501, 60040, and 60044 of the Education Code, relating to prohibitedinstruction. LEGISLATIVE COUNSEL'S DIGEST SB 1437, as amended, Kuehl School instruction: prohibition ofdiscriminatory content. Existing law prohibits instruction or school sponsored activitiesthat reflect adversely upon persons because of their race, sex,color, creed, handicap, national origin, or ancestry. Existing lawprohibits the State Board of Education and the governing board of anyschool district from adopting textbooks or other instructionalmaterials that contain any matter that reflects adversely uponpersons because of their race, sex, color, creed, handicap, nationalorigin, or ancestry. This bill would revise the list of characteristics included inthese provisions to include race or ethnicity, gender, disability,nationality, sexual orientation, and religion. Existing law prohibits a governing board from adoptinginstructional materials that contain any matter reflecting adverselyupon persons because of their race, color, creed, national origin,ancestry, sex, handicap, or occupation, or that contain any sectarianor denominational doctrine or propaganda contrary to law. This bill would revise the list of characteristics included inthis provision to include race or ethnicity, gender, disability,nationality, sexual orientation, religion, and occupation. This bill also would make technical, nonsubstantive changes tothose provisions of existing law. Vote: majority. Appropriation: no. Fiscal committee: no.State-mandated local program: no.THE PEOPLE OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA DO ENACT AS FOLLOWS: SEC. 1. Section 51204.5 of the Education Code is amended to read: 51204.5. Instruction in social sciences shall include the earlyhistory of California and a study of the role and contributions ofboth men and women, black Americans, American Indians, Mexicans,Asians, Pacific Island people, and other ethnic groups , andpeople who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender, to theeconomic, political, and social development of California and theUnited States of America, with particular emphasis on portraying therole of these groups in contemporary society. SECTION 1. SEC. 2. Section 51500 ofthe Education Code is amended to read: 51500. No teacher shall give instruction nor shall a schooldistrict sponsor any activity that reflects adversely upon personsbecause of their race or ethnicity, gender, disability, nationality,sexual orientation, or religion. SEC. 2. SEC. 3. Section 51501 of theEducation Code is amended to read: 51501. No textbook or other instructional materials shall beadopted by the state board or by any governing board for use in thepublic schools that contains any matter reflecting adversely uponpersons because of their race or ethnicity, gender, disability,nationality, sexual orientation, or religion. SEC. 4. Section 60040 of the EducationCode is amended to read: 60040. When adopting instructional materials for use in theschools, governing boards shall include only instructional materialswhich, in their determination, accurately portray the cultural and , racial gender, and sexual diversity of our society, including: (a) The contributions of both men and women in all types of roles,including professional, vocational, and executive roles. (b) The role and contributions of Native Americans, AfricanAmericans, Mexican Americans, Asian Americans, European Americans,and members of other ethnic and cultural groups to the totaldevelopment of California and the United States. (c) The contributions of people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, ortransgender to the total development of California and the UnitedStates. (c) (d) The role and contributions of theentrepreneur and labor in the total development of California and theUnited States. SEC. 3. SEC. 5. Section 60044 of theEducation Code is amended to read: 60044. No instructional materials shall be adopted by anygoverning board for use in the schools that, in its determination,contains: (a) Any matter reflecting adversely upon persons because of theirrace or ethnicity, gender, disability, nationality, sexualorientation, religion, or occupation. (b) Any sectarian or denominational doctrine or propagandacontrary to law.

Comment

*pulls up a chair and busts out the jiffy pop*

Can someone make a run for milk duds?

Comment

I don't think it's hate mail...I think she's just saying that this is something that should not be for schools to present to our children. The person that started this is a fine person.

I really don't think this is hate mail.
                                  Crazy Legs is just passing on an e-mail she recieved. She didn't write it, she's sharing it.

But, yes, she's a fine person. Boy does she know how to party at weddings!!!!

Comment

I digress I miss understood OB's sig as saying that DD need a brain.

Comment

Originally posted by Hyperbole View Post
                                      Crazy Legs is just passing on an e-mail she recieved. She didn't write it, she's sharing it.

But, yes, she's a fine person. Boy does she know how to party at weddings!!!!
                                      Agreed... Crazy Legs is one of the nicest, sweetest people on here. I highly doubt she in any way meant for this to be inflamitory twords anyone.
                                      Growing older is manditory
                                      Growing up is however, optional

Comment

Yes I did not write it.

I was just showing you guys what I got.
                                        :crazylegs

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X