Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

California bill on highlight homosexuals and eliminate all references to mom and dad

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: California bill on highlight homosexuals and eliminate all references to mom and dad

I just re-read the text of the bill posted above (thanks Gunny for pasting it in). It says nothing about teaching sexuality or anything of the like. Unless someone thinks that people who happen to be homosexual and their contributions to society should never be discussed AT ALL... I just dont' see anything controversial about this bill.

Originally posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Comment

Re: California bill on highlight homosexuals and eliminate all references to mom and dad

Yes.

Comment

Re: California bill on highlight homosexuals and eliminate all references to mom and

Originally posted by LuvsLilo View Post
        *pulls up a chair and busts out the jiffy pop*

Can someone make a run for milk duds?
        got it! Anyone else need anything?
        What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

Comment

I am not intending for anyone to get upset. I was just showing you guys this email I got.
          :crazylegs

Comment

Where's a personal attack?

Comment

Re: California bill on highlight homosexuals and eliminate all references to mom and

Originally posted by Crazy Legs View Post
              I am not intending for anyone to get upset. I was just showing you guys this email I got.
              We know. It's all good CL
              What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Hyperbole View Post
                Where's a personal attack?
                Go back to 18

Comment

Originally posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
                  This is yet another reason my wife and I will be are electing homeschooling.
                  I'm glad my mother didn't go for homeschooling. I think I probably would've been more socially awkward than I already am.

Sorry... hate the idea of homeschooling, private schools, and public schools... and this comes from somebody that works for the public schools.
                  -Tim

Comment

I'm calling right now.

Comment

Originally posted by FrumiousBoojum View Post
                      I'm glad my mother didn't go for homeschooling. I think I probably would've been more socially awkward than I already am.

Sorry... hate the idea of homeschooling, private schools, and public schools... and this comes from somebody that works for the public schools.
                      Why?

Comment

Originally posted by Tui View Post
                        We know. It's all good CL

Thanks Tui

It was just email that I read and was like oh wow so I thought I would share.

Comment

(starts humming the fight song from 'The Quiet Man')
                          Growing older is manditory
                          Growing up is however, optional

Comment

Originally posted by FrumiousBoojum View Post

WOW.
                            Well, my sister-in-law and her brother were homeschooled and both have bachelor degrees and she's got her masters. She is a registered nurse in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at Loma Linda. Her brother? An engineer. I went to public school and got bored with it and didn't excell. I got TOO social.

I don't think homeschooling stunts one's growth socially........because I knew many who's social ways were stunted and DID go to public schools.

Comment

All I ask is that in this thread there is no breaking of the rules here on Micechat. I did not post this to have there be something more then what it is.

Comment

All I ask is that in this thread there is no breaking of the rules here on Micechat. I did not post this to have there be something more then what it is.
                                Right on Crazy Legs!

Comment

It's cool Chickadee, really. We're just a bunch of Fonzies in here.

Anyone want to discuss how the text of the bill has nothing to do with "teaching a homosexual agenda" like the propoganda e-mail in the OP claims???
                                  Last edited by Hyperbole; 09-12-2006, 03:45 PM. Reason: To add a funny movie reference.

Comment

Your GTG.

Comment

Originally posted by Hyperbole View Post
                                      It's cool RayRay, really. We're just a bunch of Fonzies in here.

Anyone want to discuss how the text of the bill has nothing to do with "teaching a homosexual agenda" like the propoganda e-mail in the OP???
                                      Man I read that thing like three times and have very little idea as to what it is saying.

Comment

Basically, the letter that she recieved is claiming that if this bill passes, the common one mother and one father listing would be taken out of text books and replaced with homosexuality...which I find ridiculous...I can't believe that someone reads it that way, or is trying to pass it off to others as such...

The bill simply states that if someone was in the GLBT community, they wouldn't be excluded from the history books...and more than likely a reference would be given if necesary...if anyone looks up Harvey Milk, you'd find that there needs to be a GLBT reference...DaVinci, same...but there are others out there that did something strong in the world that had nothing to do with their sexuality, in that case, I don't believe it needs to be listed...

Simply, if it applies, put it, if not, forget it...

Another thing I liked about the e.mail was where it talked about if the bill passed, tax payers and schools would have to spend uber amounts of money on new text books...what!? It simply means that in the next publication of the book, it needs to be updated to comply with the bill...

Atleast, this is what I got from the e.mail and the bill...

Fun times...
                                        .....:::.......*.....,^,.............:..........:...................................*''*
                                        ..).....:::::.........|..| |.....*......':'..'.:.'..':'.......*........_\(/_.........*_\/_*
                                        (:ap:..':::'.....,^,/ \ | |...............:::o::: Remember,...../)\...........*-/\-*
                                        .\/|\........,^,| ||_|| |.,^,......*....'.':'.'.........Dreams Come True!...*..*
                                        .../\....*...| | \/|,-,|\/ | |
                                        MySpace.com/JivinJonno

Comment

Thanks Tui

It was just email that I read and was like oh wow so I thought I would share.
                                          CL - Do you know the person who sent this to you or did you receive it as spam? I think the issue on this particular legislation was dealt with at the beginning of the Summer. The text book thing was watered down to simply making sure that nothing degrading to the homosexual community makes it's way into our text books. I would have sworn that the whole thing blew over weeks...maybe months ago.

There's spam. And then there's really really OLD spam. You want to stay away from the really OLD spam because it turns green and fuzzy after awhile.

Green spam. There's an image....

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X