• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kelly
    replied
    Re: what do do while in vegas??

Originally posted by G.I. Mom View Post
    OK Kelly I had to do a little research since I was curious too (I'm going to be in Henderson visiting my mom for Christmas!)

check out:

http://www.opportunityvillage.org/content/?c=28

it looks like fun!
    thanks for the info I book marked it

Leave a comment:

• G.I. Mom
    replied

Originally posted by kelly View Post
    Hi vegas micechatters have you ever heard of opportunity village (where all the christmas lights are).. i ahve heard so much about it on 106.5 radio and have no clue where it is.. we want to take the kids.. let me know I would really appreciate it thanks
    OK Kelly I had to do a little research since I was curious too (I'm going to be in Henderson visiting my mom for Christmas!)

check out:

http://www.opportunityvillage.org/content/?c=28

it looks like fun!

Leave a comment:

• HDAlien
    replied

thanks been there and loved it the girls were scared of the sharks though
    Understandable, particularly at the end, where you can stand over the acrylic floor, but, being a diver here, I'd give almost *anything* to dive that tank! But I understand the girls being a little scared of it all.

HDAlien

Leave a comment:

• kelly
    replied

Originally posted by HDAlien View Post
    I didn't read through the replies, but the aquarium at Mandalay Bay was awesome! And definitely family friendly.

HDAlien

thanks been there and loved it the girls were scared of the sharks though

Leave a comment:

• HDAlien
    replied

Ok i have been here almost a month. and am wondering what fun things there are to do here??

of course.. there is gambling, and I love that, we have done the tourist thing on weekends, go on the strip and walk through the hotels (love doing that),

but what other things are there to do here? especially for families? is there a las vegas zoo, festivals, etc
    I would love to hear from anyone who has some input?

thanks in advance
    I didn't read through the replies, but the aquarium at Mandalay Bay was awesome! And definitely family friendly.

HDAlien

Leave a comment:

• kelly
    replied

Hi vegas micechatters have you ever heard of opportunity village (where all the christmas lights are).. i ahve heard so much about it on 106.5 radio and have no clue where it is.. we want to take the kids.. let me know I would really appreciate it thanks

Leave a comment:

• kelly
    replied

Originally posted by hebessica View Post
    If you've ever been to an original pancake house here in So Cal, it's similar. WAY better than IHOP! They also have a decent lunch/dinner menu...
    that sounds great I am going to have to tell the hubby about it.. thanks

Leave a comment:

• hebessica
    replied

If you've ever been to an original pancake house here in So Cal, it's similar. WAY better than IHOP! They also have a decent lunch/dinner menu...

Leave a comment:

• kelly
    replied

Originally posted by hebessica View Post
    It gets pretty cold in Vegas. I know last year there were snow flurries out in the Henderson area around Christmas time, but nothing that really stayed on the ground. Depending on how cold-resistant the girls are, they might need winter coats. Something like a nice wool coat from Burlington would probably be fine for them.

On a side note, have you been to Blueberry Hill yet? It's the best breakfast place in town. They have REALLY yummy pancakes. I guess the closest one to you (that I know of, at least) would be the one on Decatur just before Sahara. It's a little bit of a drive from Summerlin, but definitely worth it! Now I want chocolate chip pancakes... :::SIGH:::
    thanks for the info.. no never been to blueberry hill.. that sounds great though.. what else do they serve?? I want pancakes now) lol

Leave a comment:

• hebessica
    replied

It gets pretty cold in Vegas. I know last year there were snow flurries out in the Henderson area around Christmas time, but nothing that really stayed on the ground. Depending on how cold-resistant the girls are, they might need winter coats. Something like a nice wool coat from Burlington would probably be fine for them.

On a side note, have you been to Blueberry Hill yet? It's the best breakfast place in town. They have REALLY yummy pancakes. I guess the closest one to you (that I know of, at least) would be the one on Decatur just before Sahara. It's a little bit of a drive from Summerlin, but definitely worth it! Now I want chocolate chip pancakes... :::SIGH:::

Leave a comment:

• kelly
    replied

Yep me again asking vegas questions.. guess everyone here has noticed the winds recently... very very cold northern winds.. does this happen alot in vegas?? I just am wondering what to expect on my first winter here.. like how cold does the temperature get, etc? do the girls need winter coats or are fall coats warm enough?

Leave a comment:

• kelly
    replied

does anyone who lives in vegas know if there are things for kids to do for halloween, what i mean is, are there any halloween events in the city, like where the kids can go trick or treating (in a park, mall, etc).. i am just thinking about what to do on halloween with the girls. we normally go door to door, but if there was something different this year i would lvoe to do it.. thanks

Leave a comment:

• kelly
    replied

Originally posted by awesomemama View Post
    Sounds about right. Buffalo and washington--just hop on the 95, and head north. You'll come to the turnoff fairly quickly, but you have to drive for a while to get up the mountain.

are there signs on the 95?? that say mt charleston??

Leave a comment:

• awesomemama
    replied

Sounds about right. Buffalo and washington--just hop on the 95, and head north. You'll come to the turnoff fairly quickly, but you have to drive for a while to get up the mountain.

Leave a comment:

• kelly
    replied

Kelly, sorry, just saw this. It reallyd epends on what area of Summerlin you live in.... do you know where the 215 and the 95 meet in the norwest area of town? (where the superwalmart and the sam's club are?) It's about a 30 minute drive from there.
    As far as what to do....yup, hiking and picnicing. There are some pretty water falls to hike to if you are adventurous.

yes we are close to that i think.. we are near buffalo and washington... i would say then it would be maybe 30-45 minutes from us

Leave a comment:

• awesomemama
    replied

Kelly, sorry, just saw this. It reallyd epends on what area of Summerlin you live in.... do you know where the 215 and the 95 meet in the norwest area of town? (where the superwalmart and the sam's club are?) It's about a 30 minute drive from there.
    As far as what to do....yup, hiking and picnicing. There are some pretty water falls to hike to if you are adventurous.

Leave a comment:

• kelly
    replied

hi people in vegas................ i was wondering how far in mount charleston from the summerlin area? (where we live) i was thinking about doing a family excusion maybe tomarow or next weekend to check it out..

what things can you do there this time of year? i know there isnt skiing yet, but i guess hiking and having a picnic? i need some input,, thanks

Leave a comment:

• kelly
    replied

Originally posted by OogieBoogie View Post
    2 words... strip clubs

ok i am sure my 4 and 5 year old will like that.. LOL:lol:

dont think i would love it but hubby sure would:lol:

Leave a comment:

• OogieBoogie
    replied

2 words... strip clubs

Leave a comment:

• kelly
    replied

Kelly,
    Everyone is suggesting great things to do in Vegas. But, really, you will find (if you haven't already) that most locals don't spend as much time on the strip as tourists. It really is a family friendly town, and not everything costs an arm and a leg!
    I've been thinking about what else the kids and I do during the winter. Summer--I can think of lots, but with school and all, we don't do so much in the winter, plus, lots of the kid friendly stuff is only in the summer.
    The one big thing we do a lot.....go to Disneyland!
    What kinds of things did you do with the s in CA? I'll keep thinking, and let you know......
    when we were in ca we went to the zoo, the beach., DL of course, knotts, universal studios sea world, aquarioum of the pacific.. walks in the park

we have been doing the trouist thing on weekends the STRIP only because the girls and i love walking asround the stores

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X