X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some of you ruin your own magic.

Originally posted by KoH
    Dusty, can we start the Micechat hate club.
    Hate is a strong word here...

Conflict is good, it allows us to grow and explore ourselves and others... But having a dialogue involves respect and dignity...

It is all too easy to say something and having it press someone elses button...

I always found the "happiest place on earth" thing interesting social delema... Many times under that guise I have seen people searching for that little piece of happiness... But what does it say?

I believe Happiness comes from being content with the things you have... Filling the needs of individuals...

It doesn't matter how much we buy, how much rep we have, or whatever...

For DL it is about having a positive message for the Past, Present, and Future of America...

I always thought that MiceAge, like MiceChat is about exploring those messages, and try to get underneith them... Offering a differant point of view on the Disney Company...

That may be an unrealistic assumption... but hey... I think it makes the journey worth the while... Even when we find ourselves contributing to some of the issues...

I always wondered if we love DL to it's own demise... Like it is a tragidy of the commons... In order to make it beloved by everyone we have to strip it of any creative asthetic issue that causes conflict... thus running the park into the ground...

Anyway... those are just some thoughts...
    Check out my other blog:

Originally posted by KoH
    They seem to get in the way of the experience YOU want to have.
    I'm surprised you guys have not dialed in on the mentally impared.
    Oh damn, I forgot Catholics, Gay and Kinky people acting inapropriately.

Get a frigging grip on yourselves and enjoy the park the way it was menat to be enjoyed, not your idea of what it should be..
    "If it bleeds.. it leads".. the motto of network news..if there were no guts in the boards no one including you would read them..I agree that if you look for faults you will always find them and that the glass is half full.Whining is not fun either.

First off, if we "had a grip" we would be balanced, grounded, tolerent citizens of all base behavior, not living our lives spending countless hours on this board.

Second, I am "mentally impaired" so it is difficult to be objective.

Third, it's the silent tolerance of any and all bad behavior that has allowed our society slide into the depths it has sunk. If more people called others on their inconsiderate behavior rather than just letting bad acts go unpunished, we'd have stopped the cutting in the line at Ralph's and running turnsignals years ago. I have a grip... and it's on that kid that kicking my ankles in line!

Yours truly,

A fat, Pooh hating, gay, straight, stroller jabbing, spiel-spoiling, horny in line, spanish speaking princess.

Ok...it's just a rant... :devil:
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

Comment

Originally posted by KoH
      Get a frigging grip on yourselves and enjoy the park the way it was menat to be enjoyed, not your idea of what it should be.
      "That's all we're trying to do and those pesky guests keep ruining it for us."

I firmly believe that the majority of guests who pay full admission for a first time visit to Disneyland deserve the best show possible. DL appears to have taken major steps in correcting many problems that have lessened the impression that many have left the park with in recent years. What they can't do much about are the socially inept, rude and inconsiderate guests who are running amok in the park.

Discussion and debate is a good thing and if it makes another person aware of their intrusion into another person's space, I'm all for it. One particular poster in the past day or two is concerned about bringing a stroller for twins into the park and asked what proper etiquette is. There are thousands of other guests who don't even think about such a thing.

Disneyland was designed as an illusion. It offered an escape from the Cold War, paranoia and the hysteria about Communism that was rampant in this country in those early years. On the other hand people were fearful and had been taught how to behave.

That illusion has largely been shattered by a certain segment of the population who are loud, obnoxious, bad parents with spoiled children who have very few manners or know the words common courtesy. They feel everything revolves around "ME" and MY EXPERIENCE!"

Can you honestly tell me that most of things you listed as "HATE" issues don't annoy you and ruin your experience in DL?
      Last edited by desertdweller; 05-04-2005, 01:25 PM. Reason: spelling
      "America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between." Oscar Wilde

Comment

Originally posted by desertdweller
        Can you honestly tell me that most of things you listed as "HATE" issues don't annoy you and ruin your experience in DL?
        Yes, I can honesl\tly say the things thatthe things listed above don't bother me. It is part of the experience. Why make people dance to your song? Why are you so important? If these things bother people so much, then stay home.
        >>Alan<<
        Member 216

Comment

You forgot APs. We seem to be the butt of many a joke.

Comment

I compeletely agree with you Koh. I mean, sure sometimes I get annoyed with those things, but I get over it and have fun! That small of an issue should not affect everyone the way it has. JUST HAVE FUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Not Afraid
              You forgot APs. We seem to be the butt of many a joke.
              The AP's don't seem to get attacked on this board. I am just thankful this is not an AP nor gay bashing board.
              >>Alan<<
              Member 216

Comment

Originally posted by KoH
                The AP's don't seem to get attacked on this board. I am just thankful this is not an AP nor gay bashing board.
                What about gay APs? :lol:
                Honor those who fall under the sword.
                But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

Comment

For the Gay APs...I'm Breakin' out the Paul Lynde joke book...

Peter Marshall: True or false...research indicates that Columbus liked to wear bloomers and long stockings.
                  Paul Lynde: It's not easy to sign a crew up for six months...

Peter Marshall: Paul, how many men are on a hockey team?
                  Paul Lynde: Oh, about half.

Peter Marshall: What do you call a man who gives you diamonds and pearls?
                  Paul Lynde: I'd call him "darling"!

There you have it..don't say i never try to lighten things up..darling.
                  "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

Comment

Originally posted by KoH
                    Yes, I can honesl\tly say the things thatthe things listed above don't bother me. It is part of the experience. Why make people dance to your song? Why are you so important? If these things bother people so much, then stay home.
                    Well...aren't you taking some offense to a few clearly stated thoughts of mine.

You have verified what I was complaining about in my post concerning bad behaviour by asking why people have to "dance to your song." It's that feeling of entitlement people seem to have ingrained in them today.

Sing along with the attractions, laugh and scream, while running over and bumping into others with your strollers as much as you want. I think it is inappropriate and ruins the experience for many of us.

I don't feel that I am "so important" AND...I have stayed at home since 2001, mainly because of the obnoxious guests. Disneyland isn't the problem any longer...IT IS the guests.
                    "America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between." Oscar Wilde

Comment

o_o whoa

It's not so much that some of these things BUG ME TO THE POINT OF EXPLODING

^^; I don't mind it, the only time it ever annoys me if it's RIGHT THERE INFRONT of me. (ei: two feet away in a line)

The only generic thing that bugs me is loud teenagers.. which is kinda odd considering I'm one...

But since it's Disneyland, and after the trip, I'm way more likely to say "The Tower of Terror Rocks!" other than "my trip sucked because of noisy kids"

Comment

live and let live folks :monkey:
                        Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
                        Help support the site you love:
                        -Visit the MiceChat store
                        Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
                        MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by KoH
                          I'm surprised you guys have not dialed in on the mentally impared.
                          Considering the apparent state of Education in this country, we can pretty much presume about 97-99% of Americans fit that description. Why would the overwhelming majority weigh in against themselves?
                          "Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservative." - John Stuart Mill
                          -
                          "We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home." - Edward R. Murrow
                          -
                          "It's far easier to fight for your principles than it is to live up to them." - Adelai Stephenson
                          -
                          Reason for the Season? Tilt of the planet's axis. Oh, you meant the holiday season? That's easy - Feast of Saturnalia. Disagree? That's nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Flint
                            Considering the apparent state of Education in this country, we can pretty much presume about 97-99% of Americans fit that description. Why would the overwhelming majority weigh in against themselves?
                            And, considering that the Reagan Administration emptied thousands of mentally ill patients onto to the streets as "out patients" while closing mental hospitals is deplorable.

Oh, the horror...the Horror!

Comment

OY, don't even get me started on Reagan... the man deserved every agonizing minute of his decline.
                              "Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservative." - John Stuart Mill
                              -
                              "We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home." - Edward R. Murrow
                              -
                              "It's far easier to fight for your principles than it is to live up to them." - Adelai Stephenson
                              -
                              Reason for the Season? Tilt of the planet's axis. Oh, you meant the holiday season? That's easy - Feast of Saturnalia. Disagree? That's nice.

Comment

Originally posted by dramaqueen
                                I'm in dramaqueen's camp on this one! :bow:
                                Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Comment

While Nancy sat by and wrung her well manicured hands.

Comment

it seems KoH seeks attention. i mean come on, if u have such a big problem with the opinions of the users, i have a solution...find a different forum. very few of your comments are positive.
                                    Last edited by Captain Zissou; 05-04-2005, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Indeed...she likes to stir the pot.

Comment

Originally posted by dramaqueen

DramaQueen has been quoted once but I think it's the best statement in this thread and deserves to be repeated again!
                                        procrastibating

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X