X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: uuuggg, current events....

Originally posted by Joshrzmeup View Post
    Same here. I'm just glad they don't make you do them in college.
    Heheh... that's what YOU think!

Just wait till your finance professor asks you what the Fed's up to, or your econ professor wants articles on the economy! Just wait till the ONLY newspaper you can find articles in (that can actually be found outside B&N) is the WSJ!

(Actually, I highly recommend the Wall Street Journal. They never bug you with stupid celebrity crap, and if they do, the news is only a few columns anyway)

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Comment

Originally posted by Morrigoon View Post
      Heheh... that's what YOU think!

Just wait till your finance professor asks you what the Fed's up to, or your econ professor wants articles on the economy! Just wait till the ONLY newspaper you can find articles in (that can actually be found outside B&N) is the WSJ!

(Actually, I highly recommend the Wall Street Journal. They never bug you with stupid celebrity crap, and if they do, the news is only a few columns anyway)
      Being a history major, i've never been asked about current events since we talk about stuff in the past. If they ask, usually some know-it-all kid will answer and he'll get into a discussion with the professor about it for 10 minutes, which is fine by me
      Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

Comment

Originally posted by sunnygirl View Post
        Debiz, why do you hate kittens and rainbows?
        Where'd you pull that one from??
        Debbie

Some people only dream of angels....
        I held two in my arms.....
        In memory of
        :angel:Troy and James :angel:

Comment

If you think current events are murder, try a Constitutional Scrapbook. You had to have a newspaper article dealing with an amandment or part of the constitution, and then outline what it is, how it relates and such, for about 20 of them. Yeah, I hated Government class in High School. But it beats doing the senior research project I would have had to do at my old high school.
          Pardon me for being what some might call a "nerd" or "geek" or "dinosaur"...but there's something about the attitude I see in this post that really bugs me. Keeping up with current events...yeah, that's murder boy. And actually taking some time to find out about our Constitution, one of the greatest governing documents ever written, and finding out how it still applies to life in the 21st century?

To find out, in essence, what it is that people fight and die for? (Political viewpoints of the conduct of some wars, aside.) And why so many people in other parts of the world would cut off their right arm to come here?

I see. Put a little legwork into it, I'm sure you'll do a wonderful job. On your own.
          I don't think Sunnygirl was being mean-spirited. I know that I'm not, and I agree with her.

--Barry
          God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Being a history major, i've never been asked about current events since we talk about stuff in the past. If they ask, usually some know-it-all kid will answer and he'll get into a discussion with the professor about it for 10 minutes, which is fine by me

I had to find current events articles for my "Europe since 1945" history class. The professor made us get a subscription to the New York Times for the semester.

Comment

Originally posted by Debiz1123 View Post
              Where'd you pull that one from??
              Your brother told me you kicked the sweet baby kitten, and that you frown whenever you see a glorious rainbow in the sky.
              Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Comment

Your brother told me you kicked the sweet baby kitten, and that you frown whenever you see a glorious rainbow in the sky.
                Sorry, but my brother wouldn't talk with or be seen with you!
                Debbie

In memory of

Comment

Not worthy?
                  What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

Comment

Cat fight!

Comment

Originally posted by splashmountainfreak View Post
                      Cat fight!
                      Nobody messes with my SunnyG...NOBODY.
                      What an idiot....

Comment

Originally posted by Debiz1123 View Post
                        Sorry, but my brother wouldn't talk with or be seen with you!
                        That's right, it was your daddy. *slaps forehead* Silly me, they look so much alike!

Debiz, I can tell you haven't been out of the litter box for long, you reek strongly of kitty pee.

Comment

Originally posted by Tui View Post
                          Nobody messes with my SunnyG...NOBODY.
                          Not even Debiz?

Comment

Not even Debiz?

Especially not Debiz.

Maybe somebody should tell her, I don't think she knows...

Comment

Not even Debiz?
                              :lmao: You slay me!
                              What an idiot....

Comment

Here's the deal, Debiz, you are officially on notice, kid. I have my eye on you.

Out of respect for the mods and everybody else who doesn't need this bs, I'm taking the high road and leaving this thread before it gets ugly.

But I'm taking the sweet innocent kittens with me.

Comment

Here's the deal, Debiz, you are officially on notice, kid. I have my eye on you.

Out of respect for the mods and everybody else who doesn't need this bs, I'm taking the high road and leaving this thread before it gets ugly.

But I'm taking the sweet innocent kittens with me.
                                  Yeah, thats probably the wise thing to do.

Anyway, lets get this thread back on track! Today in Social Studies we had to read a current events article, and give 2 questions for debate in the class. One girls article sparked a very heated one, in which one guy was saying that all Muslim countries are evil and everyone else was screaming at him.

Good times.

Comment

uuuugggg.... not again.... Debiz or whatever is my mom, she gets rather 'posty' in her post if she feels different about it, but everyone has the right to express their opinion, so I'm not really sure exactly but, any articles? :sleep:

Comment

That's right, it was your daddy. *slaps forehead* Silly me, they look so much alike!

Debiz, I can tell you haven't been out of the litter box for long, you reek strongly of kitty pee.
                                      Ya know you need to grow up, I don't know what your problem is, I wasn't hostile to you, just stated a fact about what FWD was doing, and you flipped out.

I didn't respond to your post back to me - "Hey thanks for clearing that up for me, Debbie" so you decide to bring my family and whatever else into it, how mature is that, I have no clue why you went there??

And please don't threathen me with this "On Notice" stuff, since I couldn't care less about it, so put me "On notice".

Debbie
                                      Debbie

In memory of

Comment

Originally posted by Debiz1123
                                        Ya know you need to grow up,
                                        Personal Attack

I don't know what your problem is,
                                        Personal Attack

I wasn't hostile to you
                                        Now you are.

Debiz, let me tell you something. Take everything you read on this message board with a grain of salt. Most of the "hostility" you are reading into is all meant in good fun. If someone pokes you, poke them back! That's all it is, no one is seriously going to insult your family and mean anything by it. ( a few might, but they won't last long on the board.)

Learn to laugh with others, and learn to laugh at yourself.
                                        What an idiot....

Comment

Originally posted by Tui View Post
                                          Personal Attack

Personal Attack

Now you are.

Debiz, let me tell you something. Take everything you read on this message board with a grain of salt. Most of the "hostility" you are reading into is all meant in good fun. If someone pokes you, poke them back! That's all it is, no one is seriously going to insult your family and mean anything by it. ( a few might, but they won't last long on the board.)

Learn to laugh with others, and learn to laugh at yourself.
                                          Why is it okay for her to be hostile to me??? Do I see any smilies??? No I don't, usually when people joke, they add smilies
                                          Debbie

In memory of

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X