Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How about Spell Check?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How about Spell Check?

    Not sure if this is where I should post this thread....but we need to have a spell check option.....everyone agree?

    Driving me nuts how a lot of posters either can't spell (or can't type)!

    No offense to anyone, of course....
    Last edited by wolfy; 05-12-2005, 04:37 PM.
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!


    - Wolfette

  • #2
    Originally posted by wolfy999
    Not sure if this is where I should post this thread....but we need to have a spell check option.....everyone agree?

    Driving me nuts how a lot of posters either can't spell (or can't type)!
    Oh, wolfy, I love you for this. And I think it's long past time.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

    Comment


    • #3
      I agree. Though I am one of many guilty of misspelling. I try to find the mistakes and correct them though. But spell check would be nice
      Katie :yea:
      Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
      :sc: FIGHT ON!!!!!!








      Comment


      • #4
        I've quit reading numerous well thought out and pertinent posts because of the poor spelling. Don't know what could be done about the grammar.

        When I'm writing a thread or post I often use Word Perfect or MicroSoft Works to compose it, spell check it and then cut and past into MiceChat. This has been suggested numerous times in here but people don't want to take the time to do it.
        "America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between." Oscar Wilde

        Comment


        • #5
          I completely agree...our Lord Walt did not give us a brain only to end up being like the scarecrow in the upcoming TV Parable "Wizard of OZ". Our Lord Walt hath bestowed upon us a brain to use for His glory. For His is the Magic Kingdom, and all the powers of imagination, and the glorious Tinkerbell forever and ever...Amen! Can I get a Waltellujah?!??!

          Comment


          • #6
            Waltellujugh!

            Now, let's not start that again..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
            Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
            it's what they are like in their HEART!


            - Wolfette

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by desertdweller
              I've quit reading numerous well thought out and pertinent posts because of the poor spelling. Don't know what could be done about the grammar.

              When I'm writing a thread or post I often use Word Perfect or MicroSoft Works to compose it, spell check it and then cut and past into MiceChat. This has been suggested numerous times in here but people don't want to take the time to do it.
              I never thought of that DD, I admit to being very guilty of bad spelling on occasion, although I do try to go back and fix blatant mistakes when I see them. I apologize if my spelling has soured some towards reading my overabundance of postings.

              I will take your suggestion next time
              Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!



              Do you MiceChat?
              Help support the site you love:
              -Visit the MiceChat store
              Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

              DMCA for life, yo.
              MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by dramaqueen
                I never thought of that DD, I admit to being very guilty of bad spelling on occasion, although I do try to go back and fix blatant mistakes when I see them. I apologize if my spelling has soured some towards reading my overabundance of postings.

                I will take your suggestion next time
                Trust me my dear...you are the LAST one we need to worry about. You may be one of the smartest people on here(as far as I can tell from your posts)!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by desertdweller
                  I've quit reading numerous well thought out and pertinent posts because of the poor spelling. Don't know what could be done about the grammar.

                  When I'm writing a thread or post I often use Word Perfect or MicroSoft Works to compose it, spell check it and then cut and past into MiceChat. This has been suggested numerous times in here but people don't want to take the time to do it.
                  I do that sometimes too. It just depends on what I am posting. For example I am not doing it here. But if I do tend to write a lot I will fix it. I try my best but I don't think any of us are perfect. Some sort of checker would be nice, but then that probably includes more stuff to increase bandwidth. So for now I guess we'll just copy/paste? (ctrl-c, ctrl-v or apple-c, apple-v)

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by dramaqueen
                    I never thought of that DD, I admit to being very guilty of bad spelling on occasion, although I do try to go back and fix blatant mistakes when I see them. I apologize if my spelling has soured some towards reading my overabundance of postings.

                    I will take your suggestion next time
                    Thanks DQ but you'd be one of the last people I had in mind when I wrote my previous post in here.
                    "America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between." Oscar Wilde

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Wasn't talking about the occassional (is that spelled right?)word, it's the post where every word is incorrect or no capitals......what comes to mind right away is the word Tomoraw....that one got me!
                      Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
                      it's what they are like in their HEART!


                      - Wolfette

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        i dnt think we ned a spel chek, mi speling is impeckabel.


                        (it was only a matter of time before someone did that)
                        What an idiot....

                        Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Oh! You so beat me to it!












                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Club 33
                            Oh! You so beat me to it!
                            You need to be on top of these things Club 33! Don't worry though, with practice, your wit will be as quick as mine one day, but I doubt it.

                            What an idiot....

                            Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              People post here for fun. There are many other Disney sites that have killed themselves by forcing members to conform to their tough standards. Many of you are here as a result of that. We aren't going to start making people feel bad about something as trivial as mis-spellings. Although, It would be helpful if some of you did install a spell checker to your browser. I use one called SpellBound for Firefox. It is free and works well.

                              Hope this helps.

                              -The Dusty One
                              MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

                              Find us on Facebook: .

                              How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
                              Save

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Besides, if we had Spell Check, how would I amuse my friends?

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Originally posted by Dustysage
                                  People post here for fun. There are many other Disney sites that have killed themselves by forcing members to conform to their tough standards. Many of you are here as a result of that. We aren't going to start making people feel bad about something as trivial as mis-spellings. Although, It would be helpful if some of you did install a spell checker to your browser. I use one called SpellBound for Firefox. It is free and works well.

                                  Hope this helps.

                                  -The Dusty One
                                  About as diplomatic as one in authority can be! Thanks Dusty.

                                  (In other words, come on people. Take a second to proofread what you just wrote. Didn't you learn anything in 6th grade English? Have some pride in your writing ability. Oh, and one more thing: this is a messageboard, not text messaging on your phone!)

                                  I could sure use a spellchecker right now...
                                  "George Bush... is only for now."
                                  Avenue Q

                                  Just because it's gone doesn't mean I changed my mind! :cwink:

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Originally posted by Tui
                                    i dnt think we ned a spel chek, mi speling is impeckabel.


                                    (it was only a matter of time before someone did that)
                                    Oh, Tui, I DIED when I read that. Freaking hysterical. :lol:
                                    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Originally posted by sunnygirl
                                      Oh, Tui, I DIED when I read that. :
                                      damn, i hate it when my jokes kill people. It's really messy and doesn't really help my reputation around town, people avoid me and don't talk to me. I send my condolences for your death, sunnygirl. And i hope you have a nice afterlife.
                                      What an idiot....

                                      Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        if anyone wnats a spell check both firefox and explorer have plug ins for them. I will be updating mine soon. I haven't reinstalled it since I had to reformat my hard drives...

                                        Comment

                                        Get Away Today Footer

                                        Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X