Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yarrrr.... it be International Talk Like A Pirate Day, it be!

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yarrrr.... it be International Talk Like A Pirate Day, it be!

Ahoy mateys,

Fer them of ye wot don't be ownin' a proper pirate caledar (or them wot cain't read it), tehday be the one we salts be callin' International Talk Like A Pirate Day.

So ye landlubbers go yer merry way, but remember yer "arrr"s!

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Re: Yarrrr.... it be International Talk Like A Pirate Day, it be!

Aaaaaaaaaar - If'n it be "Pirate" Day, then talk like a pirate I will mates.

:captain:
    Listen up you scourge rats, fire at Will. I don't know him, but fire at him anyway

- Dusty Saaaaaaaage
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
    Save

Comment

Which one be Will?

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Comment

AYE, Talk Like a Pirate Day, ARGGGGGHH!!!

Properly warned ye be sez I!

:captain:
        Follow me on Twitter and Facebook.

Comment

I'm going to AAAARRRRRby's for lunch!
          "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

Where be the Rum?!?!?!?
            Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
            An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
            Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
            Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Where be Pirate Tui? :captain:
              I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it.
              That explains the trouble that I'm always in...
              sigpic

Comment

Pirate Tui: Aye! Here I be! But fer now I be headin' off t' lunch.
                What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

Comment

Arrrrrgh.... For lunch, I had Yarrrrrkisoba.
                  -Tim

Comment

Arrrg me maety. Me lookin' for some pirate booty.

Comment

Oi vey! After reading book after book of pirate history, it seems as if pirate talk has been largely inflated and become the brunt of joke for many historians.

Look at the reference in the first pirates film when Orlando Bloom's character says "Avast" and Sparrow shoots him a look like "who the hell says that?"

Well that would the first step in a long process to correct the Hollywood version of pirates that we have all embraced, the same way we embraced cowboy lore prior to correctionist films like "Unforgiven" and "Dances With Wolves" and even "Deadwood"

Dang thats a cool idea, a pirate show like Rome or Deadwood- that would give historians a real voice!

Comment

Aye, the "Hollywood version" of talkin' like a pirate be originatin' with actor Robert Newton, who played the scurvy devil Long John Silver in 1950's "Treasure Island", ARRRRRRGHH!!! And as all good pirates know, "Treasure Island" were a Disney film it were.

So, when we be "talkin' like pirates," we be honorin' Pirate Captain Walt, a good man and a good pirate.

ARGGGGGGHHHHH!!!! :captain:

Comment

And my college has the Pirate mascot! Yay!

Comment

Originally posted by EagleWings View Post
                            And my college has the Pirate mascot! Yay!
                            What a feather in their cap.
                            What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

Comment

Disneyland: 1998, 2005

Disneyland Paris: 1992, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011

Comment

Originally posted by ah schucks View Post
                                Oi vey! After reading book after book of pirate history, it seems as if pirate talk has been largely inflated and become the brunt of joke for many historians.

Look at the reference in the first pirates film when Orlando Bloom's character says "Avast" and Sparrow shoots him a look like "who the hell says that?"

Well that would the first step in a long process to correct the Hollywood version of pirates that we have all embraced, the same way we embraced cowboy lore prior to correctionist films like "Unforgiven" and "Dances With Wolves" and even "Deadwood"

Dang thats a cool idea, a pirate show like Rome or Deadwood- that would give historians a real voice!

Screenwriter for POTC was a big pirate buff. PotC is just about the most accurate set of pirate pics made so far...
                                -Tim

Comment

Originally posted by Aladdin View Post
                                  Where be the Rum?!?!?!?
                                  The run be in me Birthday thread. There be plenty fer everyone!
                                  Originally posted by aashee
                                  We are 100% grade A Disney Dorks.

Comment

Originally posted by BDBopper View Post
                                    The run be in me Birthday thread. There be plenty fer everyone!
                                    :clap: Free rum all round!

Disneyland: 1998, 2005

Disneyland Paris: 1992, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011

Comment

I'm not spongin' for rum! It be GOLD I'm after!

Comment

Arr. Who wants the redhead?

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X