Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Neuhickmans are MOVING to California!

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Neuhickmans are MOVING to California!

We can't wait either! Every other hour we find another reason that moving is the best option. Remember, we're going to be in DL Dec 6-10 also. We'll be with family. But, we'd love to hang out!

Comment

Great news!

Comment

Yay! Congrats!

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Comment

Originally posted by neuhickman79 View Post
          We're very excited about the upcoming move. The bridge in my avatar(or the one that WAS there) is the Calatrava addition to the Milwaukee Art Museum! NOW it's the Tower Bridge in Sacramento!!!!

YES!! I knew I wasn't crazy. My fiance is a big Calatrava fan and I think, after visiting the Sundial in Redding, that I am a convert.

The Tower is a lovely bridge as well.

You know, my fiance is from Indiana and we were just there last week and realized how much cheaper it would be to buy a house there, plus his family would be overjoyed to have us in state. But I really think that, like you two, I would miss California and Sacramento WAY too much. I am happy that you are so excited to be moving back.

Comment

Woo hoo! :yea: Welcome back to California, aka the best place on earth (Is anybody gonna try to argue with that?? We have Disneyland, case closed :judge: ) btw, If I walked 300 feet to the west I'd be lookin' at that stupid yellow bridge.
            I find it hard
            It's hard to find
            Oh well, whatever, nevermind

Comment

Originally posted by LightBeer View Post
              Woo hoo! :yea: Welcome back to California, aka the best place on earth (Is anybody gonna try to argue with that?? We have Disneyland, case closed :judge: ) btw, If I walked 300 feet to the west I'd be lookin' at that stupid yellow bridge.
              You must live in the Capitol Towers?...or somewhere nearby!....cause I KNOW you don't live in THE Towers(as yet unfinished!) I'd love to live 300 ft from the Tower Bridge!....HERE:

Comment

LB, you have:

smog
                traffic
                high prperty taxes
                over priced homes

But yes you do live near DL...but still....there are places that are better than CA....but I just moved from there and am spoiled with 0 traffic.
                Katie :yea:
                Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
                :sc: FIGHT ON!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Disneykat View Post
                  LB, you have:

smog
                  traffic
                  high prperty taxes
                  over priced homes

But yes you do live near DL...but still....there are places that are better than CA....but I just moved from there and am spoiled with 0 traffic.
                  Everyone wants to be here. My family is here...no humidity, no snow, no tornadoes, and no earthquakes. Correct me if I'm wrong...but, I have heard that Sacramento is either #1 or #2 safest city in the U.S. when it comes to natural disasters! PLUS, my family is here and there's not as many Republicans....sorry to say...but, that is one of the main reasons for moving back to California...the rabid Republicans here!

Comment

Everyone wants to be here. My family is here...no humidity, no snow, no tornadoes, and no earthquakes. Correct me if I'm wrong...but, I have heard that Sacramento is either #1 or #2 safest city in the U.S. when it comes to natural disasters! PLUS, my family is here and there's not as many Republicans....sorry to say...but, that is one of the main reasons for moving back to California...the rabid Republicans here!
                    Yep, built on granite, literally solid as a rock. Barely felt the '89 bay area quake. We get floods every so often, but if you know where to live in town then you usually don't have to worry about it too much.

Oh, we've got republicans here too, but they are usually in Rocklin or Elk Grove. Stay near the city center and you are a bit better off.

Comment

Originally posted by lisaboo View Post
                      Yep, built on granite, literally solid as a rock. Barely felt the '89 bay area quake. We get floods every so often, but if you know where to live in town then you usually don't have to worry about it too much.

Oh, we've got republicans here too, but they are usually in Rocklin or Elk Grove. Stay near the city center and you are a bit better off.
                      Well, the state as a whole is a lot more open to change and people who are different. I was telling my husband the other day, "People didn't die to live in Wisconsin. There's no movies about people and their trek to Wisconsin. But, when you're talking about California, dreams and hope of a life that could be come to mind and make people long for something better." To me, California is that something better. I'm not saying California is perfect in any way. But, I believe that it is the greatest state in the country. It has one of the most diverse populaces and one of the most diverse landscapes. I will be glad to get back to the place I once called home and call it home again...and I will be even more glad to be there with the love of my life, Eric, and starting a life that has much more hope and, of course, many more trips to Disneyland!!!!!!

Comment

Well, the state as a whole is a lot more open to change and people who are different. I was telling my husband the other day, "People didn't die to live in Wisconsin. There's no movies about people and their trek to Wisconsin. But, when you're talking about California, dreams and hope of a life that could be come to mind and make people long for something better." To me, California is that something better. I'm not saying California is perfect in any way. But, I believe that it is the greatest state in the country. It has one of the most diverse populaces and one of the most diverse landscapes. I will be glad to get back to the place I once called home and call it home again...and I will be even more glad to be there with the love of my life, Eric, and starting a life that has much more hope and, of course, many more trips to Disneyland!!!!!!
                        Agreed. And can I say you and your husband are adorable and so in love. It makes me positively misty! :gladsad:

Comment

Good luck on the move, you two!! I'm glad you'll be back!
                          <o>

Comment

Awww, sweetness, I may be overly biased because I've spent my whole life here in sunny Southern CA, but I can assure you, this is a wonderful place to live. The people are beautifully diverse, there are so many cultures coming together and (for the most part) meshing wonderfully. The weather is positively tremendous most of the year. The ocean is my favorite part of living here, I can't think of very many things that come close to how beautiful our beaches are.

I cannot tell you how happy I am to hear you'll be returning with your true love. You will definitely live happily ever after.
                            Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Comment

I really had no idea we'd be getting such a warm welcome. I think this has made it a LOT easier for Eric. He actually posted something!!! VERY EXCITING!!!

Comment

WHATever! We're not all a bunch of Michael Newdows you know :thumbdown
                                I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it.
                                That explains the trouble that I'm always in...
                                sigpic

Comment

So are you calling me red?! I feel insulted...oh well. I know it is a bad comparison, but I stick out like a big blue thumb in Rocklin lol. It's bad certainly, but it's a wonderful little town, city, whatever it should be called.

Comment

Originally posted by Jennidisneyfer View Post
                                    WHATever! We're not all a bunch of Michael Newdows you know :thumbdown
                                    I'm sorry, I just went to EGHS and I positively hated it. I know it is different now. Although best friend's parents live there still and they are some of the most conservative people I know.

And some of my family is originally from the Roseville/Rocklin area and they aren't all the most open-minded folks.

My biases were showing there. Oopsie! Obviously ALL people in those areas aren't republicans, just a larger percentage than other parts of the greater Sacramento area.

Comment

Well, either way...a California Republican is better than a Midwest Republican anyday.

Comment

You must live in the Capitol Towers?...or somewhere nearby!....cause I KNOW you don't live in THE Towers(as yet unfinished!) I'd love to live 300 ft from the Tower Bridge!....HERE:

No no, Its a 2-3 minute drive up I-5 to get to the Tower bridge from here. I just meant I can see it if I walk 300 feet to the west.
                                        I find it hard
                                        It's hard to find
                                        Oh well, whatever, nevermind

Comment

Popping in to say.....

YAY!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X