Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Encyclopedia Venture

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Encyclopedia Venture

    I saw a guy on Oprah last week who had read every encyclopedia in some big set. I've never read a single encyclopedia, I don't know how many there are, and I don't own any.. but now I want to follow his footsteps and do the same. Can I find encyclopedias at the library?

  • #2
    Re: The Encyclopedia Venture

    As far as I know yeah. I remember when you could buy them at the grocery store.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: The Encyclopedia Venture

      Originally posted by EagleWings View Post
      I saw a guy on Oprah last week who had read every encyclopedia in some big set.
      This is an accomplishment? Hell, I'd done that by the time I was 10. I loved reading the encyclopedia when I was a kid. Oprah must really be hurting for show topics.

      Originally posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
      Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

      Originally posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
      Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: The Encyclopedia Venture

        Originally posted by Hyperbole View Post
        This is an accomplishment? Hell, I'd done that by the time I was 10. I loved reading the encyclopedia when I was a kid. Oprah must really be hurting for show topics.
        Did you highlight your encyclopedias? I did. :geek: I looooved my encyclopedia set. And my atlas. I still have the atlas. It's huge!

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: The Encyclopedia Venture

          Yah, that guy is writing a book entitled, "My sad, pathetic life as a lonely virgin."



          Comment


          • #6
            Re: The Encyclopedia Venture

            Originally posted by Max Fischer View Post
            Yah, that guy is writing a book entitled, "My sad, pathetic life as a lonely virgin."
            Subtitle: "Anyone Wanna Touch My Action Figures?"

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: The Encyclopedia Venture

              Originally posted by stinkerbell View Post
              Did you highlight your encyclopedias? I did. :geek: I looooved my encyclopedia set. And my atlas. I still have the atlas. It's huge!
              Nah, my mom wouldn't let me. Oh yes, the atlas is awesome! I used to spend an inordinate amount of time reading the atlas too. I knew I liked you!!

              Originally posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
              Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

              Originally posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
              Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: The Encyclopedia Venture

                Originally posted by Hyperbole View Post
                Nah, my mom wouldn't let me. Oh yes, the atlas is awesome! I used to spend an inordinate amount of time reading the atlas too. I knew I liked you!!
                My set was mine, all mine!! My atlas is funny now, as many countries have been re-named. It's how my kids know I'm super old. Also, it's HUGE and it cost $19.95. :lol: Nowadays, the same atlas is almost $100.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: The Encyclopedia Venture

                  Originally posted by EagleWings View Post
                  I saw a guy on Oprah last week who had read every encyclopedia in some big set. I've never read a single encyclopedia, I don't know how many there are, and I don't own any.. but now I want to follow his footsteps and do the same. Can I find encyclopedias at the library?
                  Yes, in the reference area though most libraries will not let you to check out the most recent version they have you may be able to check out the older versions.
                  :love: Always keep smiling because you never know who is falling in love with it.:love:
                  --------------------------------------------------------
                  :ghug:Part of the Disney Ohana:ghug:

                  --------------------------------------------------------

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: The Encyclopedia Venture

                    My parents bought us the Encyclopedia Britannica while we were still in grade school, also The National Geographic Atlas.

                    They were essential for us when doing homework and some of my favorite reading materials all those years. I still often take the Atlas off the bookshelf while reading the news.

                    A side note: Many Mice Chatters are very fond of posting quotes from Wikpedia. I've gone to their site many times recently because it's convenient and find that some of the information posted can be wrong.
                    "America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between." Oscar Wilde

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: The Encyclopedia Venture

                      If you go to the Library, many Libraries will not let you check out reference works such as this. You'll need to read it at the library.

                      *edit* Bleh... I need to start getting posts in faster.
                      -Tim

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: The Encyclopedia Venture

                        Originally posted by desertdweller View Post

                        A side note: Many Mice Chatters are very fond of posting quotes from Wikpedia. I've gone to their site many times recently because it's convenient and find that some of the information posted can be wrong.
                        I find wikipedia to be useful for the kind of stuff I want to know, such as movie info, music info etc.

                        But I would never use it to back me up in an argument.
                        What an idiot....

                        Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: The Encyclopedia Venture

                          Reading an encyclopedia is no great feat.

                          Let him come over to MC and get a high post count.

                          Then we're talking.
                          sigpic

                          This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: The Encyclopedia Venture

                            Originally posted by Tui View Post

                            But I would never use it to back me up in an argument.
                            I will (and have) used it to back me up in a knife fight, but you're right about arguments, it loses every time.

                            Dang it!



                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: The Encyclopedia Venture

                              (My husband is actually reading this guy's book. It's called The Know-it All, and is pretty funny.)

                              Yes, you can find encyclopedias at the library in the reference section. Where the reference materials are located.
                              A signature should go here.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X