X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I just can't get over the anger

Originally posted by Stitchy-poo View Post
    yep, yep, yep. The SAME thing happened to me and my husband. We were newly weds...moving to our first station, they came to my parent's house and boxed everything..and took it to our new apartment, 6 hours away. When it got there...and we started unpacking...one of my husband's boxes were missing. Not just any box, though, the one that contained his collection of football cards. He thought he had put them in our car because they were VERY valuable, money wise and sentiment wise. He had been collecting them his whole life, and did not grow up in the best of circumstances..so, they were something he was proud of and meant alot to him. POOF! Gone. And this was a company sent there by the Air Force. We got $2,000 for the contents of the box, but, hubby says that stuff was worth more than that. It's like they get a freepass to rob people blind. And what they don't rip off, they break. MOre stories? I'm military, I got a ton....
    * A person I know moved from England, everything she had was broken. Dishes, brand new furniture...almost everything.

*Someone a friend knew moved to another country and the guys packed THEIR CAT!!! Not kidding. The cat was on the sofa, and the guys packed the cat. The owners thought he had come up missing, ran out the door or something...they had to give up and move. When they got to the new house, and unpacked the sofa...there was the cat, he had been eating the stuffing from the couch to stay alive. Sad.

*my parents...they had just finished breakfast when the moving guys showed up..they packed everything and were on their way, after getting to their new station..they started unpacking, and the moving guys had wrapped and packed their unfinished breakfast!!! There was a dry, crusty biscuit and gross little sasauge. Yum.
    OMG to those stories! Down with moving companies!

oh and I'm so sorry about your husband losing his collection Devastating!

Ta Da!

Comment

yeah, he was really sad for a while...but, he did have a few left. He had put one box in the car...somehow, the other didn't make it though. Something has to be done about these people though. I say the Micechat Mafia should step in.

Comment

This is horrible!! I am so sorry this happened to you and so many others. I once used a moving company and had a box go missing as well. But at least they didn't try to overcharge me or pack my cat!!

This makes me never want to move again!

Comment

Ok see this is scary. We are all posting that we have used moving companies and had stuff go missing...its a conspiracy and I agree with Stitchy-poo on Micechat mafia!

Ta Da!

Comment

So moving companies are to the world what the washing machines are to our socks???

On a more serious note, I'm sorry that all these things happened to you all. I hope things get resolved and fast.
            :love: Always keep smiling because you never know who is falling in love with it.:love:
            --------------------------------------------------------
            :ghug:Part of the Disney Ohana:ghug:

--------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I'm down for a mass letter or email writing campaign on behalf of all those ripped off. How about everyone else?

Comment

Sorry about all of your stuff going missing. I've never used a moving company we've always done it ourselves making 5 million trips in a pick up or renting a Uhaul. Hard to believe that companies can stay in business doing work like that.
                Visit the Hamand Family Blog to see what we've been up to. http://matthamand.blogspot.com

Comment

it is sad....but, people just don't care. There was a HUGE moving truck parked in a horrible place in our base neighborhood once, after almost getting hit twice that day (because it blocked the view) I stopped and politely asked the guys if they could move it...just a little..so you can see turning traffic. The guys chuckled and said.."yeah, we might do that"..I gave up and called the mp's..they were all dispatched and couldn't be spared..so, I called the company itself...the boss told me basically to get over it, the guys had a job to do. I guess it doesn't matter if their parking skills causes accidents or harm or injury. These companies are worse than car salesmen.

Comment

Originally posted by lisaboo View Post
                    I'm down for a mass letter or email writing campaign on behalf of all those ripped off. How about everyone else?
                    Ha now that would be interesting!

Originally posted by Stitchy-poo View Post
                    it is sad....but, people just don't care. There was a HUGE moving truck parked in a horrible place in our base neighborhood once, after almost getting hit twice that day (because it blocked the view) I stopped and politely asked the guys if they could move it...just a little..so you can see turning traffic. The guys chuckled and said.."yeah, we might do that"..I gave up and called the mp's..they were all dispatched and couldn't be spared..so, I called the company itself...the boss told me basically to get over it, the guys had a job to do. I guess it doesn't matter if their parking skills causes accidents or harm or injury. These companies are worse than car salesmen.

YES! They dont CARE! I was told by the PRESIDENT of this company that "it has happened before, file a police report and leave us alone"

WTF!

Ta Da!

Comment

Sorry to hear this; I know it seems like you'll never replace the stuff (especially the video), and it's difficult to do, but you'll move past the anger which is far more destructive to your life than the missing stuff at some point.

Here is wishing all the best for you!
                      "Search the boat...."
                      First works spoken by Captain Nemo (James Mason) in the Disney classic - 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

PROUD Member Of................

Do you :love: MiceChat?
                      There are several ways for you to help support the site you love:
                      - visit the MiceChat store
                      - Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page
                      Whatever you do, your help is much appreciated!

Comment

Originally posted by NemoZorro View Post
                        Sorry to hear this; I know it seems like you'll never replace the stuff (especially the video), and it's difficult to do, but you'll move past the anger which is far more destructive to your life than the missing stuff at some point.

Here is wishing all the best for you!
                        Thanks and as a whole, I have moved on. It just sneaks up every now and again. But then goes away just as fast as it sneaked up.

Its awful to hear all these other stories though. I can't BELIEVE these companies are still in business!
                        Last edited by clara; 09-15-2006, 03:51 PM.

Ta Da!

Comment

Originally posted by claribella View Post
                          Thanks an as a whole, I have moved on. It just sneaks up every now and again. But then goes away just as fast as it sneaked up.

Its awful to hear all these other stories though. I can't BELIEVE these companies are still in business!
                          I think some outfits like this rely on the fact that it is expensive to sue them; too bad. I'm really sorry about it as I know it is frustrating.....
                          "Search the boat...."
                          First works spoken by Captain Nemo (James Mason) in the Disney classic - 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

PROUD Member Of................

Do you :love: MiceChat?
                          There are several ways for you to help support the site you love:
                          - visit the MiceChat store
                          - Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page
                          Whatever you do, your help is much appreciated!

Comment

I'm so sorry. I hate moving companies and this is the reason why.

When we were planning our move, I came across this site. MovingScam.com. That was enough to convince me that doing it ourselves was the ONLY way I was going to move. This site has a Black List. Maybe you could add your story there too and help others out?

Comment

Originally posted by CrystalCastle View Post

When we were planning our move, I came across this site. MovingScam.com. That was enough to convince me that doing it ourselves was the ONLY way I was going to move. This site has a Black List. Maybe you could add your story there too and help others out?

HEYA THANKS! I am going to check that site out now! Maybe others here who have put their stories here can do the same!

Ta Da!

Comment

OMG there it is..the company that moved me is on this black list argh!

Ta Da!

Comment

I've used the same company for my three moves and have had no problems whatsoever. It helps tho that the owner of the company is a personal friend of my father's.

Claribella: Take it to small claims court, it is not expensive to file. You will have a problem collecting the money, however, especially if you wait too long and the company declares bankruptcy, etc. However, if you have a judgment, you can get a writ of execution from the court and have the sheriff do things like garnish their bank accounts. Fun!
                                  I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)
                                  sigpic

Founding Member of the BA!

Comment

I have filed a report with consumeraffairs.com as they had NUMEROUS complaints on the company I moved AND some sited the name of the person I spoke with.

They are CON-ARTIST!

Ta Da!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                    Working...
                                    X