Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tomorrow's the big day...

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Tomorrow's the big day...

    ...and look how thrilled I'm not.

    I'm starting to get a little tired of OSU stuff everywhere. People treating me like I'm some kind of traitor because I really just don't care about the OSU vs. Michigan game. I'm just shocked that people are shocked and almost seem offended that I don't own any OSU clothing.

    Why should I? I never went to the school. I went to Walnut Ridge High School. I never wore Bexley High School clothing. So why should this be any different?

    Of course, I go to Columbus State and don't have any of their clothing either, but I digress.

    But the fact is, I just don't care. I'm not a football watcher and there's no reason I should become a football watcher just because this is the sacred and holy game against their ultimate rival.

    And, you know what? Apparently this is only a one-sided rivalry. Michigan apparently doesn't hype this game up as much as OSU always does.

    We are only their rivals if it's in return.

    We're like 3rd or 4th down the list to them.

    So stop acting like I'm committing high treason for not caring about a football game!!!

    </rant>
    -Tim

  • #2
    Re: Tomorrow's the big day...

    And, you know what? Apparently this is only a one-sided rivalry. Michigan apparently doesn't hype this game up as much as OSU always does.
    I ave to disagree with you (and perhaps i will quote some Michigan fans hatred. They claim OSU cannot spell their own name "We had to teach them how to do it" I've also heard Michigan fans say "If my kid went to OSU i would not allow him back in my house and I would disown him."

    Take a trip up north. It's ugly.

    We have a friend who is a rabid Michigan fan. he spews all his hatred towards OSU and then says "I have the utmost respect for thier team" Yea....whatev.

    I hope OSU beats the crap out of Michigan. i think Michigan fans are just awful, pompous, and arrogant. Could the same be said for OSU, probably. My experience has been more with Michigan fans and it gets old.

    Same could be said for USC/UCLA fans, I know I know. But I don't get into the trash talk. just not me.

    I can't wait for tomorrow to be over.
    Katie :yea:
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    :sc: FIGHT ON!!!!!!








    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Tomorrow's the big day...

      Originally posted by Disneykat View Post
      I ave to disagree with you (and perhaps i will quote some Michigan fans hatred. They claim OSU cannot spell their own name "We had to teach them how to do it" I've also heard Michigan fans say "If my kid went to OSU i would not allow him back in my house and I would disown him."

      Take a trip up north. It's ugly.

      Must be some mind games they were trying to pull... apparently, some ex-Michigan players (like, from the 80s or so) were on TV this morning in an interview saying that they don't view it as rabidly as OSU does and that MSU is their true rival.
      -Tim

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Tomorrow's the big day...

        Originally posted by Disneykat View Post



        I can't wait for tomorrow to be over.
        Couldn't agree with you more! I am currently in Toledo - and it's getting a lil scary here! Because we are soooooo close to the MI border there is a huge division - it's weird. I am from CA and not a big football fan at all - in fact - I could care less. I cannot wait for tomorrow to be over and everyone can regain their senses. It's just a silly game.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Tomorrow's the big day...

          Originally posted by cpdisneyprincess View Post
          Couldn't agree with you more! I am currently in Toledo - and it's getting a lil scary here! Because we are soooooo close to the MI border there is a huge division - it's weird. I am from CA and not a big football fan at all - in fact - I could care less. I cannot wait for tomorrow to be over and everyone can regain their senses. It's just a silly game.
          Toledo has nothing on us....

          I live in Columbus! This is where the game is!

          I hate it that it's going to back up all sorts of traffic, I won't be able to do anything decent because of the OSU/MI crowds... all I can do is huddle up in my home, waiting for it to end.

          And, lets not forget the aftermath... it'll either be "We lost! Let's torch some cars!" or "We won! Let's torch some cars!" There really isn't much difference between winning or losing...

          It's just that if they win, we'll be bombarded with another year's worth of merch to celebrate the victory.
          -Tim

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Tomorrow's the big day...

            Considering Bo Schembechler passed away this morning.... I think this game is going to be very interesting.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Tomorrow's the big day...

              Originally posted by FrumiousBoojum View Post
              ...and look how thrilled I'm not.

              I'm starting to get a little tired of OSU stuff everywhere. People treating me like I'm some kind of traitor because I really just don't care about the OSU vs. Michigan game. I'm just shocked that people are shocked and almost seem offended that I don't own any OSU clothing.

              Why should I? I never went to the school. I went to Walnut Ridge High School. I never wore Bexley High School clothing. So why should this be any different?

              Of course, I go to Columbus State and don't have any of their clothing either, but I digress.

              But the fact is, I just don't care. I'm not a football watcher and there's no reason I should become a football watcher just because this is the sacred and holy game against their ultimate rival.

              And, you know what? Apparently this is only a one-sided rivalry. Michigan apparently doesn't hype this game up as much as OSU always does.

              We are only their rivals if it's in return.

              We're like 3rd or 4th down the list to them.

              So stop acting like I'm committing high treason for not caring about a football game!!!

              </rant>
              Finally!! Someone who could care less about this game as much as I do!!!
              I don't see what the hype is all about and have heard about this 'rivalry' for years and still don't see the point.
              I'm in Cincinnati and it's still major hyped up down here as well, almost as much as Bengals/Steelers usually is.
              My dad went to OSU and even he could care less.
              Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Tomorrow's the big day...

                Apparently, the rivalry dates back to 1835 or so with the Toledo War... a rivalry over land lines.
                -Tim

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Tomorrow's the big day...



                  TOMORROW IS THE BIGGEST GAME OF THE YEAR!!!



                  But to each his or her own. I'm setting my Tivo as we speak. The winner of this game will take the championship. It will be a GRRRREAT matchup and I personally can't wait!

                  :clap:
                  Last edited by Mac Daddy; 11-17-2006, 06:32 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Tomorrow's the big day...

                    Ahhhh, Toledo...spent Christmas 2002 there. Well just outside of Toledo. I liked it.
                    Katie :yea:
                    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
                    :sc: FIGHT ON!!!!!!








                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Tomorrow's the big day...

                      I like the Toledo Zoo.
                      -Tim

                      Comment

                      Ad Widget

                      Collapse
                      Working...
                      X