• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mousey Girl
    replied
    Re: Scorpion in the bed

Originally posted by claribella View Post
    I was under the impression that a scorpion sting was deadly? I guess not...which is a good thing for the OP and others who had the unfortunate luck to run into one. I have yet to have a bad run in with a bug or spider or insect.
    Depends on the type. The ones I used to encounter were small, pale to the point of being nearly see through. We were told that their sting was no worse than a bee sting...unles you are allergic to bees.

Leave a comment:

• Loomis
    replied

With a thread title like this, I thought this would be a little spicier!

Still, that's gotta ouch. The worst I've had was an unexplained colony of ants. My girlfriend got the worst of it though.

Leave a comment:

• clara
    replied

I was under the impression that a scorpion sting was deadly? I guess not...which is a good thing for the OP and others who had the unfortunate luck to run into one. I have yet to have a bad run in with a bug or spider or insect.

Leave a comment:

• EagleWings
    replied

I'm so not sleeping now. Thank god for California and having a bunk bed and sleeping on top.

Leave a comment:

• HUH?
    replied

Originally posted by Stitchy-poo View Post
    WHERE THE HECK DO YOU LIVE THAT A FREAKIN SCORPION BIT YOU?!

I live near the Lewisville lake here in Texas, so I get to put up with the little buggers every now and then. Very rarely do I ever see any of these things get in the house and I have never see them anywhere but the floor, they have never been on furniture of anysort before.

Anyways, it didn't hurt all that long, my knee just stung for ten minutes and then went numb for 45 minutes or so. I guess it could have been worse.

Thanks all

Leave a comment:

• Stitchy
    replied

cats help???? What'd you do...let them bite the cats?? Like a mouse trap only for scorpions? Instead of cheese..you use kitties?

Leave a comment:

• NemoZorro
    replied

About 6 months ago I had several scorpion stings on my feet and ankles. Apparently I had disturbed a social gathering of some kind. Long story short, my ankles were a bit freakish and painful for a while.

We live in AZ, but I saw more scorpions in the southeast than I've seen here. Cats help. Tarantulas aren't bad once you get over the fear of their size; just big happy spiders. That being said, don't think I want to share the bed with one.

Leave a comment:

• Stitchy
    replied

WHERE THE HECK DO YOU LIVE THAT A FREAKIN SCORPION BIT YOU?!

Ahhh, great...why do I stick around here? You people are making my life much harder...with the purse germs and the frog salad and now, scorpions in the bed...geez...what are ya'll tryin to do to me? Anyone know where I can get a giant plastic bubble...cheap?

Leave a comment:

• Olympicnut
    replied

Originally posted by CordyBidl View Post
    But interesting note - they are not smart. If you put a scorpion on a mirror, it will sting itself to death... (yes, I have done this - how stupid was I as a child?)
    Clearly not as stupid as the scorpion

Leave a comment:

• frecky
    replied

Id have problems sleeping. My boy has to do a bee check before he goes to bed everynight because he finds at least one a day in his bed.

Leave a comment:

• BFJen
    replied

I always heard that the smaller the scorpion the more dangerous it is. I lived in Arizona for a year, and was scared to death to "run into" one.

Leave a comment:

• CordyBidl
    replied

I totllay sympathize as I too have been stung by a scorpion in the bend of my right knee....years and years ago and I still remember the pain.

I grew up in Texas so they were (and still are) a part of life there, last time I was home for 3 days - there were 3 scorpions inside our home. My sister will tell you about the time when 4 scorpions were in her bed after falling from the Duran Duran posters she had on her ceiling. I can tell you about the first time I ever saw one - I was 4, we picked up a floor mat, there it was and we screamed and ran while it charged...

But interesting note - they are not smart. If you put a scorpion on a mirror, it will sting itself to death... (yes, I have done this - how stupid was I as a child?)

Leave a comment:

• DMof2
    replied

Ewwwww Ewwwwwwww Ewwwwwww

So glad I'm in the north east where we don't have to deal with scorpions!!!

My best friend moved to AZ just about 2 years ago and has sold her first house there due to scorpions!

EWwwwwwwwwwwww EWwwwwwwwwwwwww EWwwwwwwww!!!

Sorry you got bit Huh? but glad you are ok!

Leave a comment:

• Hakuna Makarla
    replied

Now I am so glad I live in Montana I can not tell you! everything dies !! if I ever was not happy you all convinced me, this state is awsome. none of the bugs you have, and thank you god!!!

Leave a comment:

• Barbossa
    replied

The other night I had a marmot scare. Someone threw him in the tub while I was bathing...

Leave a comment:

• Melonballer
    replied

Then you don't want to live in Texas. I did for 2 years and all insects, bugs and spiders are about 100 times bigger than normal size...and they are everywhere.
    Nope not interested in living there either or New Mexico. Basically I have no intention of living south of Washington.

Leave a comment:

• Hector
    replied

Then you don't want to live in Texas. I did for 2 years and all insects, bugs and spiders are about 100 times bigger than normal size...and they are everywhere.
    yup, I just threw up in my mouth reading that... Glad your not dead HUH? I had two friends bitten by brown recluses last year and the swelling (and draining of fluids :yuck was pretty bad, but they're both luckily fine.

Leave a comment:

• IndianaJenn
    replied

OMG. Scorpions in your bed?!?! That would freak me out. Heck, ants in my kitchen freak me out. A scorpion would send me over the edge.

Glad you're okay!

Leave a comment:

• clara
    replied

Originally posted by quasimodo1384 View Post
    well, I hope everyone sleeps well tonight
    Ha yeah...tell me about it!

You know..do tarantulas even bite? I mean I know they have fangs and such but I've seen people hold them and they just crawl around. I'm sure if they do bite they only do when they are threatened. I wonder what a tarantula bite is like...ugh.

Leave a comment:

• quasimodo1384
    replied

well, I hope everyone sleeps well tonight

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X