Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In-car advertising? WTH?!

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • In-car advertising? WTH?!

    I saw something tonight I've never seen before.

    I was driving home from work and in front of me in another lane was an SUV. It caught my attention because of the ads in the rear window. It was a flat screen TV/monitor!

    From what I could see, the flat screen was plugged into an in-car DVD system. I could see the same ads playing on small monitors on the backs of the front seats. Great advertising gimmick, but this just seems dangerous to me. I don't think drivers need any more distractions on the road.

    Has anyone else seen anything like this before?
    Sarchasm- The gulf between the person using sarcasm and the person who doesn't get it.

  • #2
    Re: In-car advertising? WTH?!

    That is pretty crazy! Was it a for-hire vehicle where maybe the ads would be for people who are being driven somewhere? Either way, the introduction of different ways for us to ignore advertising, like Tivo, have driven marketing executives to really go out and try some crazy stuff to get our attention.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: In-car advertising? WTH?!

      So not cool, I have ADHD as it is do you really want me watching tv while I'm driving?!

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: In-car advertising? WTH?!

        Originally posted by LlamaLover View Post
        That is pretty crazy! Was it a for-hire vehicle where maybe the ads would be for people who are being driven somewhere?
        If you mean was it a taxi, no it didn't appear to be one. I didn't see any passengers in it, just the driver. The ads were for an advertising agency (presumably the one that came up with the idea) and some local businesses with phone numbers to call for info or reservations.
        Sarchasm- The gulf between the person using sarcasm and the person who doesn't get it.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: In-car advertising? WTH?!

          Originally posted by Jolie View Post
          If you mean was it a taxi, no it didn't appear to be one. I didn't see any passengers in it, just the driver. The ads were for an advertising agency (presumably the one that came up with the idea) and some local businesses with phone numbers to call for info or reservations.
          That is pretty crazy. I guess if people will allow someone to use their face as advertising then it would not be much of a stretch for them to use their cars!

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: In-car advertising? WTH?!

            There is another point that's been raised here, and that is about these monster SUV's with the TV monitors in the back...showing DVDs or whatever...and it is a distraction! Some of the screens I've seen look bigger than my 20-inch TV at home.

            --Barry
            God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: In-car advertising? WTH?!

              Originally posted by Radiobarry View Post
              There is another point that's been raised here, and that is about these monster SUV's with the TV monitors in the back...showing DVDs or whatever...and it is a distraction! Some of the screens I've seen look bigger than my 20-inch TV at home.

              --Barry
              Agreed and an even BIGGER distraction when they are watching PORN! And yes, I did see this while driving in Hollywood.

              Ta Da!

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: In-car advertising? WTH?!

                Originally posted by claribella View Post
                Agreed and an even BIGGER distraction when they are watching PORN! And yes, I did see this while driving in Hollywood.
                Sorry. That was me. :shy:



                What's worse - I saw a guy driving on the 5 while watching TV on a screen mounted to his dash. I hope there will be laws that would outlaw some of that.
                [email protected]

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: In-car advertising? WTH?!

                  Originally posted by Disneyphile View Post

                  What's worse - I saw a guy driving on the 5 while watching TV on a screen mounted to his dash. I hope there will be laws that would outlaw some of that.
                  Yeah, if they want to outlaw driving while talking on your cellphone without a hands free unit then they should definetly have some restrictions for this as well. TV screens and DVD's, PS2's, etc. should be restricted only to the backseat!
                  http://twitter.com/DisneyBrat
                  www.foursquare.com/user/disneybrat
                  http://www.facebook.com/Melissa.M.Solorzano

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: In-car advertising? WTH?!

                    Originally posted by Disneyphile View Post
                    Sorry. That was me. :shy:



                    What's worse - I saw a guy driving on the 5 while watching TV on a screen mounted to his dash. I hope there will be laws that would outlaw some of that.
                    :evil: Naughty Disneyphile!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: In-car advertising? WTH?!

                      Originally posted by claribella View Post
                      Agreed and an even BIGGER distraction when they are watching PORN! And yes, I did see this while driving in Hollywood.
                      Hmmmm, I could save a bundle by cruising Hollywood and not rent any porn...................
                      sigpic

                      This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: In-car advertising? WTH?!

                        Originally posted by Druggas View Post
                        Hmmmm, I could save a bundle by cruising Hollywood and not rent any porn...................
                        :lol: Way to look for the silver lining Druggas!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: In-car advertising? WTH?!

                          Originally posted by LlamaLover View Post
                          :lol: Way to look for the silver lining Druggas!
                          Ha yeah! :lmao:

                          Ta Da!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: In-car advertising? WTH?!

                            I've seen trucks driving along the roads (not interstates) that have rotating billboards built in them....

                            the TV is a newer verison i guess...

                            Comment

                            Get Away Today Footer

                            Collapse
                            Working...
                            X