This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting it under control

So, I just started high school last week. So far, i hate it. I have an incredible load of homework that is interfereing with my life. Today I had 4 hours of homework. Also, so many ...issues have came up. Remember, i'm only a freshman, and so are my friends. So far
    1 has beacame pregnant
    1 started cutting and is now suicidal
    1 is on drugs
    And the other is Anorexic.

So, all in all, High School is bleh
    How did everyone else get through it?

Re: Getting it under control

I only went into High School with one friend, since I was new to the area, and by the time I graduated I knew so many people. You'll make more friends in High School. You just got to start talking with other classmates.

Some days, the homework will be bad and other days it won't.

Study for your finals though. My whole graduation came down to my Economics class and I barely passed it with a D. But I did pass luckily. So pay attention in class too .

Comment

Originally posted by pveticket View Post
      So, I just started high school last week. So far, i hate it. I have an incredible load of homework that is interfereing with my life. Today I had 4 hours of homework. Also, so many ...issues have came up. Remember, i'm only a freshman, and so are my friends. So far
      1 has beacame pregnant
      1 started cutting and is now suicidal
      1 is on drugs
      And the other is Anorexic.

Wow! That's a lot of really heavy issues for your friends to be dealing with at such a young age! I'm so sorry!

I hope your friends know that there are places they can get help. In Santa Cruz, they have a center for unwed mothers, a suicide hotline, several drug rehab clinics and a few eating disorder clinics. There are also several church organizations that can help teens struggling with the first three issues. Please tell your friends to not be afraid to seek help. There are lots of caring , non judgmental adults they can turn to for support!

I myself was anorexic in college for a few months and I went to a great support group which is why I was able to recover so quickly!!

Hang in there! Things will get better! And take good care of yourself!!!

Comment

yup... High School kinda sucks now.... my school (thankfully) isn't that bad

Comment

Get new friends or try to help them out.

Do you hang out with the wrong crowd? Ex: Goths, bros, etc.

Comment

I think I went to high school in a bubble. I knew that stuff was going on at my school but I didn't know anyone that it happened to.

Here's my homework tip: Do the easy assignments first. You'll save time that way.

Comment

Originally posted by barfownz View Post
              Get new friends or try to help them out.

Do you hang out with the wrong crowd? Ex: Goths, bros, etc.
              Oh no not at al, i have many friends most of which are extremely careing and nie, they are a select few who are having trouble. I havent been very close to them in the last couple of months though (the "problem" ones)

Comment

Sounds like lovely friends. I hope you're strong enough to support them without becoming screwed up yourself!!! Stick to your morals and ethics - get your homework done (don't ever fall behind). Most of all, keep us updated here at MiceChat and we'll give you all the "virtual" support you need!
                sigpic
                Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Comment

Yep, high school sucks at first, but it gets better! There's always some sort of drama going on (I'm caught up in one of my own right now).

You have two options when it comes to your friends problems: A) Find new friends (which is doable but is never easy) or B) Try to help your current friends through their problems. I think you should do a little of both, you don't want to get too caught up with their problems and have a completely miserable high school experience, but completely ditching them wouldn't be very wise.

As for homework, well, it's something you gotta do. I had 3 hours of it today, and thats excluding the studying I have to do for my tests tomorrow. Sometimes you have a little, sometimes you have a lot. You get used it after a while.

Don't worry dude, high school seemed really intimidating and hard at first for me too, but it gets better with time.

Comment

I hated High School, but you'll live. The best you can do is be there for your friends and help them any way that you can.

Homework: good luck with that. It'll get easier as the semester goes on, trust me, once you find your pattern.
                    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

Comment

Junior year was the funnest year in my opinion.

Comment

When I was a junior, half the female population of the sophomore class at my school was preggers.

On top of that... freshman year we were the largest class in the history of the school. Senior year we were the smallest class (more than half dropped out or moved/transferred to other schools).

Next year marks 15 years since graduation. Of all the friends I made back then I only keep in touch with one yet today and just barely at that (I wasn't one of the "A Group" kids but I had several friends). I didn't even bother with my 10 year reunion and from what I heard I didn't miss much. I just can't justify spending a bunch of money to fly home to see a bunch of idiots I couldn't give a flying rat's patooie about seeing again.

Maybe I'm just jaded and bitter... heh.

Comment

I'm currently a junior in High School and Most people i was good friends with in middle school are now "different" if you know what i mean.

Comment

Originally posted by pveticket View Post

alcohol and vivrin or no doze....also i took all my class load when i was a freshman and sophmore...by the time I was a senior I was only on campus for 3 classes......looking back I don't kow how I got all a's and b's...I seriously drank alot...LOL...I don't advocate it. It's a different world now, but try to find something you like where you can get rid of your stress...maybe batting cages,....

my daughter plays the sims online and writes songs/poems....it seems to help her..

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X