This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pictures of WA. beaches.

Hello everybody. I got back earlier tonight from the WA coast and the whole time I was there I was thinking "Must take pictures for Micechat. Must post thread, get post count up. Must have better ocean pictures than tassie's".

"Ahem"

Anyways here are some pictures.

Ocean Shores

It was cloudy when we got there yesterday, so we had lunch and my mother and I went into town to look around (boring). When we got back we headed to the beach and the sun started to come out. Within a half hour it was clear and pleasant. Enjoy the Ocean Shore pictures.

The first picture I took

a group of birds or an eighties band?

My parents and sister put a kite in the air.

beach shots. Ocean Shores has a nice sandy beach.

Sunset shots.

We retired to our hotel room to view the sunset. Here are the best pics I took.

I'll post more pictures soon.

Re: Pictures of WA. beaches.

Here is Ruby Beach, which is to the north of Ocean Shores. I took a brief look, but I did not go any farther than this. The walk down would not be negotiable for my sister.

It looks real pretty and I want to go back someday to really get down there to check it out.
    I'm going to post the rest tomorrow. So enjoy.
    Last edited by Melonballer; 09-14-2006, 01:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Melonballer View Post
      Here is Ruby Beach, which is to the north of Ocean Shores. I took a brief look, but I did not go any farther than this. The walk down would not be negotiable for my sister.

awww you were thinking of ME!!!! LOL LOL

That pic is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!!!
      How far from where you are? they're all great pics!! ..especially this one!!Thanks:squeeze:

Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
      Tassie, I found a quote for ya :lol:!

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

Charles M. Schulz
      Originally Posted by MWalton
      :lol: Did the pages take that long to reach around to your part of the world?!? :lol:

Comment

Yep micechat was on my mind. I told my mom that I got to get some good shots to beat out all the great ocean shots that have been popping up on Micechat the last few weeks, including yours. She figured I would not be able to beat your pictures from Queensland.

Its at least 3 hours from Bremerton. It would be less, but you have to go around the Olympic Mountains which adds a lot of time.

Comment

I can't wait to see that area. it always looks so beautiful and GREEN!!!
          Want to see what my area looks like?? wide, flat and BROWN!
          http://www.tmbamall.com/ecards/card015.jpg

I could never see anything like that beautiful pic of Ruby Beach in Queensland. And, the beach pics I posted?? I don't know if you heard about it or not, but at the beginning of this year the beaches were closed because hundreds of sharks were really close to shore in a feeding frenzy. It was amazing, but scary! I'd rather your type of beach

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

Charles M. Schulz
          :lol: Did the pages take that long to reach around to your part of the world?!? :lol:

Comment

Wow! Those are gorgeous!

Comment

Absolutely awesome!! I actually love the moody gray skys around the ocean.... gray/foggy is something I never see where I am, I miss it!

That pic that Tassie quoted is perfect!!! It looks like something that would be on a postcard or in a travel brochure!!!! If you have more, we are looking forward to seeing them!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
              all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

oooooohhh I loved them, wow a lot of logs on the one beach, weird and kind of cool. I loved these, you made me feel good today hon. thank you so much!!! I can not wait to take some of santa cruz in 22 days!!!

Comment

Purrrrrty pics
                  ~~~:ap:~~~

Comment

Thanks for the compliments everyone. I will post more later tonight when I have the time.

Comment

The only "beach" I have been to since I've been here had rocks for sand and came equipped with dead floating seals.

Ta Da!

Comment

Originally posted by claribella View Post
                        The only "beach" I have been to since I've been here had rocks for sand and came equipped with dead floating seals.

where is this beach at? I never heard of a rocky beach :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by hakuna makarla View Post
                          where is this beach at? I never heard of a rocky beach :lol:
                          yeah no kidding...I actually have no clue where it is as my aunt took me there the second week I was up here in July.

Ta Da!

Comment

Ok here are the rest of the pictures.

Rialto Beach

I have spent more time at Rialto Beach than probably any other in the world. It is easily accessible. It is a rocky beach with lots of driftwood.

It was hazy when we got there.

However, it cleared up.

Cake Rock. I hear it is full of chocolate.

You can see how close the forest is to the water.

And there you are. I love the driftwood on this beach. Its fun to climb up on and just sit and watch the waves. It's far enough back that you don't have to worry about the waves hitting the wood. Enjoy the photos.

Comment

beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!!!

Charles M. Schulz

Comment

I love rocky cold beaches, kind of like my Labor Day trip to Bodega Bay...I posted a thread about it earlier this week. Thanks for posting these. It is a goal of mine to get to some of the Oregon and Washington beaches one of these days. I will have to keep these in mind.

Comment

Reminds me of Goonies

But when I think beaches.. I think of places like the Outter Banks.. Hawaii..
                                  Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
                                  Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Originally posted by sleepyjeff
                                  Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Comment

Originally posted by flynnibus View Post
                                    Reminds me of Goonies
                                    That makes sense since they filmed it in the Northwest.

Comment

For anyone who would like to look at video of Rialto Beach, here you go.
                                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7lutz6c6_k

Comment

Stunning photos.

Is the New Jersey still docked in Brementon? I remember seeing it there in the 80s. I used to spend a couple weeks in the summer at Port Ludlow as a kid.
                                        -AmandasDad

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X