Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Surgery

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Surgery

    Just a note that I could use some 'prayers' from all ya'.

    I went to the surgeon this morning and my hernia is in a 'bad way' - and I will be going in for hernia surgery next Wednesday Morning, November 22.

    I'm a bit nervous about getting all kinds of stuff done at home before I go 'under the knife' but at the same time, I am in pain with the hernia, so I can't do that much.

    Anyway, just thought I'd ask you for your 'good vibes' for next Wednesday.

    Thanks ~ :bow:

  • #2
    Re: Surgery

    You're in my prayers. Take it easy and don't push yourself to much!!!!

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Surgery

      Doesn't sound like fun hope you have a speedy recovery.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwwdFhJWDK0

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Surgery

        You will be in my thoughts and prayers. And as Crystal Castle said above, be sure to take it easy even now, and do keep us updated.
        Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Surgery

          Thank you. I guess what I should also ask is "have any of you had this surgery?" What was recovery time? Etc, and so on....

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Surgery

            Yes I had the surgery done in 1995 - double hernia, so I know what you're going through.

            Mine was outpatient: in at 7am out by noon. They placed wire mesh in there so now I have a bionic groin :lmao:

            Hurt like a sonofabitch to walk around for a few days but they MAKE you walk around right afterwards so that it doesnt heal incorrectly.

            You'll probably need someone to put your pants on, and definitely socks because you wont be able to reach down and do that for a few days to a week.

            And forget about lifting anything for a couple weeks thats over 10lbs or so. They dont want the stitches to rip open (and neither do you).

            Have lots to read and watch on tv because you'll do that quite a bit.

            Oh and one more bit of advice. Be sure and do your DOOty (if you catch my drift) beforehand because you wont want to for a while after the surgery. BELIEVE ME!!

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Surgery

              I hope you have a speedy recovery. I also hope you guys have someone at home to help you and the wife out since she just had the baby.
              "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Surgery

                I will be praying for you and I hope you heal very quickly. and yes do your duty before hand, and take a gentle laxitive after a few days so you won't be all backed up and uncomfortable. sending my prayers up for you now

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Surgery

                  Originally posted by Olympicnut View Post
                  Yes I had the surgery done in 1995 - double hernia, so I know what you're going through.

                  Mine was outpatient: in at 7am out by noon. They placed wire mesh in there so now I have a bionic groin :lmao:

                  Hurt like a sonofabitch to walk around for a few days but they MAKE you walk around right afterwards so that it doesnt heal incorrectly.

                  You'll probably need someone to put your pants on, and definitely socks because you wont be able to reach down and do that for a few days to a week.

                  And forget about lifting anything for a couple weeks thats over 10lbs or so. They dont want the stitches to rip open (and neither do you).

                  Have lots to read and watch on tv because you'll do that quite a bit.

                  Oh and one more bit of advice. Be sure and do your DOOty (if you catch my drift) beforehand because you wont want to for a while after the surgery. BELIEVE ME!!
                  Bionic groin! HAHAHHAH :lol: Yeah, I think that's what they have me scheduled for.

                  My hernia is baseball sized and growing more and more uncomfortable. I'll be 'down' for at least 5 days I think........so I guess that's OK.

                  I'm hoping to return to work on Monday, November 27 - time will tell.

                  Thanks for the advice! Much appreciated.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Surgery

                    DD, you'll probably be laughing your butt off tomorrow at the avatar I will have. You'll be in my throughts and prayers .

                    You just need a hug .
                    Last edited by Disney Wrassler; 11-13-2006, 11:58 AM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Surgery

                      I had my surgery a few years back. It was outpatient also. The worse part (other than the pain afterwards) was that they make you pee before they release you from the hospital. I'm sure they give you drugs for the pain ... enjoy that!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Surgery

                        Originally posted by Disney Wrassler View Post
                        DD, you'll probably be laughing your butt off tomorrow at the avatar I will have. You'll be in my throughts and prayers .

                        You just need a hug .
                        Right on.

                        Couldn't access the "You just need a hug" thing. What was it?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Surgery

                          Originally posted by mikelan6 View Post
                          I had my surgery a few years back. It was outpatient also. The worse part (other than the pain afterwards) was that they make you pee before they release you from the hospital. I'm sure they give you drugs for the pain ... enjoy that!
                          Hooray. Yeah, when I was 25, I had my left knee reconstructed and that night in the hospital the nurse said that if I didn't pee my midnight she was going to put a catheter in me! HELLO!? It was misery trying, but I think a catheter would have been torture.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Surgery

                            You will be in my thoughts and prayers during your surgery.. i am sure everything will go well.. think you will feel alot better afterwards.. remmeber we are all thinking about you

                            Friends for life

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Surgery

                              I had the surgery done back in 02'. I was progressing really well with my Road racing, Then I noticed I was riding kind of "flat" per say. I seemed to be going well, but no real upswing in training.
                              I had one since birth that was congenital in my abdomen probably from birth. Where I recieved the other two, who knows? Total of three at once. I had Lapriscopic. I was home by evening, but in some serious pain. The catheter was the worse part.
                              I will be thinking of you.
                              1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X