This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kitty issues:

Hey all, were having some issues with our kitty and were hoping somebody with more knowledge of this stuff can help us.

On Monday night Kristi calls me at work about 8pm and is hysterical. She's saying that our cat died ... but then she woke up.

Apparently what happened was this:

Our cat, Patches, was laying down in the hallway. Kristi got up to take a bath and noticed that she was laying on her stomach, not breathing and her head was straight down. Her face was ON the carpet.

So she starts calling her, nothing. Louder, nothing. Yelling, nothing. She doesn't see her moving, anything. So then she picks up the phone to call me and our daughter comes over and pokes her. She then proceeds to get up, walk into the bedroom and eat.

So this is when Kristi calls me.

Now, over the past few days the cat has been by my side whenever I am home. I haven't been getting home until about 1230am due to work and she's waiting by the door. She usually sleeps on Kristi's side of the bed, but now it's mine. And not just on my side, but right up against me. She's not this lovable, even to me.

So my question is, what could have happened? She seems okay, she eats, sleeps, go's, etc. She doesn't act like she had a stroke, she has full function of all limbs, etc. Is she posessed now? Is she going to end up like the cat in Pet Cemetary and kill us all?

And to top it all off, today we got a Kids National Geographic and the cover story was about pet ghosts!!! LOL!!!

Re: Kitty issues:

Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    So my question is, what could have happened? She seems okay, she eats, sleeps, go's, etc. She doesn't act like she had a stroke, she has full function of all limbs, etc. Is she posessed now? Is she going to end up like the cat in Pet Cemetary and kill us all?
    OMG!!! That's funny!

But seriously, nobody saw anything happen to the cat? She might have had a kitty seizure. She knows something is wrong and that's why she's so cuddly.
    That's my initial guess, but I'm no veterinarian.

I just play one on MiceChat!
    A signature should go here.

Comment

Hmmmm ... you might want to sleep with the lights on tonight ... and put a bell around kitty's neck so you can hear her coming!
      One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

Originally posted by Mouse princess
      Of course I am worried about your mental health. I want happiness for all. Like we can all be like the Smurfs. But without Gargomel. He was mean.

Comment

Definitely something to watch for. It sounds like a crazy kitty thing. In other words, something that makes no sense. Perhaps she had an out of body experience.

Comment

Heck it's a kittie life after all! Not to worry, as long as everything is going well....maybe it was the visit at our house.....told you!
          Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
          it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

Our cat is very strange too. I've ssen her lying on the floor like there is something wrong and then in a matter in seconds, she's back running all over the place.

Also, for some reason, she always wakes me up at 4:00 AM by scratching the bedspread next to me. Thank goodness she had been declawed when I adopted her.

Last edited by mikeland; 09-15-2006, 07:50 AM. Reason: Added pic of Kitty

Comment

Originally posted by wolfy999 View Post
              Heck it's a kittie life after all! Not to worry, as long as everything is going well....maybe it was the visit at our house.....told you!
              LOL!!! Maybe just the 'thought' of getting another kitty made her mad.

My Mom just said "That was one of her 9-lives".

Here is a picture of our BFK (Big Fat Kitty) taken the other night. She's in her favorite spot, and she's there right now too.

Last edited by sir clinksalot; 09-15-2006, 07:19 AM.

Comment

[/quote]

She looks like you caught her on a bad day

YOUR CATS ARE ADORABLE....
                Originally posted by aashee (Farter Extraordinair)
                Wow. If regular MiceChatters saw this thread they might think we are normal. Thanks Dan & Gina!

Comment

Hey all, were having some issues with our kitty and were hoping somebody with more knowledge of this stuff can help us.

On Monday night Kristi calls me at work about 8pm and is hysterical. She's saying that our cat died ... but then she woke up.

Apparently what happened was this:

Our cat, Patches, was laying down in the hallway. Kristi got up to take a bath and noticed that she was laying on her stomach, not breathing and her head was straight down. Her face was ON the carpet.

So she starts calling her, nothing. Louder, nothing. Yelling, nothing. She doesn't see her moving, anything. So then she picks up the phone to call me and our daughter comes over and pokes her. She then proceeds to get up, walk into the bedroom and eat.

So this is when Kristi calls me.

Now, over the past few days the cat has been by my side whenever I am home. I haven't been getting home until about 1230am due to work and she's waiting by the door. She usually sleeps on Kristi's side of the bed, but now it's mine. And not just on my side, but right up against me. She's not this lovable, even to me.

And to top it all off, today we got a Kids National Geographic and the cover story was about pet ghosts!!! LOL!!!

Im going to tell you in short what happined to mine and summers cat "Cali". I am not sure if summer already told you... however.

Cali was a kitten when this happened. It couldnt have been more than a few weeks after we got cali. One day me and summer were cleaning the house when christina comes in the room holding cali by her paws up in the air and crying. Christina must have been 5 years old at the time. What had happened was that christina was swinging cali arround in circles like she would one of her teddy bears. This was after we repeatedly told her not to touch the cat and stay away from the cat unless we were around.

We usualy keep kittens in separate rooms as they are growing up as to keep them away from possiable hazzards like 5 year olds and only take them out under our supervision. Unfortunatly the door was left open and she wandered into christina's room where all this happened.

The Cali was not breathing or moving and was totaly limp. Summer was partialy crying and we told christina to get in her room out of complete and utter frustration. I told summer to call the vet and while summer was looking through the phone book cali seemed to wake up. Her eyes were kind of moving left to right a bit and I immediatly knew what happened. She was just dizzy and passed out from all the spinning.

Cali is in perfect health ofcourse and christina learned her lesson. It was obviously very traumatic for the cat but also for christina. Since then christina has been very careful with all 3 of our cats. Lessons learned all around.

I am guessing something similar happened here. :cwink:
                  sigpic and they call it bella notte....

Comment

I don't think it would hurt to give the vet call. Very reassuring for your piece of mind, IMO.

Comment

Maleficent, our black kitty, has done that a couple times. I think it's just a deep sleep, really.
                      [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Disneyphile View Post
                        Maleficent, our black kitty, has done that a couple times. I think it's just a deep sleep, really.
                        I was thinking that too. I've seen our cat do that once or twice as well.

Comment

I agree with Migo, get thine cat to a vet....just to be sure. Or it could be DP's advice. A deep sleep!!!!!
                          Katie :yea:
                          Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
                          :sc: FIGHT ON!!!!!!

Comment

Yeah, you never want to mess with animal health issues...if you wait too long and there IS a problem, it's only going to cost you more money. Plus, you want to ensure your animal buddy is A-OK.

Comment

Take her to the vet, she may have suffered a stroke or a seizure.
                              Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Comment

Hey, I've been a vet tech for 5 years and it sounds like maybe your cat had a seizure.Sometimes pets have seizures that aren't the kind where there twiching and stuff ( grand mal seziure).These seizures they just stop moving for a little while.The not breathing part is very scary,thats not normal sezuire behavoiur.Definatly take her to a vet really soon, maybe have them do some bloodwork just to make sure she is ok.How old is she? Other common bad kitty things can be heart failure and kidney failure and sadley theses things happen to young and old cats.Pm me after you take her to the vet, I'm curious what happen to her.
                                Originally posted by LlamaLover
                                Okay I just have to derail this thread one more time because JCG that was not a bad joke, it was high-lar-e-us! It is a good thing I was not drinking something because it would have ended up all over my screen. This image of your cat, fully dressed, requesting a photo shoot (in an English accent mind you) just really got to me. Wow, I need to go catch my breath and maybe see what was in that bottled water I was drinking earlier...

Comment

Definitely take her to the vet for a checkup. Better to be safe than sorry.

I have to take my JT to the next month for his annual checkup & shots. Oh joy. it takes two people to hold him down while the vet does his job because he freaks out so much. He growls and hisses so much but it's all "talk"... he's the biggest chicken ever!

Comment

I would take her to the vet also. My male cat was acting really off, very lethargig, drinking non-stop and peeing liek a race horse...turns out he has diabetis and it was expensive to diagnois and get it under control, but I'm glad I found out what was wrong with him.

Comment

My old cat, Sweetheart (who lived to be 21) would do this in her later years, especially when the carpets would be vacuumed--I guess it was just a reaction to the stress. I hope your cat's OK now!

Comment

Charlie, my 16 years old cat recently got an infection that made him bleed whenever he went to the litter! We even resorted to putting him a diaper until we went to the vet. Turned out he had eaten something bad and it had irritated his bowels... After 2 weeks of medication (and many claw marks on my arms), he's fine now. He just eats all the time, like before.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X