This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scorpion in the bed

Did you know that getting stung in your knee by a scorpion can be painful? I found that out last night when I crawled into bed and was stung on the inside of my left knee when I rolled over! It freaking hurt and caused my knee to go numb. Fortunetly it was small, only an inch to inch and a half.

Just wanted to rant and post my pain as I work up the courage to go to bed tonight.........

Re: Scorpion in the bed

AUGH!!! Shake out the sheets!!!

That's flippin' scary. My parents' house had a brown recluse scare a while back, and that was pretty nerve-wracking. But scorpions are more...tangible than spiders. And pointier.
    They are the Disney Princesses and their goal is world domination. -Mary McNamara | LA Times / AP

Fall 2004: Fantasyland Attractions

Comment

I can remember camping in Sonny Meadows near Yosemite and waking up the next morning to scorpions all over the camp. Luckily we had good ground cover underneath our tents and camp area.
      Hope your knee heals up quickly.
      1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

That is SCARY!!! And CREEPY!!! EEEEEEEEK! Glad you are ok though but jeeze, how scary is that?!

Comment

WTF! OMG that would be it for me. Funny thing....just last nite we had a centipede scare...this crawled out from under the couch I was sitting on in the tv room. Uh...how does THIS get into a home?

Comment

oh my gosh! This is one of my biggest fears! Well, not necessarily of a scorpion in the bed, but just anything in the bed that should not be there! That's really scary, but I'm glad you're okay!

Comment

A friend of mine used to live in Arizona. She told me how one night her mother came into her room to check on her while she slept. Her mother quietly woke her up and told her not to move. Apparently there was a large tarantula on her pillow next to her head. hmmm , Ya know I got to ask her how that turned out, I don't remember. I know it did not bite her, but I am not sure if they caught it and threw it out side or if they killed it. All I know is that story was enough to keep me from ever wanting to live there.

Comment

Originally posted by Melonballer View Post
                A friend of mine used to live in Arizona. She told me how one night her mother came into her room to check on her while she slept. Her mother quietly woke her up and told her not to move. Apparently there was a large tarantula on her pillow next to her head. hmmm , Ya know I got to ask her how that turned out, I don't remember. I know it did not bite her, but I am not sure if they caught it and threw it out side or if they killed it. All I know is that story was enough to keep me from ever wanting to live there.
                Then you don't want to live in Texas. I did for 2 years and all insects, bugs and spiders are about 100 times bigger than normal size...and they are everywhere.

Comment

well, I hope everyone sleeps well tonight

Comment

Originally posted by quasimodo1384 View Post
                    well, I hope everyone sleeps well tonight
                    Ha yeah...tell me about it!

You know..do tarantulas even bite? I mean I know they have fangs and such but I've seen people hold them and they just crawl around. I'm sure if they do bite they only do when they are threatened. I wonder what a tarantula bite is like...ugh.

Comment

OMG. Scorpions in your bed?!?! That would freak me out. Heck, ants in my kitchen freak me out. A scorpion would send me over the edge.

Glad you're okay!
                      One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

Originally posted by Mouse princess
                      Of course I am worried about your mental health. I want happiness for all. Like we can all be like the Smurfs. But without Gargomel. He was mean.

Comment

Originally posted by claribella View Post
                        Then you don't want to live in Texas. I did for 2 years and all insects, bugs and spiders are about 100 times bigger than normal size...and they are everywhere.
                        yup, I just threw up in my mouth reading that... Glad your not dead HUH? I had two friends bitten by brown recluses last year and the swelling (and draining of fluids :yuck was pretty bad, but they're both luckily fine.
                        "Tonight I wash my hands of you
                        You set the bar I could not live up to
                        Tonight the light is breaking through
                        So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
                        Zebrahead

Comment

Originally posted by claribella View Post
                          Nope not interested in living there either or New Mexico. Basically I have no intention of living south of Washington.

Comment

The other night I had a marmot scare. Someone threw him in the tub while I was bathing...

Comment

Now I am so glad I live in Montana I can not tell you! everything dies !! if I ever was not happy you all convinced me, this state is awsome. none of the bugs you have, and thank you god!!!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X