Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Indian tribes take blame for 9/11 , Tsunamis, Katrina, Shuttle Columbia, and Bush

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indian tribes take blame for 9/11 , Tsunamis, Katrina, Shuttle Columbia, and Bush

I understand them wanting to protect their sacred space, but....

Tribes: Ski Resort Desecrates Sacred Mountains

Appeals Court Asked To Intervene

POSTED: 8:21 am MDT September 13, 2006
    UPDATED: 8:32 am MDT September 13, 2006

Email This Story | Print This Story

SAN FRANCISCO -- A dozen Indian tribes want a federal appeals court to block upgrades to an Arizona ski resort they said already desecrates the mountains they hold sacred.

The San Francisco Peaks overlooking Flagstaff are revered by the Navajo, Havasupai, Hopi and other tribes.

But on their western slope rests what the tribes said is an affront to their religion: the 777-acre Arizona Snowbowl ski resort.

The tribes said the sacred peaks' desecration may have caused the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks, the tsunami, recent hurricanes and the Columbia shuttle crash.

A federal judge ruled in January that the tribes "failed to present any objective evidence that their exercise of religion will be impacted by the Snowbowl upgrades."

The tribes are asking the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals to overturn that decision and block the resort improvements.
    Last edited by OogieBoogie; 09-14-2006, 02:51 PM.
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

Re: Indian tribes take blame for 9/11 , Tsunamis, Katrina, Shuttle Columbia, and Bush

I'm so sick of the American government walking all over the Native Americans. They were here first and they're amazing people, give them a break for once and treat them humanely.

Comment

Re: Indian tribes take blame for 9/11 , Tsunamis, Katrina, Shuttle Columbia, and Bush

Originally posted by OogieBoogie View Post
      I understand thier reasons, but....
      Is Bin Laden part Navajo? :blink:

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
      Working...
      X