Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wife is Pregnant and HORMONAL - HELP!

Just nod your head and say "yes dear" - a lot. My biggest relief was getting a foot rub and a facial and head massage! Also, just do whatever she wants. I know it's a big thing to ask - but, she's going through a lot.

I had 2 c-sections. One wasn't scheduled the other was. Both were interesting. I was in the hospital for 5 days each.

Like everyone has said, just be patient and as helpful as you can. So far, it's sounds like you're doing a great job!
    sigpic
    Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Comment

Dude, just do whatever she says. If she wants pickles and ice cream, get it for her. Just nod and say, "Yes, dear."
      Trust me.

Comment

Try to keep her mind occupied with less stressful things than finances and such. Even if your financial situation is secure, just looking at "serious" things like that so late in pregnancy is liable to send her into a crying fit. I know it would have done the same to me when I was pregnant!

Maybe pick her up some light reading books, like something from the "Chicken Soup for the Soul" series. I think there's one for moms-to-be.

Have you guys gotten "What to expect the first year" yet? It's a good read, and something she may enjoy right now.

Rent some light harted comedies to watch, play some board games, take a stroll around the block. Just keep activities stress-free and enjoyable.

Most of all, make sure you're both getting plenty of sleep. In a week you'll be wishing you could!!!!

Originally posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
        Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Comment

Originally posted by Deanna View Post
          Is she having any noticable contractions, or is it all just wild emotional swings?

She's had noticeable contractions......but not frequent enough to go into the hospital. Doc doesn't want her to go into labor, to make her recovery from the cesarean easier. However, if she DOES go into labor, then we need to head straight to UCI Medical Center - where we are having the baby. (Wonderful hospital, I might add - great labor/delivery ward).

Get this - I just got off the phone with her. The 'water man' just showed up to check out water pressure and she tells me "Oh......I know you told me not to do anything strenuous......but I re-cleaned the kitchen and then got on the floor and scrubbed."

I wasn't furious - but I did tell her to stop doing that and get rest. She said she would.

Would this be the "nesting period" I have read about?

Comment

One again, congratulations!!
            It sounds like your doing a great job already. Im sure your wife appreciates everything your doing. Only a week to go !! Hang in there, it will all be worth it.
            Mark

Contribute to my Johari or start your own!!
            http://kevan.org/johari?view=MarkS01

Comment

Pretty Much.. I started painting my kitchen cabinets... I was bored to tears, my son was a month late. YIKES!!!
              What better way to turn 10 years old! A birthday bash with all of his friends!

Comment

Originally posted by mousecrazy View Post
                Pretty Much.. I started painting my kitchen cabinets... I was bored to tears, my son was a month late. YIKES!!!
                I was 3 weeks late and so was my wife and I said, "Hey honey, that makes 6 weeks you'll be late." She didn't seem to thrilled about that.

HAA HAAAHAHAAAHH

Comment

I am about 5 weeks from delivery and I am going through pretty much the same thing myself. It really really sucks. She is telling the truth about not knowing why she is crying, I do the same thing. But even with not knowing the reason, it still feels just as bad/sad.

Sadly, many women are not so lucky to have such an understanding or willing partner, so she is lucky there. Just make sure you never make her feel like there is something wrong with her like saying "I think you are losing your mind" or something dumb like that. I am sure you already know better, but some guys aren't so smart.

Only 7 days left, so you have that to look forward to at least!! Big hugs to your wife, I really feel for her.
                  Last edited by TinkPink; 10-11-2006, 02:36 PM.
                  �In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.� -Michael Jackson

Comment

Originally posted by mousecrazy View Post
                    Ugh I WISH nesting would set in for me! I don't feel like doing a darn thing!! :lol:
                    �In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.� -Michael Jackson

Comment

I hope my husband is as wonderful, helpful and understanding as you've been when we decide to have a baby!!!

Congrats!!
                      :ap: How much longer? Are we there yet? Why aren't we there yet?:yea:

Comment

Originally posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
                        Would this be the "nesting period" I have read about?
                        Sounds like it! Hang in there!
                        A signature should go here.

Comment

I went home for lunch today - which is not something I usually do - and when I got there she had my sandwich all made, cantaloupe chunks ready and a Gatorade! How cool is that!?!?!?

She'd also scrubbed the toilets, the kitchen floor too - which I was not to happy about. I told her 'Hon- you need to cool it.' Then we went in to eat and come to find she also put together one of our two strollers that hadn't been put together yet.

Nesting? OH YEAH!

Comment

It sounds like you're doing a wonderful job! Just remember that the hormonal stuff doesn't magically go away once the baby is born. Those hormones have to slowly come back down from pregnancy levels.

FYI: If your wife gets a big energy surge (one of my patients said she felt like she could build a house), it could be a sign of early labor.

Early congratulations on your little miracle!
                            Sarchasm- The gulf between the person using sarcasm and the person who doesn't get it.

Comment

Just be there for her. Reassure her that everything will be ok, you guys can face anything and still make it!

Comment

Originally posted by Jolie View Post
                                FYI: If your wife gets a big energy surge (one of my patients said she felt like she could build a house), it could be a sign of early labor.
                                Interesting! Thank you for that helpful bit of info! Thanks for the congrats too!

Comment

DD you are AWESOME! Man! Like I've told you before...wished I could CLONE YA! Ha! My ex-husband (AKA the DEVIL) had me going up and down stairs, two at a time, when I was 1 week from due date...he is the devil...have I mentioned that?!

Anyway, like everyone else has said..you are doing good just letting her cry, hugging her, giving her some love. That is all she needs. I did my share of bursting into tears alot when I was very pregnant...I don't think it was hormonal though..more of "being married to the DEVIL" syndrome.

OH and this:

Originally posted by DMof2 View Post

Is the cutest thing I've ever seen! ha!

Ta Da!

Comment

Originally posted by TinkPink View Post
                                    Ugh I WISH nesting would set in for me! I don't feel like doing a darn thing!! :lol:
                                    Me neither!

Also- I have GD- a little chocolate is not an issue- just up the dose of insulin
                                    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Originally posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post

Anyway.....I know this is a long story here, but does anyone out there have any advice of what do to "OTHER" than what I have done already? I don't think I have done a bad job thus far, but if you have any tidbits to assist me, that would be so totally helpful!

Thanks!

DisDad

Chocolate for her and a good stiff drink for you! LOL Just kidding about the drink.

I think you're doing what you can...being there for her and loving her unconditionally.

Just tell her this won't last forever...her hormones will eevntually subside and you're both going to have a beautiful baby in a few more days....congratulations!!!

Comment

Unfortunately there is nothing you can do. Those hormones are horrible the last few weeks. I was on bed rest for the last 3 months of my pregnancy and those last 3 weeks I was done, I did not want to be pregnant anymore. Just help her keep comfortable and let her know you love her and her hormones.
                                        By the way...the hormone craze doesn't immediately go away. I still cried for some reason at 9:15 every night for the first 5 weeks after. Have no idea why.

Comment

postpartum depression
                                          Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X