X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MickeyMania
    replied
    Re: Hate Crime Reported

The phrase "hate crime" makes me roll my eyes. Crime is crime. If someone is doing something illegal, it should be reported. If someone is not doing anything illegal, it can be left alone.

This is not hard to understand.

Leave a comment:

• Kaye
    replied

Originally posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    Are you yelling at me?

Nah. I think TUI is being nice or you wouldve gotten this :evil: :judge: :mob: :rant: :rules: :argue: :!$#%: :verymad: :cmad: ....

Leave a comment:

• Tui
    replied

Are you yelling at me?
    Why? Can you hear me?

I captalized my posts, so it would stick out, and hopefully find its way into your cranium.

Leave a comment:

• Disneyland Daddy
    replied

Originally posted by Tui View Post
    Let me just clarify one thing....

JUST BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T GET THE SHAVING CREAM ON THE PAINT, IT DOES NOT CHANGE THE FACT THAT A HATEFUL MESSAGE WAS WRITTEN ON SOMEONE ELSE'S PROPERTY! IT IS A CRIME! IT WAS NOT THEIR PROPERTY, THEY ARE CRIMINALS!

You should've called.
    Are you yelling at me?

Leave a comment:

• Tui
    replied

It did appear to be a hate crime - but my initial thought was why were they not putting shaving cream on the paint? Shaving cream on paint is not good for the paint job and eats away the lustre of the paint. So, maybe if it was true HATE, they would have not cared about the paint job.
    Let me just clarify one thing....

JUST BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T GET THE SHAVING CREAM ON THE PAINT, IT DOES NOT CHANGE THE FACT THAT A HATEFUL MESSAGE WAS WRITTEN ON SOMEONE ELSE'S PROPERTY! IT IS A CRIME! IT WAS NOT THEIR PROPERTY, THEY ARE CRIMINALS!

You should've called.

Leave a comment:

• Disneyland Daddy
    replied

Originally posted by migo View Post
    I think in retrospect it's very easy for anyone of us to say "yes, we should have called the cops and WOULD have called the cops", yet in the moment, we don't know what we would have done.

I also think it would have been very easy for DD to see this as a prank on a friend...I don't know too many hate crimes that involve shaving cream on windows.
    Right on.

Leave a comment:

• Disneyland Daddy
    replied

Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    BINGO!!!! And just to add to this point ... you called it a "Hate Crime" in your OP, so that right there should tell you to call the police. But like SG said, I don't think anybody is mad at you for not doing this ... it's a good thing you did call and hopefully your descriptions will do some good. Then again, if the person who was vandalized doesn't report it, nothing will happen ... unfortunately.
    Thanks.
    I think part of me was also saying "What if it's a joke." I mean, when I was a teenager, we were always doing things to our friends cars...we used to go take the air our of their tires....or we would slather the tires with marshmallow cream.......or we'd put oscar mayer weiners under the door handles....just stupid stuff, but to the person who didn't know the situation, it might have appeared as vandalism.

It did appear to be a hate crime - but my initial thought was why were they not putting shaving cream on the paint? Shaving cream on paint is not good for the paint job and eats away the lustre of the paint. So, maybe if it was true HATE, they would have not cared about the paint job.

I don't know....many many things went through my head at the time....and then my wife in the car not feeling so well.......so I was not sure what to do.

I might have been calling the police on something that appeared to be a Hate Crime to me, but was actually just a stupid prank amongst friends.

Leave a comment:

• migo
    replied

I think in retrospect it's very easy for anyone of us to say "yes, we should have called the cops and WOULD have called the cops", yet in the moment, we don't know what we would have done.

I also think it would have been very easy for DD to see this as a prank on a friend...I don't know too many hate crimes that involve shaving cream on windows.

Leave a comment:

• Disneyland Daddy
    replied

Originally posted by sunnygirl View Post
    If you have to ask us if you should have called, chances are you already know you should have called, dude. I don't even need to pray for a night to know that.

I don't think anybody's "mad" at you, but shock or not, by now as an adult member of society, you know when to call the cops.
    Thanks but ouch.

Leave a comment:

• Disneyland Daddy
    replied

Originally posted by Tui View Post
    You should/should've call(ed)
    You're right. I should have called.

Leave a comment:

• Hakuna Makarla
    replied

exactly!! if you have a camera phone always snap a pic, thats worth a thousand words! and you got the fool in a picture. never let crime go ,never

Leave a comment:

• Kaye
    replied

DisneyDaddy...

I know you feel... A young lady came upto me in the train station and told
    me some guy was doing something offensive that she didnt like. When I saw what he was doing I to was shocked but was concerned that
    the young lady was scared to walk pass him. So I told her that I would walk with her pass the guy and just then the trained arrived.

I guess cause I was shocked and it didnt dawn on me to tell someone or even take his picture with my camera phone. So from that day forward i have my phone set so i can access the camera feature right away incase I had to take a picture.

Leave a comment:

• sir clinksalot
    replied

If you have to ask us if you should have called, chances are you already know you should have called, dude. I don't even need to pray for a night to know that.

I don't think anybody's "mad" at you, but shock or not, by now as an adult member of society, you know when to call the cops.
    BINGO!!!! And just to add to this point ... you called it a "Hate Crime" in your OP, so that right there should tell you to call the police. But like SG said, I don't think anybody is mad at you for not doing this ... it's a good thing you did call and hopefully your descriptions will do some good. Then again, if the person who was vandalized doesn't report it, nothing will happen ... unfortunately.

Leave a comment:

• Tui
    replied

:clap:

What she said.

Leave a comment:

• sir clinksalot
    replied

Time to stop the pirate talk for a post:

But yeah ... personally I would have done something. This day and age even TPing a house can be considered a crime. I'm sure if you would have at least said something this might not have happened.

Leave a comment:

• sunnygirl
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Tui
    replied

You should/should've call(ed)

Leave a comment:

• Tinkerbelle
    replied

Yes, You should have called,

Whats more, you should call now, tell the police what you witnessed, Walgreens may not know if a report was filed, perhaps the person filed later....and now there are no leads....at least until you come forward.

Leave a comment:

• AlohaStitch
    replied

Also, it is potentially damaging...shaving cream left on a car can stain the paint.

Leave a comment:

• DMof2
    replied

Oh how sad

What a world....

Well, Dis Dad I can understand you being in shock- I would have been too.

Lets hope and pray you won't witness anything like that again.

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X